Switch Sup Forumseneral

youtube.com/watch?v=uuC4YLLkqME

Who's ready for Vidya to be great again?

Predictions:

6.2'' 720p IPS touch-screen
Tegra X1 chip
USB-C connector
32gb internal storage, micro-sd slot for expansion
$250

Other urls found in this thread:

miiverse.nintendo.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=dxPi6rOALdU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Day 1 buy. Currently watching Etika's stream.

720p Screen for sure. I doubt it is going to be a touch screen. 350 USD is my prediction.

I honestly don't like Nintendo anymore. I don't have any expectations for this console. I am betting right now that it will be a flop post its release.

Who fucking cares.

meant Micro-USB. Shit is supposed to be portable and everyone has a micro-usb charger, except macfags.

i love to play video games ;~) posting from steam browser rn

too bad we dont have a board to talk about games on though--sometimes, i think wer'e not really welcome on Sup Forums

I look forward to seeing you Switch your opinion tomorrow

You're a retard. USB-A to USB-C cables exist, and it would be dumb of them to use micro-B

This will usher in a new generation of shitposting on Sup Forums.

How many hours do you think it will have? 3.5 like the 3DS?

thanks for giving me a reason to bump the thread guys and laugh at your impotence

you let this place become Sup Forums's water cooler long ago and now you can revel in it with the rest of us, go back to your shitty graphics card blogs

Yeah, in 1080 mode and 8 hours in 720p mode

Love the browser on the WiiU too

>only 2 search engine options
absolutely proprietary

I believe that the Switch can only achieve 1080p when its docked, eight hours is immense and really overkill

No such thing as overkill with battery life, plus the framerate is already lowered by the hardware when undocked.

The display is 1080p and it can output to a TV at 4K 60fps for video

top fucking kek, I'm a Nintendo fan but even I am not this delusional. The Switch is running on cell phone tech

>implying phones aren't capable of this

Show me one phone that has the same hardware.

I'll wait.

It's literally a better WiiU, just with better hardware.

Predictions: Pascal or Maxwell

It could be, the Nvidia shield tablet gets about ten hours when not under heavy load. If the Switch is anything like this tablet

What kool aid have you been drinking?

If they don't introduce something similar to Xbox live or PSN making connecting with other players easier then this thing is going to fail

>paying for online

yeah, if they try pulling this shit i'm basically done with nintendo

Of course, dropping the grubby troll toll. Nintendo needs a social network in their system. They don't even have voice chat. How am I supposed to play Splatoon without being able to talk to my teammates

I heard on a japanese site that the switch has a 1 hour battery life, but I couldn't give enough shits to research and confirm
Still I hope it isn't a fucking flop though it sounds a bit too good to be true

they'll never do that just because it would get rid of their "family friendly" appeal
they leave features out on purpose so they don't have to deal with angry parents

They're most likely going to do it.

The wii had voice chat for a single game, animal crossing.

So it's not that they don't want to do it, they're just stupidly incompetent and it took them 2 console generations to get to a *passable* level of online connectivity.

Having to exchange friend codes with complete strangers is not fun.

PC master race

>Having to exchange friend codes with complete strangers is not fun.

Sounds like you must be mentally retarded.

How am I supposed to play animal crossing online then?

Holy shit, I'm going to hurt you

calm down manchild

it's just video games

>Nintendo needs a social network in their system.

They already have one miiverse.nintendo.net/

>damage control
No where near the level of other networks, which is understandable as it was implemented pretty late into the 3DS life. The Nintendo Network needs to be a part of their games and make finding friends and adding them easier

Sure you are, retard. Are you going to ride the short bus to my house and drool me to death?

Until you drown

Nah, Microsoft and Sony have paid online while Nintendo is free. That's the only difference.

I wish miiverse was more popular.

>touch-screen
Nope.

you fucking pile of failing garbage

20 minutes.

For everyone's sake you had better fucking hope it is not using a Tegra X1.

Nvidia improved it didn't they?

HYPE

10 MINUTES

WHAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!

No. They have newer generations of chips, which are separate distinct parts. The Tegra X1 is a garbage tier 20nm part from late 2014/early 2015 that put the absolute final nail in Nvidia's coffin for the mobile market. The Tegra K1 and X1 totally alienated them from the smartphone market because these chips had horrendous power consumption. Nvidia had sponsored reviews with outlets like Anandtech where they brought writers into their HQ, showed them a test platform, showed them figures, and wanted writers to call that a review. They didn't let anyone actually independently test the hardware or get a hands on with it, and months after the fact we found out why. Their alleged 2w power draw SoC was pulling well over 10w, and could spike even higher.

Intel did the exact same thing with the launch of their Core M parts, and funny enough it was the exact same case. 5w "SDP" chips were pulling 17w or more under load. When a manufacturer sponsors a review, then doesn't let you independently test the hardware, you're not getting a review, you're getting blackmail. You're being told: Publish the numbers *we* show you or we cut you out of the loop, and we'll hurt your bottom line.

The Tegra X1's IGP is 256 Maxwell shaders clocked at 1000mhz, making 500GFLOPS. Not very impressive to say the least, its like 1/4 the performance of a GTX 750ti.
The Switch is alleged to run the GPU clocked at 300mhz~ which is abysmally low. It would be a historic industry disaster if the Switch actually used the X1.

5 MINUTES

BRUH

you don't know how much I want those crappy graphic cards, smartphones, pc building threads gone
this board should be more like /diy/ and electricity and applied science, but nope just kids with their gaming pcs and phones

30 SECONDS

You forget, allot of these losers DON'T HAVE FRIENDS so it's a sore subject.

That fucking snap,
youtube.com/watch?v=dxPi6rOALdU

March Third
300.00 dollars

MARCH 3 2017

$299

DAY ONE BUY

$300 FOR THE IMPROVED WIIU

>$299

BLUNDER OF THE CENTURY

>300 dollarydoos
>paid online

D O A
O
A

>paid online
AYYY LMAO

NO REGION LOCK

>PAID ONLINE SERVICE
PAID ONLINE SERVICE
>PAID ONLINE SERVICE
PAID ONLINE SERVICE
>PAID ONLINE SERVICE
PAID ONLINE SERVICE
>PAID ONLINE SERVICE
PAID ONLINE SERVICE
>PAID ONLINE SERVICE
PAID ONLINE SERVICE
>PAID ONLINE SERVICE
PAID ONLINE SERVICE

>$300

HAHA NO

>gotta pay for online

LOL NO AGAIN

fuck that shit they just made me decide to never buy one

You have the PSN muh online chat fuckers to thank for this

>paid online
Yeah... thats not good..

Project harder, shit stain.

>paid online
what did he mean by this?

Nintendo is fucking over.

NOBODY is going to play their $300 console in PUBLIC.
Even the PSP never cost this much.

Sup Forums is moving too fast

Fuck nvidiotendo dropped the ball hard

>$300 for a tablet that cant even compete with a launch xbox one
>Paid online
>No games
>3rd party support somehow even worse than the wii and wii u due to the weird design and hybrid nature of the console effectively forcing devs to make two versions of every single wii u game, portable and docked.
Yeah nah this is console is dead on arrival

Up 6 and 1/2 hour battery life
Pretty good

2 and a half hour battery life.
Into the trash

>battery life will range from 2.5 hours to 6 hours

In real world with high screen brightness this means sub 2 hour battery life. Jesus fuck.

told yall

NINTENDO IS FINISHED

D E A D
O N
A R R I V A L

My shitty thinkpad battery gets better battery life than this shit and it's a 35W c2d.

How could they fuck this bad?

REGION FREE REGION FREE REGION FREE REGION FREE REGION FREE REGION FREE REGION FREE REGION FREE REGION FREE REGION FREE REGION FREE REGION FREE REGION FREE REGION FREE REGION FREE REGION FREE REGION FREE REGION FREE REGION FREE REGION FREE REGION FREE REGION FREE REGION FREE

Ill probably still buy it to play zelda

I'm pretty sure the 2.5 is the situation you just described, that being the low end of the range. are you retarded or something

they really fucked up here

all they had to do is make it cheap and have games

instead they are now gonna compete with android phones and cheap consoles like the boner both of which have 1000x+ free games and decent games worth buying

they are fucked nobody is going to buy this.

Kids dont even get consoles anymore they just use their phone

You can use an external battery for longer battery life like people did for Pokemon Go

Hey, everybody should have a Xiaomi power bank by now.

Where's the SD card?

How new are you?
Get your shit together kid. Battery life estimates are not based on a harsh max drain scenario. If a company says 2.5 hours, they mean under their ideal test conditions it will hit that figure, and that always means that real world performance can end up worse.

It has Micro SD

>and decent games worth buying

Your own point is why you're wrong and this will sell better. As long as Nintendo gets decent 3rd party support this will sell fine.

The thing is already pretty large for something "portable". Lugging around a battery bank as well seems like a bad time. Realistically, nobody is going to be playing their Switch on the bus like a 3DS. It's too big and too expensive to drag around like that.

The worst part about the joycons is
>NO DPAD

No fighting games, ever.

>paid online in fall 2017
They really REALLY fucked up

the one drawcard nintendo had was free online

even with no region locking they dun goofed because nobody is gonna buy it for $300usd+
What it has ONE zelda game that was meant to come out 5 fucking years ago

one thread is fine, just like how occasionally pc build threads show up on Sup Forums

JOY-CON BTFO EVERY OTHER CONTROLLER IN HISTORY

That's all it needs really. Halo is what sold the Xbox. They have more on their roadmap too.

There's a Hori fight stick coming, so at least something will be there at launch (probably Street Fighter V... please clap).

>what is pro controller

>it's the wii's gimmicky shit all over again

Nintendo is literally over.

zelda looks good but it can only sell the system for so long

Sure the xboner doesnt really have system sellers beyond the multiplats, same with the ps4, normies dont care about performance or anything like that they just want fucking GAMES

if the switch had a killer lineup of games like the original nintendo consoles did in the nes-gc days they wouldnt be struggling to sell it.

Why cant nippon pull their fingers out of their ass and make fucking video games for the goddamn consoles?

Even the PS4 is suffering from this its pathetic

Still no GT Sport like 4+ years after GT6 and then the whole Last Guardian abortion

You don't even need to look at the screen. Nintendo confirmed with doing away with all graphics.
Nintendo literally has no graphics.

They're finished.