Sup Forums approved email services

What is the currently most secure email service that respects your privacy and rights?

Protonmail?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lavabit
privacytools.io/#email
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Host your own email server.

installgentoo mail

I use and love ProtonMail indeed.

Openmailbox
Tutanota

Host it yourself, and failing that: cock.li

I use mailbox org

Mailbox.org is good

>nobody reads the fucking wiki
>nobody checks archives of numerous Sup Forums threads about email where the answers are decisively in tube with what is recommended on the wiki

cock.li is better than the rest anyway but all you fucking normies ever rec is protonmail

Yeah bro, everyone should read the archives and never post anything to Sup Forums.

wait

you might actually be right

I had account already in protonmail but read (probably) some shitposts about it that made me thread

sorry for wasting your bandwith hero

>made me thread
y-you too

I switched to Protonmail from Gmail in November, and I'm pretty happy with it so far. Not looking forward to hitting the 500 MB limit and having to pay, though.

Their iOS app is the best "official" mail app of any provider I've ever used

openmailbox doesn't encrypt your emails last time I read their FAQ or whatever

I would avoid it if you feel you need high security

If you want all gmail features for free: own domain + Zoho

If you want cheap privacy: own domain + tutanota

Protonmail won't encrypt either unless it's your recipient also uses Protonmail (very rare, everyone uses Gmail).

It's retarded to rely on your email service to encrypt email for you. You should use specialized encryption programs for that end (e.g. GnuPG).

susimail
maybe it's not so popular at Sup Forums because almost nobody here uses i2p

This. Took about 20 minutes and it works great

zoho.eu

free of five eyes yo

>free of five eyes yo
? how

how can you be free of it if you are connected to internet

cock.li

Protonmail doesn't even work with eBay, so that sucks.
Also it has a short inactivity period.
But otherwise it's OK, I guess.

Tutanota does not have those problems. But it also has less features.

Just use GMail, any of these small 'privacy' providers is just snake oil and they can't even provide proper support, due to lack of resources.

I'd recommend almost anything over Gmail nowadays (except maybe some garbage like Hotmail/Outlook/Yahoo).
It's technically pretty good, but Google knowing everything about you is scary.

Also, Gmail provides exactly zero support unless you pay. Try getting locked out of your account (it doesn't have to be your fault) and see how it works.

Not that guy, but what service would you recommend? I tried protonmail but I need a service that I can use through Thunderbird/Claws-Mail

Yeah, you can't use any encrypted email provider then, you need something IMAP compatible.

Free or paid?
Free: Vivaldi, Yandex, Openmailbox... Yandex is the most future-proof of those, but also russian botnet.
Paid: lots of options. Many people swear by Fastmail.

gmail

This isn't possible on most residential internet connections, they block outgoing traffic on port 25.
I host my own mailserver, but I still need to use smtp.gmail.com as a relay on port 587 to get around that restriction.
In addition, ebay will only deliver mail if your server can pass a reverse DNS check, which no residential account can.

Host the smtp on your own server.
A 5$/year vps can do that and also so much more.

Posteo is absolutely worth the 1 euro/month

I don't expect privacy from any of these services anyway but protonmail is pretty comfy

>his email doesn't have cocks.

>proton
Used protonmail and very happy with the results. Could use some support for email clients though, and what the fuck is the google-play-only app?

It's called Gmail dipshits.

It's free as in gratis
It has IMAP/SMTP
You can send photos encrypted emails over it like literally any other fucking provider.

Basically, you're all fucking stupid. Learn how federated services work and learn what end to end encryption is if you give a single file shit about privacy.

Gmail requires you to sign into the web mailer regularly or IMAP will be blocked.

>hero
You miss-spelled an-hero...

This is incorrect

Nope, your emails will be flagged as spam for most recipients.

>caring about what some neckbeard on an animu message board thinks

OP you're being lead astray by the /vidya/ nerds.

Microsoft Outlook.com implemented client-sided end-to-end asymmetric back-propagated cloud-distributed encryption.

Nobody in here is really in the know about whats going on in 2017...

email is gay lol just smoke weed desu

I'm a sys-admin that sets some of these things up, can attest to truth.

this, absolutely this. honestly this board is getting cringe :/

>using an email service by some fag in romania
No.

Only a complete and utter fucking retard is going to use an email service named cock, shit for brains. Literally and immediately kill yourself, you dumb fucking shit stain.

If this was remotely true you wouldn't be able to use an email client with any email service provider. Maybe your ISP is just absolute garbage?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lavabit

>Lavabit has announced they will start operating again on January 21, 2017.

Hello fellow nazi.
Posteo is really the best one ever

It's not even amusing.
I hate you.

Someone please nuke this board for a few weeks.

done :)

This is exactly why ISPs provide SMTP relays for their customers, that run on higher ports. Also, some ISPs allow port 25 access only to their own relays.
I'm on verizon, but I've also experimented with cox and comcast and they all block port 25. Verizon is the least restrictive, they at least allow me incoming traffic on ports 80 and 443.

Nigg.er

>email
>privacy
Pick one, you can use anything if you use gpg with your contacts.
Otherwise don't bother.
>hosting your own
Unless it's a colocated dedicated server or homehosting don't even bother, those vps mail hosts are more vulnerable & less secure then gmail.

mail.com

fucking serious

>if your server can pass a reverse DNS check, which no residential account can.
Try asking them. A lot of ISPs do, although there may be a fee for it.

If you know how to do it right, they don't.

In that case, how can you trust the VPS? You could encrypt its HDD but they'll still have ways to gain its key.

This.

Protonmail e-mails are encrypted. They're received unencrypted for spam filtering and such but once they're processed to the mailbox, they're then encrypted. That's what they state although there's no way to audit that.

>Try asking them. A lot of ISPs do, although there may be a fee for it.
Maybe if you have a business account with a static IP. There's no way to do that for a residential dynamic IP because you don't actually own the IP address.
Upgrading to a business account is normally an enormous expense. Even then, with cox you aren't guaranteed a static IP or a PTR record.
What are these ISPs that'll give out static IPs to residential customers?

Unless you're paying for an alternative service, you may aswell just use GMail

no

privacytools.io/#email
privacytools.io/#email
privacytools.io/#email
privacytools.io/#email
privacytools.io/#email

I use fastmail, it's pretty good and the support is excellent.

well it was in germany before the government seized his hard drives so he moved to a country that doesn't do that shit

not with valid spf records and a dkim key moron

I use Postfix and Dovecot, but Jesus fuck the amount of spam I get makes me not even want to use it. SpamAssassin is shit.

Not entirely true. It takes time to build up credibility with the major email providers. I have a server now with DKIM, spf, DMARC and I still regularly get put in the spam box. Its how these companies stay in power. They throw you in the spam folder so you're forced to use their services.

Home server is the best but hard to set up.

Second best would be some sort of SMS to email. Not encrypted, not very private, but if someone steals your password it's not like they can get ten years worth of old email, and I doubt any subpoena would get a lot of archived mail.

Lol have you ever met vc?

cock.li or is it dead?

kek

> hard to set up
Install ISPConfig if you're unable to configure a mail server from the ground up.

>cringe
>:/
i cringed

not who you replied to, and also don't know shit about technology, but my ISP has offered me a static IP for the equivalent of $5 more per month

What about people who have dynamic IP?

protonmail :DD

freemail

The Google Gmail is the most secure gemail service. \thread

>the google google mail

How long does it take?

Cock.li's warrant canary expired and vc hasn't reported back since his trip to Germany.

Protonmail, though they might be backdoored by now.

Tutanota.

Hosting it yourself.

These are the only options.

yandex?

Not what I use at least :^)

I use Botnet Suite aka G Suite on own domain

I wish I knew. Its been about a month but I think my credibility is rising.

In europe pretty much no ISP gives a shit.

Not true, setup a SPF record on your DNS and ask your ISP to setup a PTR record for you.
Most of the time they will do it even if you don't have a pro contract.

They are fucked.

Last resort is buying a cheap VPS to use as email server.
Still a much better solution than using gmail, etc.

>protonmail
>can't use it through a 3rd party email client
>can't even do pgp

fucking worthless """"""privacy"""""" """"""""""""encrypted"""""""""""" email service

Fastmail is the oldest, most reliable and most transparent service available

I'm not sure I would configure the GnuPG encryption correctly with all the needed configuration files (because defaults are pretty bad) so I trust CERN and MIT scientists to do this for me.

What about ssh port forwarding through VPS into home server, fellow anons? Like holding a domain name on VPS but running server at home? What do you think about it?

Every time I use my protonmail with a credit card processor, my card gets blocked.
This has happened to one VISA, two MasterCards and one prepaid MasterCard from two different IPs and three different payment processors.

Be advised Sup Forumsents.

>It takes time to build up credibility with the major email providers.
My arse does it. SPF, DKIM, DMARC, a valid PTR and a EHLO that isn't complete fucking gibberish will get your mail through to Google, Outlook, Yahoo and AOL. Submission from a residential range is nothing compared to the shit they see on a regular basis.

What fails are the small ISPs running Windows Server 2003 with filtering powered from some piece of shit like barracuda. Residential IP? Block. Wind in the Arctic? Block. The hour is an even number? Block. There's no solution for these fuckers because they don't give a shit and probably don't know enough to add your address to their whitelist.

>waifu.club

>he lost the fucking domain

>not applying for jobs using @cock.li

Who are you protecting from? If it's the NSA then email in its simple form will not protect your rights because your emails are sent to other insecure servers e.g. gmail and the plaintext is send maybe encrypted through the wire in its route to gmail. Gmail apparently has 1B active users so you will be sending to gmail users most of the time.

You can use PGP to protect the contents of the email therefore it doesn't hurt you as much to send to gmail users but no one really use that so do as little sensitive work in email as much as possible

So just use Signal or whatsapp because your privacy and rights are more protected, even with whatsapp closed source and owned by facebook.

I work for a branch of my local government and my boss and everything up from him talk about public management/security stuff in a fucking whatsapp group

They have a VPN for internal mailing too and they use it in outlook 2008 and XP machines

How good is Tutanota compared to others?

Fucking bad
>can't see mail attacked images or anything without downloading it
>can't delete current mail with supr
>name is horrid

>in the know

>getting cringe
>:/

Tell your boss you need new shill scripts pls

Signal or Whatsapp won't protect you from governments, but the Signal people know what they do. What they do is building a house with cataclysm-proof walls and a floor in sheetrock, where all the bad guys come from the ground. Nevermind.

You may as well use Bitmessage or Retroshare for real privacy. Retroshare is more featured (sending files, etc.) and doesn't send a copy of your messages to everyone, when Bitmessage is more simple to use.

You're on an anonymous image board, who on earth would be naive enough to believe you?