>Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1Qx9PD_aqc8
forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=7356273&rid=0#msg_7356273
youtube.com/watch?v=0i98xJLEjZY
youtube.com/watch?v=dXqWUZxFZ98
amazon.fr/Casio-Collection-Montre-Unisexe-B640WD-1AVEF/dp/B008S7K2UU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1484357480&sr=8-3&keywords=casio B640
youtube.com/watch?v=ydJ-riJ7sjo
youtube.com/watch?v=TzXyjM5gdaM
hodinkee.com/articles/the-senfine-concept-watch-from-parmigiani-fleurier-with-an-amazing-escapement-that-allows-a-70-day-p
hodinkee.com/articles/greubel-forsey-announces-mechanical-nano-project-with-180-day-movement-in-less-space-than-in-a-conve-2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Second for fuck niggers and jews.

URWERK

Google it.

>Old memes edition
/wt/ doesn't have editions, and you didn't include the;

>>This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch.

feel free to kys

/thread

>not even working properly

I think you should edit this to say "OP is a faggot who dicks up the thread by not including the description" edition

Anyone give me a brief overview on some Swiss companies that got fucked by the quartz crisis

Now /thread

It always works right

when's the last time you saw anything about "micro-engineering" in those threads, whatever that is supposed to mean

dubs and trips confirmed

Anyone knows for good sourcse of SKX bezels?

I'm searcing for smooth bezels but they all pretty much look the same and I'd like some more variety, pic related. Dagaz has none.

I may appreciate all metal bezels too but I'm not finding a single one.

Might as well post.

>smooth bezel on a dive watch
You fucking disgust me. There was an user who recently bought an skx recently with that r/watches shit that he restored to its proper state, maybe he can send it to you. Unless he threw that shit away, I know I would.

Literally all the time in refernce to seiko's spring drive and omega's coaxial escapement. There's a lot of /fa/ shit granted but micro engineering is the reason most of us are here rather than on fa

Oh I fully intend to keep it functional user.

I'm looking for more options because I want one thick enough to dig into it to fit some lume, or even a small enough tritium vial. I'm also considering knurling the edges to provide more grip. Those also have no ratchet system, which is an issue, though a thick gasket blocks them kinda.

Is pic related less digusting?

>/fa/ watches
>Form over function

>Sup Forums watches
>Function over form, but form being considered

>autism watches
>autism over everything

How fucking hard is it to copy a thread format without inserting your special snowflake touches on it?

Copy the thread, post a picture, and do nothing else.

I have the TIMEX Easy Reader with date window on a black leather band. Cost me about 30 dollars.

Nice simple watch.

Would be easier to read if the hour hand was more distinct from the minute hand though.

You also have to change the dial because one of the requirements for ISO 6425 is "It must include a time pre-selecting device, such as a unidirectional rotating bezel" so your watch can't bear the Diver's mark anymore.

Yes it's a bit of a dinner plate because of the internal slide rule, but fuck me I love it.
Def. gonna be saving for a Sinn 903

>your watch can't bear the Diver's mark anymore

Can I get fined for that?

Still I'm a scuba diver and I certainly don't intend to dive with it, only faglords actually dive with anything other than a Casio. Don't even get me started on the suicidal retards actually using them over a dive computer.

Me, I just use my watch a lot every day and like to keep track of stuff. A mere arrow or dot is more than enough, I don't even need markings on the bezel.

Though I'm now considering swapping the dial for one with "chronomètre certifié" on it.

Lol, that'd be me. Probably going to try and resell it to some other sucker.

There's a small bit of overhang, nothing that would make it look nigger tier though

I know a few older chaps who still dive with a watch, simply because that's what they were trained to work on, and that's what they continue to use. They purely hobby dive now though. A few of them do own dive computers, but can't get into using them.

I guess to a degree preference takes effect, but obviously the deeper you go, the more a dive computer makes sense.

And here's the meme blue for comparison

It's not a matter of depth, or length, but variation of those parameters. It's easy knowing how long you can remain at a set depth, it's harder when your depth keeps changing. And each dive affects the next, because a dive computer isn't just thrown aside after a dive, you note the dive data and set it back again for the next dive, and the more you dive, the more your computer tells you not to, and it eventually ends up flashing the little "don't get on a plane" icon, which killed so many proud divers who refused to use a dive computer.

Scuba diving is a highly risky activity, and just the idea of having an extra thing tied to your wrist which may get you stuck somewhere is retarded, and on that topic, nato and zulu straps are suicide. A dive computer is near mandatory today, and many will refuse to dive with you if you don't have one, because when you take risks, you become a risk for others.

And then every faglord ends up scratching his watch on sharp rocks on the first dive.

Yeh. The chaps with computers only used them when they did some salvage work with a local firm a few years back, where the younger lads set them up and walked them through the operation. But when they go off on a diving holiday, usually Caribbean or Australia, they don't exactly get deep.

Fuck, the oldest of the group, in his 80s and still an avid diver, will not use anything other than his watch. And it is beat to fuck. I can't recall the name for the life of me, or model even, but he was issues with it when he was a navy diver some 50 years ago. He gets a new crystal every so often and calls it a day. I'll have to try grab a pic some time.

>r/watches
yo take care about that place and dont get scamed
They usually hide publicity in betwen the coments and normies buy from there

they look like botstok grade rings I hope they cheap

>"don't get on a plane"

wow never heard about gona search it, sounds interesting

>nato and zulu straps are suicide
why?

Hey deep meme bro if you're looking to try the bracelet I have one available.

Just spent a couple hours splitting g wood in freezing rain, watch took a couple hits, not a scratch on it

>wow never heard about gona search it, sounds interesting
Planes are pressurized, but pressure drops slightly on a climb, and it's enough to get the bends even for someone that respected decomp temps.

>why?
Well imagine some part sticking out of a boat getting caught on your equipment and dragging you for hours. Or getting stuck on something underwater with a powerful current preventing you from freeing yourself.

Ideally all diving gear uses straps that can be released when under tension like quick release buckles and velcro, or be set to break past some strength and release you. Plastic/silicone straps, buckles and springbars will break easily, one piece nylon straps with classic buckles won't.

Obviously people will dive their whole lives with natos/zulus and be perfectly fine, but then there's been many deaths of people that got caught because of their gear and couldn't free themselves. That includes little cord bracelets you get for $1 on the beach.

If there is still anyone lurking about the projects of my father, that he semi-hand build.

Why that Chrysanthemum?

>g wood
Is that special wood that can only be split by a g shock?

which one would you pick?

I think I just found the most annoying watch channel on youtube:
youtube.com/watch?v=1Qx9PD_aqc8

The Seiko.

The batman

Bottom.

oooor

See if this guy still has his GPHG winning GS
forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=7356273&rid=0#msg_7356273

>this seems okay, although the intro seems like like a review and more like an ad
>"..the dinosaur finally gets a name! Look at him go!"
alright. I'm done

>maxi case
Neither, they've been ruined.

I'd only get a 16710

Do people unironically wear these

rate my watch

2big4u/10.

I have it on a shark mesh now but sure, how much are you asking?

And here I thought my shit was oversized

What's the most affordable grand seiko

One of the quartz models, if you mean new.

Well, you can get GS quartz models for like 1.7~ gray market.

I'll probably go for the BLNR but somehow I also dig the Vintage Explorer youtube.com/watch?v=0i98xJLEjZY ..

$50 paypal, I bought it for my brother's watch but he ended up not wanting it so it's brand new basically.

Yes

It's tactical wood

>tactical wood
What is something soldiers wake up?

That's a damn fine looking watch.

Makes me question the Seiko I bought.

Actually they both look like gaudy nigger shit.

What do you think about this one?
youtube.com/watch?v=dXqWUZxFZ98

No. We have better taste than that.

Unremarkable for the asking price. If I was paying a few kilobucks for a rolex it'd either be an explorer or a blue dial oyster perpetual with a milled clasp.

Thoughts on this Casio? I think it could elegantly replace the terrorist.

>No. We have better taste than that.

It's a Casio EF527, pretty much a straight navitimer homage, but I'm gonna guess that the movement in the Seiko is much better.
I fucking hate breitling for ruining the public perception of pilot watches

Really nice, it has the same module as the GW5600
Dont get the plated version though

The unplated version is this one right?
amazon.fr/Casio-Collection-Montre-Unisexe-B640WD-1AVEF/dp/B008S7K2UU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1484357480&sr=8-3&keywords=casio B640

And I guess the problem with the plated version is that the plating wears off?

Mine is the B640W, so yeah your link is fine, I think you're overpaying a little though because I bought mine for 20 burgerbucks.
Yeah casio plating on their cheaper watches is pretty awful, especially the black ones

S5 reporting in

U have a scratch right there on the crystal.

Where?

Really? Didnt notice at all.

Shit camera. Shit conditioned watch.

Watches ARE technology.

And yeah, there's the debate about the interest of an old tech

However not only old tech is still tech; but there are real new tech stuff posted here: casio protrek and g shock for example.

Plus there are innovations even for the automatic tech: spring drive by seiko was modern tech genious not so long ago.

>He posted it again, what a watchman
Hopefully your moon is bright and shiny user

The moon looked amazing when I saw it. Nice, dull orange.

I'd say it's OK. I havae a 17-18 cm wrist and all my watches are between 36 and 39.

The 38/39 size is perfect, so I hesitate to buy 40 to 42.

Alright /wt/.

Do you have any resources to make or repair watches? Any books to check out? How many dicks should I suck?

Check out this channel as a start.

youtube.com/watch?v=ydJ-riJ7sjo

If you're talking about my meme blue it's 44mm and like 52mm lug to lug

I was.

Do you know how many centimeters is your wrist?

You have tiny wrists
7in across I think? It's been a while since I measured. Mediterranian wrists arent very flat compared to anglo wrists though so no clue if that's a proper measurement

>7in across

Around I mean you dummy

seiyafieldwatch's screwed lug bars are kind of annoying. should I put thread lock on them and only wear it on natos?

I am moving to alaska and I need a watch.

It needs to be resistant to very cold temperatures, water resistant, I don't need it to handle a 100 meter dive or anything though. It should also be shock resistant. I want a watch that I can have and never have to replace for the rest of my life.

I'd prefer an analog face but anything visible is nice, especially in the dark. My budget is 200 dollars but something less than 150 is preferable as well.

Stop looking at my wrist you homosexual predator, this thread is about watches.

Also the watchworld rule is, dont worry about watch size if its a great piece.

Also I never worry about how it looks on my wrist since Im 6 feet and have some arms. Btw my wrist is 6.4

If they're too loose and you don't plan on changing straps every other day, then some low strength loctite should work fine.

Oh, something that blends into snow and alaskan wilderness would be good too.

youtube.com/watch?v=TzXyjM5gdaM

What does Sup Forums think of this watch?

Damasko
>200 dollars
Nevermind then.

Damn, a not a blood moon. Freaked me out last time I saw one though, looks sick.

yeah, thinking of the low strength purple loctite. the fit's tight enough to the case that pulling a nato through spun the bar enough to back out a screw.

I've found a time or two my memesplorer screws have become loose on the bracelet.

kind of cool in a ridiculous way

Tacky.

It's horrendous. What's to like about this watch?

If you attached this to a chain and put it around your bicycle people would be scared to go after it.

An expensive gimmick, made all the more overpriced by the ferrari badge. The 50 day power reserve is neat though.

I'm more impressed by something like this escapement though:

hodinkee.com/articles/the-senfine-concept-watch-from-parmigiani-fleurier-with-an-amazing-escapement-that-allows-a-70-day-p

I'm curious to see what greubel forsey has up their sleeves though.

hodinkee.com/articles/greubel-forsey-announces-mechanical-nano-project-with-180-day-movement-in-less-space-than-in-a-conve-2