IPS 144hz 4ms or TN 144hz 1ms?

IPS 144hz 4ms or TN 144hz 1ms?

I have that TN monitor. Go for it, colors are as good as the IPS one, has less input lag and more important, Freesync range goes up to 144Hz instead of being capped at 90Hz.

Which monitor is it and can it tilt 90° and do portrait mode?

Even though 1ms is noticable I wouldn't ditch it for my parallax vision

for 90° tilt you absolutely need IPS. If you use TN in portrait mode it looks like ass.

Also get a monitor arm that allows tilt. Don't pay extra for a monitor that comes with tilt.

Oh shidd you're right about that. Forgot about the viewing angles. My plan was to vertical when I program and back to horizontal for muh gaymes.

Where do you get monitor arms?

leave

choose TN 240hz
benq xl2540
for less than $500
freesync
it even has blur reduction at 240hz
you're welcome

IPS

The only reason there's any innovation in monitor technology is because of gamers you dumb niggers.

>2000 and 17
>STILL using TN
the 3ms literally don't matter; your OS creates lag hundreds of times longer

>OS makes you lag 300 ms...
A good TN panel really doesn't have that much worse colours than IPS. I noticed it only when comapred side to side. Dell s2716dg here.

Kill yourself.

kys yourself

IPS, anyone that recommends a TN panel, whatever brand or model is fucking blind and need to be shot along with his family and any descendant.

You'll have to excuse me for being a pleb, but in which axis do you guys mean when you say "tilt" 90°? Flat plane relative to floor?

Rotate 90° on the axis that is facing you. So it ends up just vertical. Could call it portrait mode. Good for programming/coding because more lines are displayed.

>spending so much money on monitor with resolution that will become obsolete in one to two years

ips everytime im not a pro gaymer

>4k 144hz doesnt exist yet
>will cost a metric fuckton when it comes out
>esports scene gets bigger every year
>need 144hz to be competitive even at a slightly above average level
>non pros won't be able to afford 4k144hz
>need 144hz no matter the resolution to become a pro.

It won't be obsolete until 4k 144hz is the price of current 1080p144hz monitors. So I'm guessing 4 years. Honestly I think 240hz will be adopted for muh competitive gaymes earlier than 4k just cause of the refresh rate so unless they get 4k240hz it wont be adopted by the competitive fps scene.

500$ is "so much money" for you?

Jesus, get a job.

144Hz VA

>playing pew pew bam bam games
This board is 18+, come back when you're grown up then you realize the monitor doesn't matter, it matters what you DO on it. I still have a T420 TN panel and it's completely fine. Everything else is just money grabbing

>my 100-300 ms reaction time isnt fast enough to peek corners in counter strike
> it's because my monitor is 3 ms too slow

Gotta be careful on Sup Forums these days. Never know when some gaymer is going to tell you to spend hundreds of $CURRENCY more than you need to.

If it's not for pro gaming go with the IPS one.

My comment was not against people who play/enjoy/watch/create video games. I'm not a retard.

Your statement about monitor technology manages to get on the same level of retardation as Sup Forums's "anti-videogame" mindset.

Grats.

The reason why I posted that is because the question and the thread is idiotic. Not only is this completely up to the use case of a monitor, the display technology doesn't tell you much as it is and cookie cutter specs like "1ms" or "4ms" do not mean anything important at all.

PLS 144Hz

Response time in ms is useless without rigorous demonstration.

IPS all the way for me, since I'm not a competitive gamer and would rather have consistent color the rest of the time.

What I really want is UHD@120/144Hz IPS for best all-around feature set, but I'm not exactly holding my breath.

Asus VG248QE masterrace reporting in. 4ms is unnacceptable