there are people in this board that unironically do not overclock their monitors

> there are people in this board that unironically do not overclock their monitors

Why are you doing this to yourselves Sup Forums?

Did you know you can easily go 76Hz?

Other urls found in this thread:

downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26504/Intel-Graphics-Test-Driver
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>this kills the monitor

For what? The human eye can't see more than 27.2 fps

1. Stop being poor
2. It's worth it
3. It's called having a better experience on your own

>he never writes to his hdd or ssd cuz it's gunna kill it.

Kys

>Did you know you can easily go 76Hz
>telling me what my monitor can do without knowing what monitor I have

Kek, try again kiddo. My scaler wont take anything over 60hz.

>people unironically believe this

>stop being poor
You're on Sup Forums. We're both poor nigger.
>it's worth it
>It's called having a better experience on your own
No it isn't. It literally adds nothing to the tasks I complete on my computer. It's only for gaymen Sup Forumsfags

>Stop being poor
So why don't you own a 144Hz 4K display to begin with, richfag?

It's okay because I ironically don't overstock my monitor

Are you sure? Any shit I try goes 76 or maybe 74.

Monitors aren't dying that easily. If it works it works and stays there forever. I've been using overclocked monitors for years.

I am 100% sure, even 61Hz will fuck it up.

>mfw anything above 76Hz makes my monitor complain that "it's too big for me senpai" and completely makes it stop working

I know right, it's crazy.

I've seen most monitors go to 75 (not much more, usually). Makes me suspect that setting a 60Hz "limit" is there because it's a "standard" refresh rate at this point.

Enjoy your frame skipping.

>buy cheap korean 1440p monitor
>cost about $200
>0 dead pixels
>overclocks to 120hz fine
>only problem is slight backlight bleed
Worth it.

fully tested. besides, most monitors pass the test.

Tried to oc my lg27ud58
It would frame skip at like 65hz even
Rarely but it was there like one out of 10 camera photos

Enjoy your down syndrome. Retard.

I already have a 144 one

Same boat here, I was satisfied with my QNIX enough to get a second one, sadly second one can't reach 120hz but can still go up to 110 so not a major loss.

I'm surprised Sup Forums doesn't talk about korean monitors more 2bh

The overclock on those Korean monitors is placebo because it simply drops the extra frames.

Because overclocking monitors on Linux is a hassle, and in my windows gaymen VM with my gtx 760 60fps 1080 is kinda the max.

Not really, early QNIXs and Catleaps are well known for overclocking fine, if it was just dropping frames then muh games wouldn't be as smooth as they are, and testing with blurbusters shows my two monitors aren't dropping shit.

Later QNIXs with the HDMI encoder do actually drop frames though, but luckily there's still plenty of the old models in stock.

>most monitors pass the test

[citation need]

>down syndrome

?

It always amazes me how the human body adapts, because we stare at screens so much now we can see over 40 frames, hence movies being released at 48fps. What next I wonder?

DUDE FUCK YOUR MONITOR UP FOR 10 EXTRA HZ LMAO

Monitors don't get damaged from running at higher refresh rates.

They do.

Telepathy

Prove it.

My monitor is already at 144hz, I don't need to overclock it.

Because my fucking shitty asus rog pg278q 1440p 144hz flickers when it goes over 120hz with g-sync on. This started 2 days after warranty finished. This isn't even my first
problem, previously about a year ago the power supply failed and they made me pay $50 shipping to ship the whole monitor with it. Shitty company.

Because even at 70Hz there is artifacting.

Worst that happened to me was slight burn-in which disappeared after I stopped OCing, your move chump

>there are people in this board that unironically do not overclock their speakers, usb sticks, keyboard, mice and webcams.

>tfw overclocked an IPS laptop screen from 60hz to stable 90hz
>no frameskipping, no artifacts, it just works, smooth as butter
what magic is this
also shoutout to Bryce@intel for delivering on the driver that made it possible

DID THEY FINALLY RELEASE IT? I had a Lenovo Y50 that was stuck at 48Hz because of that driver bullshit.

he provided a link to beta version of the driver
4th/5th gen on windows 10 or 5th gen on windows 7
downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26504/Intel-Graphics-Test-Driver

Damn, now I wish I kept my Y50.

screens don't care, they either display shit thrown at them or not
their controllers on the other hand...
still its supposedly not dangerous at all, but i still wouldnt do it if you dont need it, simply due to higher load on your hardware. Its also not very noticable unless you OC from, say, 60 to 85-100, and not many monitors are capable of that.

Oh man, I used to have a 19" CRT that could run 1280x1024 at 90Hz. It was sooooo nice on the eyes

Sorry but im not a poorfag and already getting 144hz

I did but I couldn't the notice the difference so I returned to default settings.

60 to 75 is very noticeable in CSGO. Not so much in regular use, though.

I bought into the meme a few years ago back when I was into that PCMR shit and I got a PG278Q. Well, I was going to buy it myself but ended up getting it as a gift. I feel bad with it on my desk knowing that it cost a fuck load of money when I could literally do with any old monitor considering I'm not really that big into current games.

Would it be worth selling, getting a cheap monitor and putting away the cash? Or at this point is it worth so little used that I should just keep it. The resolution is nice for doing work and I do like the screen itself, just feel like I'm not getting the moneys worth.

If you can sell it for more than $500 do it and get a 1440p 60hz ips. I have a pg278q and it's been problematic but when it works it's fantastic. I am a gaymer however.