Anyone else use Kodi? It's the best thing since popcorn time

Anyone else use Kodi? It's the best thing since popcorn time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/$1
youtube.com/$i
osmc.tv/download/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Post your addons.

Mine:
youtube
exodus
ccloud tv (shit)
sanctuary
f4mtester (needed by many live tv)

Works much better than VLC. The only thing I fucking hate is the small seekbar on phone.

>youtube addon

Does it let you watch your subscriptions?

Also any way to stream from kodi to xbone? (Fuck plex)

>f4mtester

I've been trying to install this. It doesn't seem to respond/download after it prompted me to install that first.

I tried it but the player ran like shit

>Does it let you watch your subscriptions?

I don't know, I browser without a user account. There is an option to sign in though, so I suppose yes, you could watch your subscriptions.

>I've been trying to install this

I just followed some pajeet blog with instructions and everything is OK. Using kodi 17 btw.

exodus and ccloudtv are the only reliable ones for me. Since I dont have to subscribe to anything to use them.

My ran fine on a raspberry pi 2, even the 1080p. What kind of system/os are using?

Not a kodi addon, but I use youtube-dl to subscribe to accounts without an account.
You can run it on your kodi box once a day to get the videos you want.

my scripts:
YTDIR=~/Videos/youtube/channels
function ytsubcribe(){
echo "This may take a while"
t=$(mktemp)
youtube-dl --download-archive $t youtube.com/$1 --skip-download --ignore-errors |
grep "Extracting video information" |
cut -d : -f 1 |
cut -d [ -f 2 |
cut --complement -c 8 > $YTDIR/$1
rm $t
}
function ytupdate(){
ytlog=$(mktemp)
cd $YTDIR
for i in $(find . -maxdepth 2 -type f -print0 | xargs -0r ls | cut -d / -f 2-) ; do
youtube-dl -f 'bestvideo[ext=mp4]+bestaudio[ext=m4a]/bestvideo+bestaudio' --merge-output-format mp4 --download-archive $i youtube.com/$i --dateafter now-6months --ignore-errors | tee $ytlog;
ndl=$(ls -l *.* 2> /dev/null | wc -l)
grep "Extracting video information" $ytlog |
cut -d : -f 1 |
cut -d [ -f 2 |
cut --complement -c 8 >> $i
rm $ytlog
echo "moving from $i"
mv -vf *.* ../
done
cd -
}

Vstream
Stream all sources
Exodus

Pseudo TV live is great

>Channels of local media
>Can have ads and bumpers to simulate real TV
>Can change TV schedules based on time
>Can have channels of live streams

I really love the cartoon Network channel I made. Plays cartoons from like 7 am to 8pm when it switches to adult swim, and on Saturday it switches to toonami and airs anime, and at like 11 it airs a random anime movie, complete with bumpers.

I have a kodi business running
fucking buy 1000 boxes for $20 and sell for $400 at free TV one time pay, people love it.

kodi's been around far longer than popcorn time

but why

Running kodi on 4 firetv boxes throughout the house. Hardwired Ethernet is a must for high bitrate content. Using 1channel for streaming things usenet doesn't have.

What'd you use to make the channel? I'd like to take all the kids shows my daughter watches and create a 24/7 stream.

Nostalgia and the fact I hate having to choose what I wanna watch sometimes. TV will always have the advantage of just being able to sit down and consume media

Pseudo TV live. You can set it up to use local media or stream services. I use local media

>not using sonarr/couchpotato to seamlessly download >all your shows and movies as soon as they are released >instead of this pajeet quality shit and broken links
Kek

Watch out they're starting to go after sellers of kodi pirate boxes with lawsuits.

I do exactly that but use kodi to play my media.

Plex's comfyer bro

exodus
exabyte

No, it's not. I prefer plain text folder browsing to fancy art menus. Plex requires like 3 times the navigation actions to play a show vs kodi. I only use plex when I'm traveling in hotels.

XBMC is older than Popcorn Time though

Paradox Wizard has everything for the UK. F2A channels, sports, Sky via UKTurk, radio and a decent skin to sort them into proper categories.

Could be botnet though.

thank you. I've been thinking about making channels like this for years and didn't know of anything that could do it

Possibly, but Plex is faster on lower end hardware. Kodi is slow as fuck on shitty hardware, specially when using plugins because most of them launch a full Python interpreter on every menu refresh.

That shit has needed fixing for about ten years. It should be trivial to have a pypy interpreter running in the background at all times, so I can only assume that the codebase is an unholy mess.

Bob
Empflix
Exodus
Fantasti.cc
Javstream
Phoenix
Ultimate IPTV
Ultimate Whitecream
Videodevil
Wood Rocket

>Paradox Wizard

Does it need a VPN?

What's a good music streaming service?

I'm covered for TV and Movies and Youtube is hit or miss, I suppose there's Spotify but no idea how well it works and I tried to get MP3 Stream but I couldn't load the repo.

satan commands it

and agreed

Dimitrology build...flawless

Exodus seems kind of shitty, honestly. Everything is slow and in terrible quality. Unless I'm doing something very wrong here.

Couch potato is absolute garbage compared to sonarr, it's unfortunate

What build do you have

This program absolutely confuses my tiny mind. i simply cannot get arround to make it work.
I mostly just torrent movies and put them on a HDD anyway and then connect that to my android tv box. Or use showbox

The latest, as far as I'm aware. I only set it up a week or two ago.

I mean what build did you put onto kodi

Dev build isn't so bad

the MP3 Streams addon should be in the tvaddons.ag repo
if you don't have the repo, get it. it's pretty much essential since it has the latest updates for addons

If you're outside the UK you need a VPN for the UK TV streams as they link to the official sources. Other than that, I don't think so. It's a collection of all the plugins that haven't been blocked in the UK or that have multiple sources.

well here it is... my fav. kody addons!

Do your parents know or.. do y ou just hide it when they come to your room?

>Adult Hideout
U know it

Is there anywhere to get a nice,"pre-built" kodi setup? I'm too lazy to find good addons. Do you guys stream to your TV? Raspberry PI is shit for Kodi...

It doesn't even auto download properly like sonarr does, and it's written in fuckin Python like a meme

idk what u talking about.
On my raspberry i use exodus and othere and i see 1080p movies and series and some tv with out a problem.

Is it because I'm running it with Retropie/RetroArch? I'm using a quality 128 GB microSD card but to be fair, I haven't bothered with Kodi in a while after my first Kingston 32 GB SD corrupted and I lost all my addons and games.

ho...i dont know the problem desu.
now i use my raspi. on network stuff and i dont have kodi anymore on.
But about 2 month ago run smoothly with exodus for some movies, one other addons i don recall the name to see some animes and PVR addons for tv.
ha... i give him like 128mb on the video memory.

ho...i dont know the problem desu.
now i use my raspi. on network stuff and i dont have kodi anymore on.
But about 2 month ago run smoothly with exodus for some movies, one other addons i don recall the name to see some animes and PVR addons for tv.
ha... i give him like 128mb on the video memory

I also run Retropie alongside with OSMC to stream and it works pretty good
osmc.tv/download/

Yeah, that was the problem. Some addons ran near perfect like Exodus but I shit ton of them simply didn't work like most sports channels. Yeah, I'm into sports. A bosscast addon or something else that streams sports at high quality would be nice.

>I mostly just torrent movies and put them on a HDD
>and then connect that to my android tv box
Kodi basically is your android tv box whatever that is, load it up and add your HDD as a source and it will scan the lot to make a nice collection of media you can play.

What's the best Live TV plugin for US channels?

because fuck paying comcast kikes an extra 30 bucks a month

fucking pirate

>Do your parents know
You have to be 18 or older to browse this site.

Is Android TV Box still the best device for Kodi outside of a PC to TV setup of course?

Yeah, I use it to stream video from my NAS.

Emby addon
Steam launcher
Youtube

Not him but people are doing the same thing with Retropie setups now selling them for ~$160 on ebay because it's so simple now after a certain 128 GB preloaded image leaked. It would be easy as hell to profit from idiots this way but you know Nintendo is certainly going to crack down on it because of NES Mini which runs linux also, btw. kek. Also, the preloaded image takes away from the most time consuming aspect it would take to load up a 128 GB SD card with roms and other custom things. Fucking swindlers. I'll admit that I thought about it but in the end, it's not worth getting sued.

Not to say, it also puts Retropie at risk, which is why they've asked a few of the larger YT channels advertising the image to take it down.

Been using osmc on a couple of pi's its pretty handy in general for iptv and the like, I'm not quite ready to leave usenet though

It probably launches an emulation of an original xbox to launch the original xbmc and then runs everything else on top of it. It's the only thing that makes sense.

Firetv is best imo.

Degenerate

Lol you think that makes sense huh?

Some faggot tried to sell me a Amazon fire stick /w Kodi and pirating addons pre-installed, I asked him wher he downloaded these at. Lagged like Windows Vista on a Celeron.

His fucking response was along the lines of "I'm a programmer, I went to college and have been using computers since you were born"

lmao most of the movies wouldn't download, but ONE iptv of New York 's Time Square loaded.

So, my question an ARM htpc worth it, should I buy a Zidoo or a refurbished NUC?

Just get a NUC or a Compute Stick

But honestly a Chromecast worked fine for me

Chinkboxes from aliexpress won't let you do much more than play low bitrate movies, can't even emulate on them cause their armlogic cpus start melting.
On a firetv you can use emulators but it's still ARM so you're still limited.
If you're willing to fork the money get a NUC, or could just get an old workstation or build a mini ATX.

Or get a chink NUC for like $100-$200

i cant even get it to play dvds tho

Can't have an Xbox media center without the Xbox!