God damnit why does Apple have to ruin everything...

God damnit why does Apple have to ruin everything? First the single-port can't-charge-anything-and-still-charge-my-laptop USB-C bullshit that everyone aped, and now all the phone manufacturers are copying this "no 3.5 mm port" crap that invalidates every good pair of headphones on the market. I don't want to buy new headphones, I paid good money for my perfectly-fine still-functioning Sennheisers and tech companies can suck my dick if they think I'm going to buy a new pair of phones or use some awkward fucking dongle.

I shit on your grave, Steve Jobs. Fuck you and what you've done to tech, I'm glad you're dead.

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/apple.html
youtube.com/watch?v=dCrWDjBNixQ
nonfree.pizza
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

this all happened after jobs died.

>I shit on your grave, Steve Jobs.
Pointless - an iToddler will just scoop it up and eat it out of his hands.

>First the single-port can't-charge-anything-and-still-charge-my-laptop USB-C

What laptop.

Doesn't matter, he set it in motion.

they're pushing users to stop using 3.5mm headphones and move to bluetooth headphones. of course there are lots of good old headphones out there. there were lots of things being sold in CD format when apple nixed it in the first macbook air. apple wants to make it a pain to keep using the stuff they don't want you to use anymore. they want you to give up and buy bluetooth headphones.

the way you guys keep posting about this reads like you're victims or something. stop acting so fucking helpless. buy an android phone and shut the fuck up about it. jesus.

do you ever have flashes of clarity where you suddenly realize how stupid this position you've staked out is?

stop giving them money fagget

Learn to read, fuckhead, android manufacturers are aping the same "no 3.5 mm jack" shit.

I don't own an iphone or any i-devices retard. The problem is how everyone is going to blindly copy apple as the "trend setter".

>why doesn't my phone have a parallel port?

stallman.org/apple.html ..what r u doing here on Sup Forums?

>Learn to read, fuckhead, android manufacturers are aping the same "no 3.5 mm jack" shit.
some are. some are competing on that point.
youtube.com/watch?v=dCrWDjBNixQ

stop having such kneejerk tantrums, you fucking faggot.

also i can't comprehend why you're upset with apple that other companies are lazy, incompetent shits. i'm angry with lenovo for fucking the thinkpad's stellar reputation. i realize competitive pressure from apple influenced that, but it was still lenovo that trashed themselves.

stop shifting the blame around. you wouldn't take this kind of weaselly shit from people

I don't think removing the jack was a meme, in fact I don't think Apple was courageous enough. You'll never get the full benefits of removing a jack until you remove them all, if a device has one port it might as well have 2. If a device has no ports, you can get UNBELIEVABLE gains in durability, longetivity and water resistance
Apple is pushing wireless headphones, everyone except Apple is pushing wireless charging, sealed fully wireless phone when?

Wireless headphones still sound like shit compared to analogue. Not to mention digital audio can and will be subject to some retarded DRM scheme with time, it's inevitable.

I'll be sure to tell Apple they're wasting their amazing DACs and amazing amp tech on their new iPhones

without a strong push to increase demand for wireless headphones, adoption would have taken the pace that USB 3.0 and other shit did. there needed to be a surge in demand to prompt manufacturers to work harder to improve audio quality.

we're already seeing better bluetooth headphones and even earbuds in the year or so since rumors of no headphone jack started appearing. the same is true of optical drive popularity plummeting in the years after the MBA came out and other manufacturers followed suit. the same is true of flash with iOS. android supported flash at the expense of battery life, but at the risk of losing out on all the iOS users, web developers finally *quickly* moved on to better shit.

idiocy 2016

>You'll never get the full benefits of removing a jack
What benefits? literally none.

Wireless headphones are shit, the compression is shit and all 3.5mm based headphones and earpods are useless.

>this entire post
SLURP SLURP

Do you know how much bandwidth Bluetooth has, Steve Job's cumrag? Now, do you know how much bandwidth high quality audio requires?

One number is larger than the other.

I never said headphone jack why are you talking about headphones

macbook (not the pro, 12 inch)

I'm saying you're retarded for buying a 2016+ flagship smartphone to listen to high quality music
I mean iPhones don't even support flac, they don't even support wav, you can't butch about bandwidth when your phone isn't putting out anything worth listening critically to anyways

The difference is removing the CD drive legitimately allowed a thinner laptop (new iPhones didn't even save nanometer of thickness removing the port), dropping Flash was a no brainer, etc.

Unless Apple can come up with objective reasons to use wireless audio devices that outweighs the significant disadvantages (battery life, audio quality, losing earbuds) there is no reason to switch.

Can't you see the difference between Jobs' era Apple where they made changes that may have broken compatibility but were objectively better, versus new Apple change for the sake of the change gods?

because the 3.5mm jack WAS the headphone jack. My ATH-M50's have a 3.5mm jack

This is a fair point but why would we go back to the 1990s and '00s with seperate music and phone devices?

The problem is Android flagships are following Apple's stupidity despite being able to play literally any music file type.

Also, taking an already mediocre quality MP3 and adding Bluetooth compression is objectively worse than taking a lossless file and compressing it

iphones don't support shit

My Droid Turbo 2.0 supports all those file formats and it works great with my ATH-M50's

Just because Apples "flag ship" Iphone doesn't support a huge amount of widely supported software, codecs and features doesn't magically mean all those features are depreciated you stupid fuck

I said the benefits of removing a hole in the phone, not the benefits of removing third party compatibility

>the durability increases!
The 3.5mm jack wasn't the weak point of the 2016 phone it was the middle of the phone where it was thinnest and easiest to bend

My Droid turbo is water resistant as apple's 2017 iphone and mine has a 3.5mm jack, SD card slot and the works

There's literally no advantage except allowing phones thinner than 3.5mm, which Apple didn't do anyways

Even if you wanted to go crazy and release a 3mm phone, you could include a camera hump (which you would need anyways to be that thin) Nexus 6P style.

>why would we go back to the 90's
Because phones have devolved so much that using them for audio is stupid now
>under 1 day battery life
>pathetic storage capacity
>12ยข DAC used just so it can make noise
>no output strength
Oh but waah I have to carry two paper thin pocket-sized gadgets instead of one

Did you even read my first post

Or ya know some audio companies could partner with an Android company and release a nice one.

But no, keep being a cargo pants autistic neckbeard who carries three battery packs, an external hard drive, an antique Zune and a $0 Chinese "smart"phone

Water resistance isn't a valid reason because you can make a waterproof 3.5mm jack. What part of "literally no advantage" did you miss?

>took the bait

I NEED TO BE MAD AT APPLE ABOUT SOMETHING TODAY.

Is there a single good pair of Bluetooth headphones on the market? I need a new phone, my Galaxy S5 is a fucking dog, but all of my headphones are wired.

>cargo pants
Apple was the one who claimed the perfect phone was like 4.5 inches or some shit then released a 5.5 inch phone

missing the point >DRM

There are plenty of new phones with headphone jacks right now.

Sony promised to keep the 3.5mm port.

Probably because they actually sell audio equipment.

I bet sennheiser and audio technica are freaking the fuck out right now. No more earphones is gonna ruin their sales.

I'm not going to buy a current model when all the new ones will be coming out in a few months

Did you even CES this year?

Audio Technica is releasing at least 6 different BT headphones this year.

Does you phone need the 3.5mm jack to be covered to be waterproof?

jesus fucking christ how can a grown man be this autistic

>I can't offer a reference because the web site requires nonfree Javascript code.

Stallman ultimately stands for good things but he's such a nutcase

>RMS is the one who can't order a pizza

I haven't used a 3.5mm jack on my phone since I broke my headphones by bending the jack.

Congrats on the upgrade

kek

Someone photoshop a fedora on the android.

Can I take the plug out and stick it up my ass?

The weak should fear the strong.

What happened in 2013?

galaxy series peaking

>t. iToddler

anyone got a link to the botnet wants me to starve thing?

nonfree.pizza

I would trade the 3.5 mm port on my phone any time for a second USB C port.

It doesn't matter what YOU want. The majority decides and they will undoubtedly eat up anything Apple "invents".

>implying there aren't dozens of iFags constantly at Job's grave waiting for an opportunity to suck a steaming log straight from OP's anus

If that tiny thing doesn't fall out of your ass right away you're not Apple's target market

Because there is no valid use case. The same can't be said about a headphone jack. I'm sorry you're too stupid to realize this.