/spg/ - Smartphone General - How is this phone this cheap? edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of fucking March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
HTC Announces the 5.7″ HTC U Ultra and 5.2″ HTC U Play with Sense Companion AI
xda-developers.com/htc-announces-the-5-7-htc-u-ultra-and-5-2-htc-u-play-with-sense-companion-ai/

OnePlus Assures Fix for OnePlus 3/3T Bootloader Vulnerability in Next OTA
xda-developers.com/oneplus-assures-fix-for-oneplus-33t-bootloader-vulnerability-in-next-ota/

Huawei launch event confirmed for February 26, P10 and P10 Plus flagships incoming
phonearena.com/news/Huawei-launch-event-confirmed-for-February-26-P10-and-P10-Plus-flagships-incoming_id89883

ZUK Z2 and Z2 Pro Owners To Get Android 7.0 Next Week
gizchina.com/2017/01/11/zuk-z2-z2-pro-owners-get-android-7-0-next-week/

Lenovo P2 review (5100mah + snapdragon 625 + amoled = 10+ hours SOT!)
techpp.com/2017/01/11/lenovo-p2-review/

[Deal Alert]Moto z play unlocked price reduction to $399.99
motorola.com/us/products/moto-z-play

Other urls found in this thread:

bestbuy.com/site/motorola-refurbished-moto-x-pure-4g-with-16gb-memory-cell-phone-unlocked-black/4729400.p?skuId=4729400
reddit.com/r/chinaphones/comments/4txaf6/zuk_z2_pro_camera_issues_affecting_quite_a_few/
code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=38282
code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=195362
gsmarena.com/video_shows_the_sony_xperia_x_seems_to_cope_well_with_water_despite_the_lack_of_a_certification-blog-18813.php
dsmt.com/resources/ip-rating-chart/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

is a zuk z2 a good phone if I want something that's 5 inches or less and want decent specs and a camera?
pixel too much.

seems so and the community support is getting better and better.

Is the Oneplus 3T a good hoice to replace my Galaxy S5? Not sure if I should splash out on the 3T or wait until mid 2017 and see if they come out with a Oneplus 4?

Will this fucking edged screen meme stop? Apparently even the vanilla S8 will have this edged screen abomination.

It doesn't look good and it certainly doesn't improve usage.

it's a malware riddled chink phone. of course it's gonna be cheap, otherwise none would bother to buy it. chink phones never last long and zuk z2 is no exception to that. just read all the negative reviews it's getting

>tfw waiting for my 3T to arrive

I just got my Axon 7 in the mail today. Replacing my LG G4 and switching service from overprice Verizon to something about $50 cheaper.

Link to negative reviews?

I like negative reviews of the Zuk Z2

Did you brick your Xiaomi while trying to flash a rom or something?

Hey guys, been using a Galaxy S5 on Verizon for awhile and I'm looking to replace it overall with a different android phone. I don't want it to be tiny nor huge but a decent size with a larger screen would be good, plus something with a good amount of storage or an SD slot would be sweet, any recommendations?

good phone but oneplus 3t still in the lead. the dual speakers is great but requires more use of battery. save yourself battery life is my motto.

>Wind
>Italy
>Budget less than 250 €
I want a phone that make good photos, with good support for multitasking (maps+ browser for shitposting+ +geotracking)
I found a Asus Zenfone Zoom Quad Core 4/64Gb for 250 € ship included in 24h
Is a good deal?

Lol I just flashed a custom ROM and its the best phone I've ever used

I have an upgrade in march, looking to upgrade from the s7 edge. Sick of the battery life, design, samsung in general.

Any good news about upcoming phones? Looking for something more angular in shape than a galaxy (doesnt have to be full rectangle like a sony), preferably a solid metal body, good screen and camera, basically a top end phone.

Been hearing that the lg g6 might be any good, what do you guys think?

So, I wanted spen features on my at&t note 2 without using the stock ROM, so I installed DN4 on it, and it works well asides from a major issue.
Every time I put the device to sleep, after a minute or 2, it reboots. When I let it boot back up and not do anything letting it go back to sleep, it does it again. Anyone know of how to fix this?n

Use a different kernel. The included one is obviously garbage.

There aren't any.

I bought for 240$ the Huawei X2 Mediapad 7".
How did I do?

is no good phone going to come out until the galaxy s8?

Hey faggots, waiting for my OP3 to arrive. I didn't have that much money for the 3T and where I live the difference of price between those two is actually a thing.

So, how much better is the 3T over the 3?

recommendations for a phone for $100-200,-

what reason should I state in my application for unlocking bootloader on my xiaomi R3NP?

Wow never realized how ugly the z2 is

who else here /never ending waitgame/?

I can't postpone it much longer.

Either the x compact or the mi6 this year.

Mi6 specs look great but I won't be getting another phone with curved glass, I need full coverage tempered glass protectors or no sale.

If it has the dual curved glass meme I won't get one I guess. But I'll wait, again, for 2 more Months I guess.

Did you get a screen protector in your box? Every unboxing video has one but there wasnt one in mine :/

FUCK, the sale for $200 moto x pure ended

how often does best buy do this shit?
bestbuy.com/site/motorola-refurbished-moto-x-pure-4g-with-16gb-memory-cell-phone-unlocked-black/4729400.p?skuId=4729400

Don't go through the official method.

Any decent way of rooting the OP3 with OOS 4.0.1?

I nedd your help guys.
I'm trying to buy a phone, but i'm in a sort of a dead end:
I have 450-500 dollas in budget, but i don't know if i should get a Samsung Galaxy S7 or a OnePlus 3T.
Do you have anything else in mind that fits my budget?
Your help is appreciated.

Just get the OP3T

Can you explain why please ? The S7 is pretty good !

It's ridiculously overpriced and you have to put up with all the shit software Samsung packs on their phones

I found the S7 at 450 , the 3T is at 440
Is the 3T's camera good ?

+1

I have the 3T. Have had a Samsung phone before. 3T wins hands down imo.

Not as good as the S7

Touchjizz has gotten better over previous versions but it's still shit and slow

you bought it from a reseller and it had a vendor rom

>guys, we now finally refined touchwizz, it's awesome now and so fast
>wow, I have to get this phone, samsung sure isn't lying to me again like the last two iterations
>oh man, I'm 6 month in and touchwizz started lagging again, more like touchjizz amir8? I won't buy samsung again!
>hey guys, we present to you the new galaxy x, this time touchwizz is REALLY good ans smooth
>oh wow, samsung sure as hell isn't lying to me again, is it?
>I need this phone

It's an endless cycle.

To be fair that's a damn good price for the S7.

The 3T camera is good if you can keep your hand perfectly still. Unfortunately it (the software I think) does tend to blur shots with me so I have to take like 3 to get a good one

Really want a Nokia 8 lads

has anyone with a zuckerberg had any issues with build quality? heard of some people having things break

reddit.com/r/chinaphones/comments/4txaf6/zuk_z2_pro_camera_issues_affecting_quite_a_few/

why are people buying xiaomi over lenovo? is it the apple of chinkphones?

ZUK Z2 or a Mi5 Pro?

I'm looking for a budget phone (not more than 200€) that is relatively small, has a good battery and is reliable.

So far the Xiaomi Redmi 3 phones seem to fit my expectations the best, but there are so many fucking versions.
There's the 3, 3s, 3s Prime, 3 Pro and even a different version of the 3S with more RAM and internal storage.
From what I've gathered so far the first three are just consequent updates with the 3 Pro the only one that offers 4G LTE support for only an uprice of 34€ to the normal version.

Can somebody confirm this, has experience with it, or does own any of these? Also if anybody knows, hows the custom ROM support for them?

get the one I bought

forget the thing about LTE support they all offer it apparently

I've had the s5 and s6 and never used touchwiz

>BREAKONG RIGHT NOW MASSIVE SALE ON AXON 7 ON AMAZON

Forgot pick related

How did you do that ?

anyone has that picture of Sup Forums approved smartphone with all the serial inputs and floppy drive and lan socket etc. ?

Flash custom rom asap.

>android is good they say

code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=38282
code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=195362

The zuk z2 looks good but 5 inch is already too small. I tried 5.5 and I can't like 5 inchers anymore. What's a good 5.5 phones for less than $160?

xiaomi redmi note 3 pro / special ed.

>one cent off
Kek you can't make this up!

whats the best light and battery saving launcher

Whats the advantage to the OP3T over the i7+?

I got my wife an i6+ and really like it. My note4 is shit. I've had issues with it not detecting touch and forcing me to use the s pen, constant issues with the charge port, it won't fast charge, shit battery life, etc. I take good care of it, but it was a huge let down compared to my previous galaxys.

So Sup Forums, in all my despair for not having a phone since my last one broke i got myself a Windows Phone budget shitter.
Now, i know WP is dead and all but i need to know if there's any Sup Forums apps like Clover or something for it.

Is it worth to get an Xperia X Performance over the normal Xperia X?

I wanted a cheaper phone so I decided to go for the Xperia Z3. Some kind anons told me it's a stupid idea and just pay the 70€ extra for the X.
After reading up on everything I saw that it's not dust/waterproof.

Now the X Performance is dust/waterproof and also has slightly higher speccs, like a better battery, better processor etc, only real slight differences.
After watching videos comparing the Xperia X and the Performance, it looks like you pay 100€ more just for the dust/water resistance because most other shit seems identical, despite the slightly better specs.

Am I wrong here, is there something I don't see? Because 330€ for the X would be okay for me but paying 430€ should at least make some notable differences.

Launchers barely use any battery. How often are you sitting on your phone's homescreen? If you want customisability then get Nova launcher

Snapdragon 820 is overkill for 95% of the things you do on your phone and it uses more power, so battery life will be less on the X performance compared to the X. I'd take the X Performance only if you
1. Play a lot of demanding games
2. Really need the waterproofing

Otherwise pick the X

4charm
Imageboard browser
Sup Forums Sup Forumsrowser

>$200 scalp for a 128gb 3t

Fuck these people. Reason why they're out of stock all the time to begin with, I imagine

Don't need the waterproofing really, except for sometimes when it rains of course, I'm not sure how much the droplets get into cracks and can fuck with your system?
Also they talk about being dustproof, does this help in any way with the longevity of the phone like heat build up increasing over the years or something like that?

Other than that, no, I only play the occasional mobage, nothing big and fancy.

Well blow me down, checked the website for shits and 128gb is back in stock

If you've been waiting, place your orders lads

sorry bumping this, my parents have first gen xiaomi redmi note 3g acting up again today display is completely gone (black but still could receive phone calls weird). So should i get newest redmi note 3/4 redmi 3/4 for my parents, or pick some newest meme like android one devices/oukitel.

Any Sup Forums approved lockscreens that doesn't need root?

Original (shit)poster here. Could anyone give me an actual explanation of how the Zuk Z2 manages to be this cheap? I get that it has slower storage than the OP3, that QC isn't up to par with companies like Apple, that they didn't spend cash on advertising and that they cheaped out a bit on the screen and the camera but still... Are they actually making money off that phone?

I've got the Redmi 3 Pro

The phone was filled with malware when it arrived. I flashed Resurrection Remix MM and haven't had problems since.

Just because it isn't advertised as waterproof doesn't mean it can't handle water. The IP65/68 rating of the X Performance means it's protected against low pressure water jets (ie. You can use it the shower) and continuous immersion in water (so you can swim with it underwater).

Rain isn't really a problem for any phone, at most the water on the screen might interfere with touch input. A lot of phones are also splash proof but aren't advertised as such because people might confuse that with their phone being waterproof. That's why you'll often see phones that aren't waterproof still survive being dipped in water like the Xperia X here
gsmarena.com/video_shows_the_sony_xperia_x_seems_to_cope_well_with_water_despite_the_lack_of_a_certification-blog-18813.php

The X Performance is also completely dustproof, but that doesn't really mean that much, as pretty much all phones are at minimum dust protected, meaning that dust can enter the phone but not in a way that will damage it.

More info on the IP ratings
dsmt.com/resources/ip-rating-chart/

Do they need any particular features or just a cheap phone? 5" or 5.5" preferred?

Thank you very much, that was is very good to know.

I will just go for the Xperia X then, my Note 2 is slowly crumbling in my hands

Posting from mine rn, came yesterday. Was pleasantly surprised at the size, I haven't had a phone since the nexus 4 and I was expecting it to be way too big.

Sick of my tmobile reception getting worse and working in a new place where I got .5 to zero bars while verizon shills and att got 4 bars I switched.

So i'm on verizon's prepaid $50 for 7gb data. Still cheaper than postpaid.

Now the question: what's a good phone with these specs?

Screen: 5-5.5"
Main apps: Snapchat, Maps, discord
Camera: I want a good camera
Kicker, Price: Less than $350 new.

Battery life can be meh because i'm always near a charger 3/4 of the day.

Best phone with a microsd slot?

Basically xiaomi makes better quality phone. I've had several lenovo phones over the years

>lenovo tab A7
-ghost touch issues
-overheating
-screen brightness changed at random

>Lenovo A850+
-ghost touch
-small internal storage and even with sd cards plugged in, some apps couldn't be transferred to sd cards
-sluggish even with quad core processor and 1gb ram
-usb port needed replacement after a year

>Lenovo A889
-ghost touch (again. wtf lenovo)
-screen stuck at landscape mode after several months
-also brightness changed at random

Never again

-Get a Redmi 4A. It's basically an updated Redmi 3 and it costs slightly less

galaxy A5 2016

I didn't say budget I said best

then you don't know what you're talking about

It's better than the s7?

I'm also considering it right now because it's for 320 caliphatebucks on ebay but I'll wait a bit longer since the mi6 is scheduled for this february or so. I want to see if it's worthwhile to wait for the mi6.

I haven't kept up with phones, the last time I was interested in one, was a few years ago when stuff like Huawei was first introduced into the EU market with cheap mobile shit.

Now I see Xiaomi and I've never even heard that before, actually the same with Axon but that is besides the point.
Despite the stereotypes, it really seems like all these random asian brands really stepped up their game and deliver better phones than the ones we are used to, is that correct?

Seems like the companies who had the market before became really lazy.

I don't know if they are truly better, Sup Forums doesn't really complain about them though. You get insane value for the price when you buy chinkphones, but you have the risk that if something breaks you are fucked because there is no warranty.

I mean the mi5s is basically a google pixel and it's half the price.

hey Sup Forums thought i ask this here before making a whole thread for it

Can I buy an unlocked smartphone, not use a carrier and just use it as a tom-tom like gps? Thought it would be a waste of money to just buy a tom-tom..since so many smart phones already have agps. Looking at galaxy s4 because my budget is tiny.

And if this is possible... what apps are needed to make it work? I dont need the assisted directions (though its ok if they are present), and i dont want one that just downloads maps offline.

????o

can't you just install another theme and never use it?

Should I get the iPhone 7 or wait for the 8?

Wat?
So no non-edge s8 AND no headphone jack?
GG samshit

Latest rumour is that it WILL have a headphone jack

What phone do you have now?

Seriously, what the fuck? Has any big company ever heard the phrase "If it isn't broken, don't fix it"? Why can't I just get a plain phone with flagship specs that has a physical home button, a headphone jack, and USB-C?

Sort of related, does anyone know how to sync music from foobar to android devices?

The last best phone that was released is still the Samsung S5.

>no knox
>had all features
>still can change the battery
>easy to root
>still a big community to support it

Xperia Z3, Samsung S5 or Note 3?
I'm tired of my iPhone 5S. Also don't like spendingmoney on phones

is there any kind of consesus on best iphone case?

sister got me a 5c for christmas and i need a good case.

Any decent phones for 50 dollar or less (Canadian) on amazon. I have a $50 amazon gift card that I would like to blow