Anyone else prefer "shitty" membrane keyboards over mechanical keyboards?

Anyone else prefer "shitty" membrane keyboards over mechanical keyboards?

I do. I game wirelessly on my recliner with a Logitech keyboard and laser mouse. Love the height too it's like the action on a guitar I like it slim to none.

Here's my preferences, ranked from best to worst

>Mechanical Keyboard with linear switches
>full height membrane rubber dome
>chiclet keyboards
>low profile membrane rubber dome
>
>
>
>
>Mechanical Keyboard with tactile switches

SCISSOR SWITCH

Yes. I type around 10 wpm faster on them too.

Yes, I love low profile rubberboards, still have a ms sidewinder, wanted to try that Razer deathstalker which has chiclet keys and it's relatively cheap

It's not that I prefer them but I'm poor and I can buy 10 membrane keyboards for the price of 1 mechanical, so...

There is a big difference between usable membrane and shitty membrane. I beg to differ if you want to tell me you like the shitty ones. By all means be edgy, but there are some atrocious cheap membrane boards out there in the $10-30 range that are downright painful and infuriating to use.

Most membranes from major manufacturers of desktop boards and better laptops feel fine to me. And I don't mind working on them. That said, if you work on a nice mech for a week, you might find it a little depressing to switch back to a membrane board.

I do. I use 1000mhz membrane with automatic macro repeats ofcourse 1000 is meme[maybe good for mouse] you can set it to 500 or 250 any time tho.

-water resistant , dirt resistant
good switch feel , completely silent[you hear only your finger touching the cap]

and ofcourse backlight red/blue/pink, i dislike rainbow color so i dod not pay additional 2$

-cost 20$ [5$ is enought for good membrane tho]

This is gayming keyboard with 16 macro keys n shit

Yes. Poorfags and topre users.

I have never had a mechanical keyboard and i probably never will because of my IBM RT3200.

1kHz reporting for binary on/off keyboards is....

1. Unnecessary - you don't type anywhere near fast enough for that to be of any benefit

2. Wasteful - you're wasting bandwidth on your USB bus.

3, Misleading - the USB device asks the host for 1000Hz polling, but this doesn't mean the host OS can offer that all the time, if at all.

4. Because of 1-4, it's essentially only a marketing gimmick.

And...stop using the word 'meme' so flippantly. I have to see this shit all damn day on the web, and it's gotten worse and worse in the last year.

I got it, your mom is meme,

meme: def - an element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation.

I honestly don't get the keyboard autism. I type fuckloads almost every day but unless you're using pure shit (which is mostly limited to cheap laptop keyboards and the shit for tablets), it's just about getting used to it.

I am cool with a literal typewriter, Cherry mechanical keyboard meme (the shit is older than most posters I bet), 5 - 40 bucks membrane ones, most chiclet keyboards and even the new Macbook one.

While there is obviously a preference, you faggots act like everything but THAT ONE is barely usable.

You maybe forgot that words change meaning with use,gay is not just happy anymore. U young turd.

And I think It was pointed out already that 1000is just meme.Why u try so hard user.

Omg i was typing on my mambrane black widow and switched to topre and can not type topre anymore because membrane is superior and topre barely usable.

Yep, gay (like you) also means slobbering moron now.

And the other user was right, "meme" is abused to shit on Sup Forums, so much to the point that it has become rhetorical and without any meaning on its own.

Your usage is a perfect demonstration of how nonsensical its use has become...now THAT is a cultural trend you could actually call a "meme." But this is primarily because the original definition of meme is often not known nor understood by most of the t4rds using it, they just repeat shit other people say all day and never have a though on their own...I digress &8====D suck it.

Membrane keyboards all the way because I dont want to wake up half of fucking house when Im gayming with mechanical in the middle of the night.

Nice meme. Your mom so fat that she is called resource code for java.

hahahahaha lol XD xD

I still prefer "shitty" rubber domes after trying kailh red switches, so I haven't tried other mechanicals. Worth noting that I can't touch type, I always slam the keys.

I mute ppl with mech keyboards on discord/team speak.

They are so proud of le very loud switches that they never use push to talk and typing activate theyr mic all the fking time and is louder than them.

No, I'm not poor.

>because I have money, I use keyboards that might be less good for me, essentially spending money to feel shitty

The best thing about mechanical keyboards is once you've got one, you sort of forget about it because it doesn't get in your way.

When you get a poor fag membrane keyboard you always need to buy a replacement, usually for the same price as a quality mech keyboard.

I do. I prefer having little to no key travel times. If only existed a decent tactile with haptic feedback keyboard i would buy It 10/10

>usually for the same price as a quality mech keyboard.

lol

>might be less good for
Actually I'm really happy with my mechanical keyboard. I've been using it for 10 years, never had to buy a replacement, it just keeps working.

Unlike you, I'm rich so I don't have to feel bad about spending $200 on a keyboard.

I was talking about your moronic post, save the back peddaling

Anyone remembers foil keyboards?

Had foil Cherry back in the day. Felt pretty much the same as mechanical keyboard.

I always buy 5$ keyboard and mouse combos, they are easier to type on than chiclet (activate with less pressure) and usually resist more ironically

They are common to use in high precision industry enviroment and enviroment where you can not afford to have any dust particles

Ive been using this $20 Microsoft 800 mouse and keyboard combo for 4 years now and got attached to it, I do a ton of coding and this combo just give me the generic feeling that's good enough, but not too stand out, hence I can worry less about the keyboard and more about the codes I am making.

Having said that, when people ask I always say I would prefer mechanical keyboard and will buy one if I can afford it, although I never will.

-can not afford 30$ mech keyboard
-is programmer

let me guess:you flip burgers and pretend to be freelancer programmer

I broke my old keyboard by spilling too much shit over it and ordered this cheap ass keyboard today.

How'd I do?

It costs $10 and I buy new one every half a year.

is there any cheap membrane keyboard with a small form factor like 87 or tenkeyless or 60%
having the numpad on the right of the keyboard is so annoying

I have a separate numpad that i can setup anywhere i want so i would prefer a keyboard without one but all that come in nice form factors are expensive mechanicals

Esperanza EK121 5$
Genius NumPad i110 4$

A4Tech X7 G100
Genius LuxeMate i200
EK-3000 DN

you can buy 1 "shity membrane keyboard" every year for ten years and still be better off.

a "shity membrane keyboard" lasts more than one year. i still have two or three from 10 or 15 years ago that just work fine

Buckling springs > Apple's scissor switches > Cherry switches > rubber domes

hell no
since i made the switch last year i can't stand typing on the keyboard at uni.
best i can do is my 2011 macbook chiclet keyboard and that's still not very good.

*scissor-switch macbook keyboard

Yes, I unironically prefer them. Mechanicals feel too hard/plasticky, at least the MX switches.

I got that Dell membrane keyboard, thing is great hasn't failed once. I also have mechanical that I adore

I like whatever the bog standard MS 600 uses. Never used mechanical. Soft-touch laptop keyboards should be burnt at the stake.

the best keyboard i've ever had

then you had just one keyboard

>not using topre
Best of both worlds.