Explain this.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.ubuntu.com/Valve.
youtu.be/LFlMoAasW4A
retropie.org.uk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>GNU + Linux
>Shit games
It is pretty easy to understand. Are you retarded.

I honestly use linux more for gaming than windows.(I just play portal 2, the wicher and some indies)
My windows partition is just a test site were i throw shit in and see if it works.

Which just now reminded me i haven't used the damn thing for over a year o.O

Linux is free only if your time is worthless. Windows 10 is amazing. If you're not a sperg you can also disable all the services that spy very easily.

>arch
it cant even run steam properly

Keep telling yourself that Pajeet. We all know it's embedded into the system and all those "settings" are placeabo.

>Linux is free only if your time is worthless
Yes
>If you're not a sperg you can also disable all the services that spy very easily.
Now you're just being delusional

why do you want me to explain something false? Linux is fucking great for gaming as far as kernels go. probably the best we have.

we just need the rest of the OS not to suck.

Probably starting to hit that threshold where it might be convenient to free up some disk space.

Keep telling yourself that pajeet. A single visit on Facebook gives away more about yourself than windows can every give in a lifetime.

Even if you were so retarded that can't disable the privacy services and blindly accepted the defaults like a moron.

And for game developers to start caring about Linux.

But they won't. Linux marketshare is too low for that.

It's called using DontSpy10. Their main website says that the free version has ads but it really doesn't because there's no difference ;)

It has no third parties creating games for it. That's why it's bullshit mainly. Android is the best example of how linux should be in order to get support.

windows is shit for supercomputing
explain that

That's mainly because they always bundle a GUI. They are morons that they do that. They should have kept developing a DOS base underneath it.

Most people can't play "good" games on Windows 10 anyways. PC gaming is a joke and has been since the mid 2000's

That being said, if your primary reason for having a computer is playing video games, Windows is the (spyware) OS for you

>. PC gaming is a joke

Someone hasn't played Life is Strange

>Most people can't play "good games on Windows 10 anyways

forgot to state the reason why... most people don't have >rigs capable of playing "good" PC games. That's why PC gaming is shit. It's all about resolution, not fun

the answer to that is to keep improving the platform and gaining ground inch by inch. market share has been climbing pretty steadily as of late and that's no coincidence.

theoretically, there should be a "critical mass" point after which growth accelerates rapidly. if we had so many devs hopping on at

>unironically playing video games
>unironically playing video games focused on teenage girls' problems

are you 12?

> not playing games focused on teen problems

what are you, a eunuch?

>tumblr lesbian shit

Linux is shit for games, that's what a gaming Windows VM is for.

When mobile devices become graphically powerful enough that games are developed for Console+PC+Mobile (with only the controls changing) then Linux will see an explosion in games.

Because if you develop for Android, you're basically developing for Linux.

Retard nigger detected.

Sega used Linux to power their PC-based arcade machines in the past decade.

I can get Linux set up way faster than Windows. With Windows, I have to download all my drivers, download all the applications, etc. but I don't need shit in Linux like that. There's your first argument done with.

As for your second argument, you can't know that they're disabled. Microsoft is a known PRISM contributor and, as such, there's reason not to trust them.

Super Tux kart promotes sexism with it's scantily clad under age female children.

I don't get it either, emulators are so much easier on Linux.

>Currently, Steam for Linux is only supported on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS or 12.10 with the Unity, Gnome, or KDE desktop. Additional distributions will be examined for support as time permits. For more information on Steam for Linux, see wiki.ubuntu.com/Valve.
>If you are running another distrubiton of Linux we will be unable to offer support as these are not officially supported. If you are having trouble running Steam for Linux on another distribution we recommend switching to Ubuntu 12.04 LTS or 12.10 with the Unity, Gnome, or KDE desktop.

Are you fucking retarded?
What drivers?
All Windows since 7 have had all drivers preinstalled. Same cannot definitely be said for linux where even the networking drivers create so much trouble you have to make sure your networking device(mostly WiFi stuff) is supported.

man, this guy has some opinions

Is this a joke? Try playing games meant for people who aren't getting just used to blood coming out between their legs every month.

>Because if you develop for Android, you're basically developing for Linux.

what? no. you're developing for Android. your code runs on the Android Runtime, links against Android libraries and uses Android frameworks.

Install Ubuntu!
Arch is for retards!
It doesn't even have a graphical interface. I installed it one time and it sucked hard :D

Last time I checked, you have to actually install your GPU's drivers after you install Windows and it doesn't even update with the system updates.

pacman -S kde

Windows automatically searches for GPU drivers and displays them with system updates for you to check or uncheck?
After you have them installed, drivers application will notify you for updates.

How is it any different on linux though?
I also had to download nvidia drivers with command line

Actually I think Life is strange has a great Plot, and I enjoyed it

I hope this is bait.
Steam works fine.
You have to install a DE.

>PC gaming is a joke and has been since the mid 2000's

Someone hasn't played Skyrim

That's is bullshit, W10 never once did that, I had to go to Nvidia's site.

It does sometimes install outdated drivers if you have the latest drivers already. That's the only thing it does for me.

I never used 10 but I remember windows doing it in 7, weird.
Anyway I'm pretty sure googling nvidia drivers and 2 mouse clicks are far more easier than reading the fucking wiki on how to add a non-free repository and copy-pasting commands.

still better than consoles

I don't have to use either the terminal or go to nvidia's site. It's all about choosing a good distro instead of a freetarded one.

youtu.be/LFlMoAasW4A

>retropie.org.uk

One Os to rule them all

Steam sucks do

last game I played was zero hour.

What distro is that?

Yeah you might be right, what distro is that?

Windows assumes I'm an idiot and treats me as such. It has done so in every version from 3.1 through 10, and the reason for it is simple: It's built for idiots. It's built with the ASSumption that users are incapable of fixing errors themselves. Why bother giving them meaningful error messages? They're too stupid to interpret them anyway. Just say the wifi connection "could not be established", that'll do.

>try pcsx2 on linux
>slow downs out the ass, OpenGL implementation is terrible compared to D3D11 on windows

>try dolphin on linux
>better, but still more noticeable slowdowns on linux compared to windows

>steam
>only esport shit can be played

linux will never be viable for gaming

Using Linux has made me appreciate Windows. Windows for life.

$->pacman -Syu nvidia

That was hard.

>every distro comes with the same package manager

>using distros that aren't arch-based

Sure if you want a fucking butter knife system instead of bleeding edge.

I don't want to be M$'s QA tester, thanks

Based.

AnterGODS master race

I know what I'm replacing my win 10 shit with after work

This, Arch is based
"I can't install Arch"

wtf? PC can play everything consoles can but better! What are you even on about?

Consider suicide.

>I like wasting hours configuring everything after I install Arch

I used Arch for 6 years and I'm even on their donor's page but once you get a little older, fiddling with config files loses its luster. I really hope this doesn't make you think less of your stunning achievement.

Well I'm either going to fiddle with config files after installing arch or fiddle with them after installing something else and deleting the defaults. Arch just has more up to date packages, more of them, and a better wiki in case something does go wrong.

Also always back up your home folder.

I used Arch-anywhere to install, but at least I'm not stuck with the stigma like a dumbass Antergos user. It's my little secret

This is false. Windows has no GPU drivers (not even generic ones), and no ethernet or wifi drivers at all. So you literally have to use a second machine to download them to be able to use internet. Tested all this on latest windows 7 on professional and ultimate, also tested on w10. Multiple computers and laptops. And this is a problem every time on a clean install.
So, you keep killing your own arguments, pajeet. Windows is useless without another PC. Unlike, let's say, Ubuntu, which provides GPU drivers for majority of cards and all connectivity drivers you'll ever need. It's very rare for something not to work there.

Even if something doesn't work on Linux it's easy to just paste a line or two of "code" and everything is done for you automatically. While on windows you have to hunt down drivers manually at first and install them, hoping they work because windows handles drivers shitty and doesn't give you any relevant information about anything. So good luck with pajeet tech support at Microsoft helping you if something goes wrong. Also, say good bye to updates in 5 years unless you use backdoors 10.

Yeah, I can pretend to be a cool kid to if I wanted to.

Well this is also false xD
With 2 of my usb wifi adapters both of them worked out of the box with Windows but not under linux and I had to run ethernet through my house to install non-free firmware(which then needed some configuration instead of just clicking on the setup.exe) and then it caused huge lag spikes in CSGO because said drivers were shit.

You should always do this, to avoid looking like a shithead!

Except that's complete bullshit. Windows 7 and 10 both have built-in drivers FOR THE TECHNOLOGY AVAILABLE AT THE TIME OF RELEASE.

Windows 10 has most drivers for wifi and ethernet since it was released in 2015. You should not expect Windows 7 to have drivers for jack shit, since it was released in 2009. The Linux kernel was still on version 2.6.22 with most distros still using 2.3.something, which ALSO didn't have drivers for jack shit. Go on, try to install Ubuntu 9.04, see how much of your shit works. I'll wait.

To add to this, gigabit ethernet was popularized in 2010, so no, windows 7 will not work with your ethernet controllers out of the box either.

That's just what happens when you use extended support OSs. This is also why having proper backup software is important, so you only ever have to do this shit once.

>It's built with the ASSumption that users are incapable of fixing errors themselves.
If this is true why do i get so much money for constantly fixing other people's windows machines?
I recommend linux to my relatives and friends and it reduces a lot the maintenance burden, their machines works for years without hassle. For other people they're constantly paying to get their windows problems fixed. Having good error messages and being average joe friendly is not mutually exclusive.

>muh third parties
you utterly missed the point didn't you

>reduces a lot the maintenance burden, their machines works for years without hassle.
I read this a lot, exactly what maintenance does Windows require?
I don't have an antivirus, no "tuneup" type of tools, defrag, cleaner or whatever you want and I fill it with a lot of garbage that most users like relatives won't even do to the system.
And my install is still fast after almost 2 years.

>USB wifi
They work differently you idiot. All USB device drivers are installed offline from the actual device. Laptops use on-board wifi and don't have this privilege, they can't use internet at all. And you also completely ignore the ethernet not being supported.
I experienced the opposite problem. Linux worked with my USB wifi while windows kept disconnecting every minute or two. Stop spreading false information, unless you use literal chink shit your drivers will work on Linux.

Except you claimed windows 7 has all drivers, right here . When your only option is either the outdated W7/8 or literal malware W10 I can't see why you'd still use anything made by Microsoft.

>The Linux kernel was still on version 2.6.22 with most distros still using 2.3.something, which ALSO didn't have drivers for jack shit.
But now they do and it can be installed for free and without any need to accept asinine TOS. Windows 10 upgrade was being given for free but a lot of people is rejecting it similarly as how it happened with w8, people still recommends windows 7 over 8 and 10 so the problem still stands. Not only that but i have tried windows 10 and sometimes it doesn't even have the fucking ethernet driver and the compatibility with old hardware is vastly inferior to linux's.

>This is also why having proper backup software is important, so you only ever have to do this shit once.
Stating this is ironical because the most common argument against linux is "fucking linux users always says it's user's fault, that's why linux will never be relevant", now you're telling me a problem on windows is fault of the user? now what? windows will never be relevant on the phone?

That ain't me jackoff.

>exactly what maintenance does Windows require?
It degrades over the time, maintaining you applications updated is hell if you don't want to have a lot of background processes running, it needs to be reinstalled often.

>And my install is still fast after almost 2 years.
Sorry, that's not my experience. Good for you if you can cope with it but windows wasn't supposed to be the average joe-friendly os?

Other distros and DEs don't matter. This is a non issue unless you've gone full retard with custom ricing. Even going partially retarded doesn't seem to break steam.

>It degrades over the time

Not if you convert all your applications to FLAC

Calm down nigger, actually one of those was USB
>worked in Windows out of the box
>needed non-free for linux but worked ok

Other one was built in motherboard
That was the one that lagged all the time while it worked better than the USB wifi in windows

>Windows 8.1
>outdated
what

>degrades over time
lmao what

And I only update applications on next major releases or if if the application has a serious issue with current version

>it needs to be reinstalled often.
why

It always puzzles me how linux users are attacking windows for being "complicated" with updates and maintenance when it's literally retard-proof OS while linux is the complicated one.
I respect linux users but I've had nothing but trouble with linux and not a single issue with Windows for years now.

Personally I've had nothing but trouble with both of them. Fuck computers. Computers are assholes.

All pajeets and Sup Forumstards are the same, don't you know?

Really, i work on a windows 10 desktop every day and i haven't had any problems.

And seriosly in a mixed corporate enironment, the superior desktop is a windows machine with cygwin and some other tools installed.

If i need a linux machine i can just ssh into one anyway, but who the fuck wants to rdp into a windows VM just to be able to show the query plan for an sql query?

>Windows automatically searches for GPU drivers and displays them with system updates for you to check or uncheck?
Where's the question in this statement?

>Own $2000 Windows PC
>Only plays OpenTTD

M$ shill please go.

I remember this game from all the mini laptops and netbooks at the store as a kid.
or was it another one?

>tell truth
>shill

this may be hard for kids to believe, but video games actually aren't that fun when you are over 25 unless you're a pothead or a loser

>You do (thing I don't like)?! How childish, nobody over (arbitrary age) should still be doing that, they should only be doing (thing I like, probably football)

Shill, I've been to windows 10 before and I'm not going back.

This may be hard to believe but most adults don't want to waste time to make something work via the CL and just want to get it over with so they can socialize with other people(outside basements preferably)

Nice having you, enjoy your no support for anything whatsoever

Windows 10 is always shat on by Sup Forums, but is 8 worth an upgrade if I'm on 7?

8.1 here, pretty comfy, just install normal start menu and it's basically upgraded 7 without 10 bullshit

What's with the 8.1 meme that it forces a 10 upgrade on you?

Idk I have updates disabled
That alone saves me a lot of trouble that linux users are reporting they had with windows

Same as 7. Microsoft stopped pushing those updates (maybe). Just run spybot antibeacon and you'll be fine.

8 is fine.