Just why

Just why.

Why not?

because i cant be a online personality if my microphone quality isnt top notch

Microphone thread? I've been wanting to replace my trashy Blue Snowflake

do you want to buy an audio interface or not?

>he doesn't own a rode mic

I bought this and regret it

its definitely a meme

gonna sell it

Nah I just wanna plug the damn thing into the USB hub build into my monitor

i got this mic the other day, it's great aside from the fact that it's very sensitive so it picks up background noise pretty easily.

I got a nw-800 and 48v phantom power amplifier, how did I do?

because people want to do youtube and twitch without either sounding like garbage or spending thousands of dollars

>Friend buys Blue Yeti
>Just to use it for the occasional Discord/Skype which is typically does from his phone anyway
>Everyone in another friend's Discord server all use these large desktop microphone setups for the same shit; Skype/Discord
>Meanwhile my $10 clip-on mic sounds just as good for doing the same things

>>Meanwhile my $10 clip-on mic sounds just as good for doing the same things
No it doesn't.

>DUDE GAYMERS LMAO

Considering they're using is for fucking Skype and Discord yes it does

Turned out to be great for acoustic recordings.
Still kinda regret it though.

>kill me

not him but i have an audio interface with mgsv: phantom power.

mic reccs

for some reason skype lowers the quality of my yeti significantly, so i guess it might be true

Why not? I have one, I use it every day for work meetings.

Cause the bitches love it user.

I use my Blue Yeti as a dildo every day.

Why does that dick-shaped robot have a tiny dick?

Modmic or this?

likely a yeti is your best bet.

If you are willing to get an audio interface, you got some solid 14-30$ options that equal a yeti, but the interface itself is 60-100$

There is a stand alone voice recorder that doubles as a usb mic, that's what i'm getting if my yeti dies.

there is a 60$ either sure or sony mic that that has a gain control but single position, that is at least as good as the yeti.

Bm-800/Bm-700
if you do the mod, I believe this is the right microphone, it gates off the static and takes the mic from fantastic for 17-25$ to why isn't this at least 200$

if you don't mod, it's still good, but you will want to gate the noise.

Its a bit hard to find mic reviews with interfaces for el-cheapo mics, there may be one better value, but if i was you, Id look into old mics people want to get rid of. There are tons of mics that cost several hundred dollars that could be used if you have an interface that could be had for sub 100$, don't limit yourself to broadcast style mics, also look into stage ones, you may find a deal on a mic a band used that just want to sell all their shit because their dreams died and its a horrible memory.

no, it doesn't. I have done the test before with 2 skype and discord clients in my room on different computers, the difference is VERY noticeable.

When I bitch someone out for haveing a shit mic that hisses like a motherfucker and clips when they whisper, I want ground to stand on.

yes and no, the quality is lower, but it still well above a clip on lapel mic, clearer, and if set up right, kills all background noise.

Autism

>Modmic
for how much a modmic costs, get a yeti instead.
I will get an arm at some point for the mic, but even when it's away from me, it still sounds good, while people have the habit of breathing into headphone mics.

modmic sucks
it's hard to attach and falls off quickly

The Yeti is some good stuff. Yall just poor

>Posts a pic of a professional poker player.

Poker is a game, yes. :^)

AT2020+

People are happy with my audio quality. Don't have to boost the gain, whereas shitty headset mics usually just have a shitty midrange signature and not quite enough width to get a clear sound.

i have this mic what's a good mic stand that doesn't take up half the fucking desk when using it?

pls help

I got mine for 50 and I like it.

>blue
>top notch

W-what's wrong with it? I got it on sale for $50 a couple years ago and it sounds fine

this.
In a shitty room you are better off with a cheap dynamic.
Just use an sm57 or sm58
and use a fucking compressor you morons

get an arm stand nigga

Modmic used to be basement-tier cheap, but then the infographic was spread around too much.

>talking

Don't tell me you actually do this

Yawn.

cheaper options that are as good as it
autism over its a usb mic
people bitching at you because they dont have as good a mic and try to justify it by saying 'my 3$ mic is just as good'

realistically, if you have an audio interface already, the yeti is overpriced crap.

If you don't, there are a few usb mics that have gain controls on mic, that handle one position good.

Yeti is overkill for normal use, and not good enough for semi pro/pro use.

I personally love mine, I would be very hard pressed to get better or even get a replacement.

As I said above, there is a voice recorder that doubles as a usb mic I would get if my yeti broke, but baring that, I would try to get a cheap usb audio interface used, and mod a bm-800/700 to gate noise.

How's the ATR-2100?

What mic should I get for recording?