not over 200$ pls

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/Zgqxyc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>i need to upgrade my cpu
why

>6600k
it is 5 years old and doesnt work to its max power

You will need to update your motherboard too, are the 200 only for your cpu or do they include both?

>coming at me with bait that weak
YGSIU

yep they were just for my cpu
i may include like 100 more if it's necessary

Literally why? Your GPU is still the limiting factor if you are a GAYMER.

sell your mobo, ram and cpu, buy a new mobo, ram and Skylake ES from chinks.

the 2500k is a workhouse... if you did your research you'd realize upgrading your cpu right now would be a waste of money

You should remove that malware from your WC first and install a GNU+Linux distro.

This. Intel's i5/i7s from sandy bridge onwards have no need to upgrade

wc?

Sandy to Ivy to Haswell to Broadwell to Skylake to Kaby were all such miniscule jumps that Kaby only performs around 20% better per clock

And Sandy Bridge will usually OC around 10% better anyways.

It's not worth it mate

second 1050ti
there, doubled your performance, and didn't go over budget.

You could get a 2600k or 3770k for pretty cheap used and overclock it with your current motherboard.. It will be pretty close to a i7 6700k performance, and pobably only cost you around $100.

If you want a 6.gen i5/i7, you'll have to buy a new motherboard and ddr4 ram.

What cooler do you have?

They can't SLI, only GP104 and GP102 can SLI

THIS.
Your CPU is more then enough OP, there is no significant jump to warrant an upgrade.
At most OC your CPU a few hundreds MHz (Or higher if you want)

I have a locked 3470 and I don't see when I am going to upgrade it, handles everything just fine.

why would you need to upgrade it just because its 5 years old?

I think this is a bait thread.

Just get 8gb more RAM.
Everything else is fine for what it is.

could've sworn i've seen 1050s in sli before...

>GTX 1050 Ti
My nigga.

Top line Sandy Bridge CPUs go for a bit under $200. So just find a used one on eBay

Upgrade your video card first tho. And consider doubling your RAM

>implying you can get a decent CPU for under $200.

nope

GP104 and GP102 also only officially support 2 way SLI as well

wank center

???
$200 won't even get you any performance increase m8

>i need to upgrade my cpu, its 5 years old
why do you need to upgrade your cpu?
don't say "its 5 years old". why does that matter?

I mean guys to be fair before the whole i7 and core 2 duos gen you had to upgrade your cpu quite frequently. 5 years was more than enough. But you guys are right my sandy i7 still kicks major ass now that I think of it.. I was kinda in OP's shoes a few min ago.

yep. buying a new cpu is costly. if you need a new motherboard, all the worse. why volunteer to spend money like this? people on Sup Forums seem to just be in this habit of blowing their money indiscriminately on crap.

stop buying crap for a while. or only buy it when you find yourself needing it more than once or twice. that is, *needing* it, and *more than* once or twice.

Another 8gb of ram

Spend the rest on a hooker.

5+ years ago "5 years old" was more of a big deal than it is now, but progress has slowed down while they come up with ways to squeeze more performance and efficiency out of technology that's essentially reached its peak. The leaps and bounds of last decade are pretty much over until the next big breakthrough, so now it's much easier to get away with a longer interval between upgrades without being left in the dust.

I'm currently running an i7-930 on my main system and an i3-2100 on my secondary (both stock), and while there's still room for improvement, I don't feel so horribly gimped as I did with previous behind-the-curve systems I owned.

>Windows 10
Upgrade to a real OS first.

you cant, unless you went with the skylake i3-6100 which is about 80% as good in multi threads and must faster in single threads

so thats $100 you can get a mini atx mobo for $50 and then 8 gigs of ram for another 40 and you're under 200

there you go, then you can save up to get an i5

otherwise the i5 itself will be over $200 and if you need the K then you're spending even more for a Z mobo

but honestly your CPU is still within all the haswell and skylakes with only the autistic i7-6/7K's being the largest jump and mostly only in multithreaded, if you game its unessisary

pcpartpicker.com/list/Zgqxyc

but for what its worth the 2500k is still listed on game debate's future proofing page for being well within the minimum requirements for AAA games for atlest 2 more years

most of the Giant Bomb crew are all on the 2500k with only Jeff upgrading last year cause of the shitshow that was the Forza 3 PC port so he went autism and got the 6700k and a 1080

Brad is still on a 2500k and the GTX 660

"old" Xeon server processors are just as good as mid-tier i7 processors

>He uses Windows 10
Fucking upgrade to 7.

>this thread is still here
why do people always fall for shitty bait...