Android migration thread

ITT Android Migration Thread

A place where former android users share tips and tricks on how to best use iOS without giving up on all the features we got used to on Android.

>best image viewer
>best music app
>best ftp client
>cool apps you found on iphone

Not allowed
>freefags
>andropoors
>freetards
>poor people

>t. iToddler

Image viewing native
Music playing native

>best image viewer
Stock
>best music app
Stock, it actually isn't shit and responds to my headset controls (every Android phone I've had would sometimes defer skipping a track for like 5~30 seconds, might be rare but when it does happen it's fucking annoying as hell)
>best ftp client
Why?

3D touch the keyboard to move the cursor
I used to have arrow keys enabled on SwiftKey for Android but this is much better. Fuck Android

Sent from my Android

I got an iPhone from work the other day and the lack of a dedicated back button is the worst thing I've ever experienced

>unfamilar platform
>thing doesn't do x the way I am used to doing it
>"literally the worst thing ever"
I remember people saying the same thing about onscreen keyboards

I've had an iphone 5, and a 3Gs
A samsung galaxy fit, xperia j, and now i still have my opo.
Back button is something i would really like on an iphone

>galaxy fit
>xperia j
>one plus none
All shit phones why am I not surprised

>A place where former android users share tips and tricks on how to best use iOS without giving up on all the features we got used to on Android.
Buy an Android phone.

>3D touch the keyboard to move the cursor
How do iPhone6 and below users move the cursor?

>I used to have arrow keys enabled on SwiftKey for Android but this is much better. Fuck Android
On Android you just touch the screen and drag the fucking cursor. Arrow keys allow you to quickly step back/forward a couple of spaces without having to move your fingers away from the keyboard.

How the FUCK can people get the process of text entry on a touch screen wrong?

shut the fuck up you fucking sperg

>Steal some fags iPad.
>iOS is locked can't even browse the web.
>Connect it to neighbor's wifi, leave it on a shelf turned on with a piece of paper that says KEK, hear a camera shutter noise. Power it off.
>Go back to Android tablet and chuckle.
>Two gay guys walking up and down the street with their phone out walking into people's driveways with car idling on the street.
>They actually drove hours to walk down a street staring at their phones.
>I wait for them to double back a few times and then flip my porch light on, open my door and shout HEY WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING as the kid is a few steps into my driveway.
>He literally pisses himself and stammers I'm looking for a friend's house.

>ITT iToddlers with severe cognitive disonnance try to work through their issues with mutual support from other homosexuals.

Back button is awesome though, something I really miss when using iOS.

>Never stepped out of my walled garden
>Don't have the imagination to understand features on other platform that I'm unfamiliar with.
>Sperg out about them not being needed.

You don't.

Fellow homosexuals, what do you use for epubs? Not sure if I should get used to Apple books or if there is something better.

How do iPhone users justify this?
It's a touch screen. You can touch anywhere. Why would you require force touch to move the cursor?

Best way

Just purchase a lot of water based lube and it'll be fine.

>>best image viewer
All of them blow.

>>best music app
All of them blow

>>best ftp client
all of them blow

t. somewho who:
first ownwed an iPhone 4, got shit reception when held in hand
then owned an S3, got laggy performance and an overheating phone
then owned an iPhone 6 plus, got touch disease
finally got a exynos S7

All phones paid in full no credit, leases like how most people get iphones with. And I have to say that iphones fucking blow. Not only is their battery life dogshit but the amount of useful features they lack don't fit in a single page. Samshit isn't perfect either but at least their phones aren't laggy anymore and don't overheat.

Did I forget to mention that each new ios update made my iPhone 4 and 6 plus mysteriously start lagging and freezing?

swipe to return >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> back button

plebs

If there is something id really like on android is swipe to return.

>mysteriously start lagging and freezing
I love how pajeet shills keep saying that yet my 2012 iPhone 5 is running smoothly on iOS 10

I must have super powers

No you must have a check written from apple every time you make posts. BOTH my iphone 4 and iPhone 6 plus started to myseteriously lag after updating them. Sometimes on youtube loading videos would take twice as long or loading web pages would load halfway (vertically) and take a few more seconds to load the rest. I know apple did something with those ios "updates" and I highly recommend people with older iphones to never update.

Swiping is more effort and takes longer. No thank you.

Just gimmicky shit to force iPhone owners to upgrade. I'm sure the older phones could be made compatible but that would defeat the entire point of force touch, which is to provide incentive to update.

I really like the looks of the new jet black iPhone, but How do I deal with the lack of a headphone port?

To be honest, I never really used a bunch of the so-called "features" that android has, so I've never really noticed any lack of features on iOS. It just does what I need it to do.

They don't know what they're talking about, user. If you hold down on the text, you can move the cursor, highlight text, etc.

>drinking the Sup Forums koolaid either way

Do your own research and inform yourself.

Why are you tripfagging when you don't know some of the simplest shit? Fucking embarrassing.

probably the same way you are going to have to deal with it on every other company's flagship phone as well: dongle

but that's the only flagship I would upgrade to
Otherwise I'd just stick with my old galaxy

My nigga
Moto + clover is so comfy

Oo-ee! Man, you can smell bait a mile away!

Why not the oneplus 3T?

It's faster than the iPhone 7 plus and has better specs, bang for the buck, ect.

I recently jumped shipped to an SE since the Nexus line is dead.

So far, the default Apple apps have been fine for most things for my purposes. I use Google Play Music to stream my library, same as on Android.

Swiping left to go back is pretty good, although I had no idea it existed for weeks until I saw it mentioned online.

There's not a suitable substitute for Clover (mobile site still sucks dick), but I was never much for browsing Sup Forums in public anyway.

Biggest hassle was having to buy a new OBD scanner and paying for another app since mine didn't work with iOS. iMessage is pretty good too but most people I talk to regularly use Telegram so that's whatever.

If I go back to Android (and I probably will, since the SE seems to be an anomaly with Apple's usual pricing policy) I'll probably go with a Oneplus. I REALLY like the vibration toggle on the iPhone and can't imagine doing without it on a phone anymore.

kys you fucking autist.

>best image viewer
Instagram
>best music app
Spotify
>best ftp client
I don't know what that is, it's not in the App Store.
>cool apps you found on iphone
Facebook and Whatsapp are pretty cool

Android to iPhone Sup Forums guide

>safari is fine for Sup Forums
>6S or greater has no problem with 1000 post rolling stickies (non-rolling large threads are pain)
>VLC app for webm's
>uploading webms is a pain (I suggest onedrive, which is like the only way to do it
>iPhone giffs don't work properly in photos, though they do work with messenges

>t. iToddler

neck yourself

You know what the worst part is? That's a real story. And maybe it's just here in california but the amount of literal faggots that own apple produts is like 9 out of 10 now.

>Nexus 6 dies
>Get iPhone 6S Plus because I have an iMac 5k and wanted the integration
>realized the error of my ways

>>best music app
Winamp

I have a 6S and a OnePlus 3 and Safari is not even comparable to clover for Sup Forums. Safari can't play WebM and thanks to Hiro there are fucking huge empty spaces because ads sit there and there's a dumb pop up on the button half of the screen. Also, you have to tap on a thread twice in catalog view to actually open it for some fucking reason.