/mkg/ - Mechanical Keyboard General

OP is going on vacation so someone else might need to post the general tomorrow and Sunday edition

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG

>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL

>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp

>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG

>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Previous Threads

NEWS:
>Originative will be running SA Hyperfuse and SA Prenumbra
GMK >Terminal_ is running still, $159 for a ton of layouts covered
>The last round of Golbat is running, $100 for the whole kit

Other urls found in this thread:

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1330
youtube.com/watch?v=hK2cnxXauls&feature=youtu.be&t=39s
alternate.be/html/product/listing.html?navId=18901&tk=7&lk=10194
youtu.be/VQ_2GxeR4Es?t=2247
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why does Corsair/Logi/Hyper X/CM not use doubleshot?

I know it's more expensive but they charge so much and try so hard to make it seem premium they could at least make doubleshot so the keys dont wear away instantly

What are good keycaps that work well with backlighting?

Also are there any keysets (for 60%) that are "blank" but have some sort of pattern or a piece of transparent for light to pass?

Profits and if the keys wear away normies will buy more keyboards faster.

Basic business. Spend less, charge more, planned obsolescence.

tl;dr It's all the baby boomers' fault for being entitled consumer whores and fucking the priorities of our culture for five decades.

Vortex has some backlit doubleshot PBT sets, but the legends look like literal shit. Take that as you will.

Are those the pictured ones?

The Pok3r RGB has a similar font as this Anne Pro and I hate it.

I just went with ducky one pbt I can't stand greasy thin caps

>The last round of Golbat is running, $100 for the whole kit
>40%
yuck. I'd like a 60% with a split space bar instead

Yes, Vortex uses Vortex keycaps on their Vortex keyboards.

>tl;dr It's all the baby boomers' fault
If you blame other people for your shortcomings, that makes you a parasite.

I meant I was scared of them looking like but these look slightly less crap
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1330

But still crap.

Eh, I'll just look around further or just get get a bunch of translucent caps

Because gaymers don't give a shit whether their keyboard full of LEDs last or not.

Kinda funny how one has to go to great lengths just to get good quiet tactile switches.

>browns: shit
>clears: too heavy
>topre: expensive, but more smooth than tactile
>ergo clears and their variants: need to change springs/desolder & expensive
>matias quiet click? More like matias quiet chatter amirite?

you can't have everything you want

>clears: too heavy

Pussy

>that grime on the Q key

>not using a stenotype
Lmao how do you even typeracer

MQC is a fuckingg scam (

Is chatter really that bad? I thought that was something that happened when you soldered and the plastic got too hot

I don't know whose idea it was to shill that garbage on /mkg/ but it needs to stop

Going to put my V60 with MCQ up on ebay for $85 as soon as I get it back from it's second RMA repair

done with this shit!

>Is chatter really that bad?
If you're unlucky, it's that bad. Mine had chatter appearing and disappearing across the entire keyboard. Sometimes up to five keys at a time.

Interesting since the only Alps keyboard I've tried is an AEK with orange switches. I didn't have that problem.

Where can I get youtube.com/watch?v=hK2cnxXauls&feature=youtu.be&t=39s and should I bring it to lectures?

Same, and when I sent it in for repairs they "couldn't replicate the chattering" so I just picked the three worst offenders and had them swap the switches out. Really regret buying this one.

I've tried different USB cables and computers and the problem persists on all of them so not sure why they couldn't replicate.

I'm almost wondering if it is the controller.

What's a good wireless mechanical keyboard?

filco air would be cool if it wasn't for the retarded layout that sucks for touch typing

Bunch of fags

>tilde and backslash keys aren't black
Kinda triggered

How is that? Do you use the right shift that much?

KC71 on massdrop right now

That tilde/backspace clusterfuck is atrocious

oh what the fuck

what did they think

>1u right spacebar

It was made for japs, and they're used to that dinky little backspace key and the weird spacebar

do you know is tere any kind of program that i can use to reprogram the deafult rgb lights in logitech g910??

Oh, that explains a lot.

Back to chink boards for me then. I'm not weeb enough for anything but ANSI.

How do you like my keyboard?

Except for the fact that I work hard, rely on no one, protect and maintain my own interests and property, pay my taxes, have no debt, own my own home outright and am generally the antithesis of a selfish hippy welfare Joneser cunt, I agree with you completely. People who blame others for their own shortcomings are garbage human parasites wasting good resources.

But browns with o-rings are literally exactly what you want.

I like your legends very much.

Oh hey I have a similar keyboard to

Yeah, it has some pretty modifiers and function keys.
Too blurry, I can't see anything.

Right shifting is my primary shifting mode

Any suggestions on cheap ways of getting hold of a Planck plate (or similar) in britland? Want to try my hand at wiring one, but the shipping ends up far more than the plate.

Looking for a keyboard my bois.

>120€
>Europoor
>Blue switch
>ISO
>Any form factor
>Gib leds

I got this rosewill brown keys for my first mechanical keyboard. I've been using some $15 logitech one for like 5 years and this new one was recommended on logical increments and some people in a keyboard thread.

How did I do Sup Forums?

It's a keyboard yes

boy it's loud, gotta get used to this new experience.

>Browns
>loud
I can't hear you over my Gateron Blues

alternate.be/html/product/listing.html?navId=18901&tk=7&lk=10194

yeah I know there's much louder ones, but I'm just used to cheap rubber domes all my life.. It's definitely satisfying though.

Anybody try these plum topre clones?

MX Browns are good stuff too.

Pic related is meant for Japs, it's the JIS layout.
The Filco seems to only have borrowed the small spacebar.

Is the backlighting meme just for aesthetics? I would assume almost everyone can touch type these days and besides the keyboard is close to the monitor be it a desktop or laptop and in a dark room monitors will easily illuminate the keyboard.

yes

why aren't hot-swappable switches not the standard yet

oops double negative

They're already are aren't not the standard.

hot swappable is kind of a gimmick to get around bad QC right now. They throw a dozen switches in the box and hope you don't bitch when they chatter/fuck up.

Have a look at a top view of this keyboard. The staggering is borged...

>No the stabs on the 750r are in a weird place and you can only use the stock spacebar.

Not since they switched manufacturing to worst korea about a year and a half ago. All spacing is completely standard now on that board.
Is this the ultimate man child keycap collection?
Actually is seems that loads of mechanical users cannot touch type. I have seen quite a few in these threads.

That's absolutely insane to me. QWERTY keyboards are fucking everywhere these days how can someone have half a brain and not know where the keys are on one.

The only keys where it's justifiable to not know their position on blanks are the number row and other special characters. If you don't know how to touch type with letters, you might as well just end it right here, right now.

>gaymen LEDs
>browns
>full size
It's acceptable for a first mechanical keyboard. You could have done better but you could have done worse too. It's up to you where you like it or not.

Pretty much. And the mongolians on Sup Forums and reddit that apparently still can't touch type.

Are brown Cherry MX keys really that bad? I got them because I assumed black ones would be a bit too hard on my fingers.

I have four buttons to change the LED profile. I can replace the caps with letters from another keyboard. Which four-letter word with no doubles should I use?

They're not bad per se. A lot of people just don't like them. See what you think about them and if needed, make use of that return period.

I haven't had any problems with them, they feel great.

looks neat

What keyset is that

Some people really like browns what can I say.

My friend had a CODE keyboard with clear switches. He said they were too heavy and switched to brown...now he loves it.

Needless to say, I obviously bought the clears from him for like 70$. Pretty happy about that myself

SA pulse.

They're worse than you think, every time you press a brown switch they whisper "death to whitey" and I'm pretty sure I caught some planning a holocaust of white people once.

Atleast they reinforce the WASD and 12345 keys KEK

thanks user

youtu.be/VQ_2GxeR4Es?t=2247

Why did this guy swap the stem and spring instead of just swapping the entire switch?

Looks like all he did was put the clear stem into the red switches, not swap the springs too.

>24 hours since the last tracking update

Losing hope I'll get my new Ducky this weekend.

I feel you. There was one point where my tracking thing extended another week until delivery. When's the expected arrival date

Where does it come from?

My Anne Pro from Banggood had a full month without tracking updates, but then again

>China

My K30 broke today. scroll, caps, num flashing, half of the keys not working. What's the best mech kboard in the market today?

IBM Model F

Why are keysets so expensive? My keyboard came with ugly "gaming" font keys and i want to replace them all, but it's going to cost me more than the keyboard itself.

that really depends, you can get blank pbt caps for less than 20 bucks and dye them if you want.

My boss is being nice and willing to buy me a keyboard right now. I want a sexy 60% blue switch, very little bezel. Best brand/model?

Tai hao double shots are under 30 bucks

had one of these for about 6 months now, maybe longer.

its alright, thinking of getting a new one though.

Its cheap and theyre blues, in case anyone cares

Where was yours shipped from? Mine was posted on Malaysia Post, and every time I want to refresh the tracking it takes fucking ages because of their terribly slow website.

POK3R

poker II or pok3r

forgot image. fuck me, right

If you received an invoice from PayPal for the M65-A does that mean you won the raffle? Like what's the whole deal with that? I apologise, I'm a little intoxicated... It's Friday night here. :^)

There's no raffle nigga, if you ordered one you're getting one.

They got enough orders that they decided not to do a raffle. Everyone who signed up for a kit got one.

How bad is Das Keyboard?

pretty bad

Damn, OK. Gonna continue enjoying my night. At least I know I have some comfy MX blues coming in a sexy board with the next 5-6 months. Thanks for the info pham.

thanks!