This is still the best android tablet

This is still the best android tablet.

Mine's flaky and doesn't get updates anymore. Will upgrade once something worthy comes on the market.

>nexus

but that's a phone lol, don't be silly

>android
>tablet
not even once

Mine started having horrible touchscreen issues right after the warranty expired. I googled the problem and a lot of people seem to have it too.

Fuck you Asus.

Nein.

That's really damn shady.

>tablet
For hwat purpose?

an ugly one at that.

The only use I have for my tablet is cumming on girls pictures and sending it to them

>7"
>phone
fuck off shaq

I have that too.

>7 american centimeters
No, fuck off. I like to read mango on at least 9 american centimeters.

Best Android Tablet

That like being the winner of an Ugly Person competition.

Inb4 t.mactodler autist

This is actually its spiritual successor

>got the 2012 edition
>never upgraded to 2013 because held out for 2014
>2015
>2016 refresh

>mfw suffering

Laggy as hell, subpar display. Decent battery though. It's alright but not amazing

>7
Thing is outdated and slow as fuck

Being the best android tablet is like winning the retard olympics because the rest of the competition died in a plane crash.

Like he said, it's spiritual successor

What's the best tablet at the moment? Budget of 400$.

my batery life is absolute shit on mine. Watch a 30 min show and lose 20% bat

Bump

Sup Forums is the wrong place to ask about tablets as it's frequented by Asperger's Syndrome sufferers who enjoy tinkering obsessively with computers.

Tablets don't really provide an opportunity for tinkering, as they provide slick, secure and reliable access to useful software applications (or "apps") without any complications, so naturally Sup Forums can't see the point of them.

Furthermore, Sup Forums posters tend to have oversized phones, which makes possession of a tablet even more pointless in their eyes. The concept of a book-sized device that you can use on train, bus or airplane without having to squint at has no merit to them since they very rarely travel anywhere.

If pushed, Sup Forums users may grudgingly recommend Windows tablets, as they have a "real" operating system. The fact that Windows is designed for computers with keyboards and mice, and is a terrible touch OS with barely any touch-optimised software, means that these "tablets" are really laptops without keyboards, running software designed for desktops.

Finally, you will hear mention of the Nexus 7 2013. A three year old device with poor build quality and no SD card slot. This is because a few Sup Forums residents dabbled with the device when it was new and exciting, and have refused to move on with the times.

It's slow as fuck now due to Google intentionally pushing unoptimized updates.

give a huge thank you to fucking Nintendo, the Shield refresh that would be worth anything was turned into one of the shittiest consoles in the past 15 years, subpar display, completely lockdown and for what we know awful battery life too.

>completely lockdown
you know nothing about consoles, you fucking aspie cunt.

good luck running anything other than a gimped browser, some rehash of mario 3/mario world, pirating over the same games you've already pirated on the wii and the 3DS.
Stupid clueless asshat. You probably are buying that shit day one and paying for the online service to get cucked too.

it's a console you dickhead. why on earth did you expect it to be open source?

fucking hell, you are a dipshit aids victim

I got one of those for my dad and he used it daily until it the screen died recently. What should I get him now? Thinking about the Fire 8.

>lacking reading comprehension and being an idiot
you cunt, that abortion of a console is what we get instead of a new shield tablet. That's why I'm complaining about. Of course it's a console and you can't do shit with it. THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF THE RANT YOU STUPID FUCK HEAD

I have the opposite problem. Battery is subpar. The resolution is fine for its size.

dude fuck you. consoles are made for GAMES. not browsing the internet. fucking asshole.....

no it isn't, and the onus is on you to prove that nvidia had a shield tablet v.3 coming.

unfortunately you can't, since the shield tv refresh came first, with rumours of a new shield portable.

so kys

for $89 the Fire HD is great. You can install the Google Play store directly (no pc required) and get all your android apps. To remove the ads all you have to do is root the thing and remove the .apk

They are nice, WHEN THERE NOT DISASSEMBLE ON YOUR TABLE. Fuckin 4th screen replacement. These bitches need guerrilla glass.

thank you I'll look into it more

you seriously need to check on a doctor or something, you can't be this stupid.

it was, search back, nvidia was rumoured to be working on the new chip, then it was obvious they were working on a tablet and since everyone is selling the stock left of the shield it was a fair assumption that they were about to release a new model. All the chatter went dead for a while and the Nintendo rumour mill started and it got out it was powered by nvidia. Now we know it's a fucking tablet.

so what you're saying is nvidia was working on the switch, and people wrongly assumed it was a new shield tablet and now you're anally devastated about it not being what you want

grow up you fucking child

how easy is it to take the back off if i'd need to replace the battery? mine's still working fine with 0 issues since 2013

2-4min job in all.
Tho I drop out of my Pure Math/ CS degree my senior year. School stopped being worth the time and effort of telling the next person "no, I'm not becoming a teacher. I study math for the critical thinking and logic skills."

>tips fedora

I know.
>god do I know

Went full NEET Right after finals with a new rig and mechkeyboard.

>backlighting

What part of
>full NEET
did you simply not get?

They need to repurpose these things into headunits.

Bought mine in early 2014. Absolutely loved it. Six months in my display goes unresponsive at times. Went from bad to worse over the next four months. Raised a complaint with Google and turned mine in after a couple of customer calls. Got a brand new replacement within a month. 2017 and I'm still rocking and loving mine. Battery life has noticeably deteriorated though and hangs once in a while. But guess one can totally live with it since it charges quick and a restart fixes all. Performance and display are as great as ever. Definitely among the top tier.

>tfw typing from my Nexus gen 2

Successor WHEN

no, it was a shield and it ended up as the switch. Good for nvidia that got the contract and is fucking nintendo in the ass, bad for us that we are not getting a proper tablet just because some fuckwads want to play mario

had that problem for about 2 weeks too until i accidentally dropped it on the upper left corner
chipped a bit but it works like new
mfw i'm the fucking fonzie of touchscreens