Nothing to hide nothing to fear

>nothing to hide nothing to fear
Has anyone been able to disprove this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nothing_to_hide_argument
eff.org/deeplinks/2014/06/top-5-claims-defenders-nsa-have-stop-making-remain-credible
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bend over, citizen

ok so if not fearing it means you've got nothing to hide why do they spy on you regardless, I mean unless they don't believe their own reasoning?

We have the right to privacy, if we give up one right they have the power to take all our rights.

You can't disprove a fact, retard.

You misread the OP baka

Post your tax returns.

Prove that facts exist

See

>philosophy
>technology board

fuck off

This post really got the neurons firing. I hate having my neurons firing.

>You have nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide. Joseph Goebbels

basically propaganda used by opressive goverments that want to controll what you post on Sup Forums

The fact that you've nothing to hide also means that there's no excuse to violate your privacy by means of surveillance.

Did you know that some people lie?

If you don't have anything to hide how about you let me rummage through your house? Or maybe let me read your texts and emails, after all there's nothing illegal right?

The ONLY time somebody should have others invading their privacy is when there is a good reason like being charged with a crime and having a search warrant.

never mind that op is purposely asking a false premise of a question, or that most of the previous posts were childish squabbling, the question isn't even posed in a manner that is even slightly tangibly related to technology, maybe because every time it done in such a manner (usually by adding "cryptofags BTFO"), it gets shut down in the first post which usually mentions that the world's financial transaction system runs on encryption

not that finance is the only relevant sector that runs on encryption, the entire medical field does, corporations and companies would not survive if their trade secrets were in the open; the common retort on this board being "b-but ur not the finance sector", to which the only sane response would be along the lines of, no we're fucking not we're humans and we don't tend to do well when privacy (a basic human right that is recognised almost universally, just fwiw) is removed from us, especially if a very select "privileged" few get to keep it

which leads to the inevitable "b-but prove it" which has delved far enough into philosophy and far enough out of technology that it warrants instant dismissal before the discussion is had, a fair post I would have thought but I forget that I should be catering to people, such as yourself, who openly admit to not being able to think for themselves

and because I can't find a conclusion to this shittily written up post I'll add the smiley with a carat face nose so your fellow idiet morans know to dismiss this post without even reading it

:^)

If nothing was taboo, then we would have nothing to hide. This is unfortunately not true in any community.

Post dick pics, include face. Also your most embarrassing sex story.

Everyone has something to hide.

A fact is that everybody has something to hide from someone because every human on this planet has a subjective disapproval of something.
That includes even those without any material goods, for they have thoughts that can attract disapproval from someone.

If you covet someone's approval, you factually have something to hide in order to evade their disapproval.

An example of that would be Sup Forums addresses in your browser history for which i would personally fire you from the job if i knew it,
because you are all faggots and i don't want to mix faggots with my business and livelihood.

That's where glorious companies such a Microsoft enter, to sell me your browser history under the guise of "bettering marketing and analytic purposes".

>Don't worry goyim, we are the only ones that know you're a gay christian
>Whoops our data has been compromised
>Whoops it can be accessed by your diehard parents who don't know you're gay and would disown you
>Whoops it can be accessed by your neighbors which are muslims
>Whoops

>I don't have anything to say, so I don't care about free speech

Never.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nothing_to_hide_argument

The issue with this is that retards only think about illegal things when they say they got nothing to hide and nothing to fear.
Everyone got something to hide

What have you been sleeping under a rock? This has been disproven almost every time it comes up for the last couple years.

So far the only counter-argument has been "if you have something to hide, you have something to fear", thus "if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear" remains correct.

Well your honest. That a start.

Faggot.

That's not how the Constitution works, bro. Sorry if you're in some 3rd world shithole.

See this. The point is that hiding something doesn't mean to be illegal, Maybe something embarrassing you don't want to share. The point is if you don't want someone knowing about those embarrassing thing why would you let the government look at it without saying anything ?

But the statement is still correct. You are right now saying that you have something to hide and thus you have something to fear.

If you got nothing to hide just give us all your data so we can go see what going on in your life ?

Would you OP ? i dare you.

I have nothing to hide but I also have no reason or even legal obligation to provide you with that information so I'm going to decline your request.

The Statement is correct, because there is a reason to be afraid.

Your personal information are valuable they worth money for big companies. They use for wrong reason and on everyone that use specific services.

If it was not the cases i wouldn't be afraid.

You don't share personal information with stranger do you ? Why would you do it with the government ?

So with do you let the government see you personal information without any good reason to collect them ?

>You don't share personal information with stranger do you ?
People literally put everything about themselves on the Internet for ANYONE to see

Crime prevention is a justified cause.

Well they are stupid. If you have brain you probably don't do that.

I agree but they never prevent a single crime.

You want the source.

There you go

eff.org/deeplinks/2014/06/top-5-claims-defenders-nsa-have-stop-making-remain-credible

You can also find on the internet official documents from the NSA saying that it didn't stop a single crime or Terrorist attack.

At this point you just have to wonder if their vast surveillance network can be beaten by a bunch of kid raping mudslimes of if they're letting known terrorist attacks slide by to create even more intrusive measures.

The single thing terrorist have to do with mass surveillance, they use it to actually be able to setup their mass surveillance shit all over the fucking country.

What's your facebook password?

Easily disprovable

>Oh look we changed a law suddenly and on a whim what you did was illegal hahahaha die

posting on Sup Forums is now illegal, user. Anyone who has posted will be euthanized. Good thing we have a log of all the IP's that have connected since the websites conception.

dadada

Why disprove something that obvious?
Get to the point.

Post your full name address and email including a full google search history please. Let's see if your parents, partner and workplace have any concerns with what you've been browsing.

e3!XUy6%4tKuĀ¤)98Ark%4WQb3x%H6lPcc

It's my actual password but it's useless since you don't have my mail address

Laws aren't applied retroactively you dumb fucks

>2017+1-1
>being gay

This. Being straight is the new gay.

>Has anyone been able to disprove this?
No, now go back to use Windows 10.

I agree OP.
If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.
And if you have something to hide, you still have nothing to fear.