If I wanted portable gaming, why should I buy a switch over a tablet? serious question. Underpowered, shit battery...

If I wanted portable gaming, why should I buy a switch over a tablet? serious question. Underpowered, shit battery, thick, low resolution, underwhelming catalogue...

pls no bully, can't have serious discussions on Sup Forums right now (or ever)

>Underpowered, shit battery, thick, low resolution, underwhelming catalogue...
I know right, tablets sure are shitty

because you are limited to mobile games

you don't want zillions of recycled super mario games and zelda?

Because Nintoddlers will never grow up. If you're one go ahead and buy the same shit over and over again.

you like the exclusives
that's pretty much it

>Pls no bully we can't have a serious discussion on Sup Forums
MOODDSS! (won't do shit because they're faggots). Throw this thread out along with homescreen and battlestation threads

>why should I buy a switch over a tablet?
Why do you even play games if you have to ask such a stupid question?
Are you a curry shitter?

because nintendo games obviously

you fuckin idiot

Smach z

1200p tablets with android/windows are available under 100$. You can game if you want to, although you're limited to whatever will run on a Cherry Trail APU.

If you want to play Nintendo games, buy a Nintendo

>why should I buy a switch
zelda
($thread::$closed);
}

If you want gaming, you need good games, this is the most important.

Games that aren't just built around a touch screen, but actual physical controls?

Sure, tablets have controller attachments and emulators to run old console games with physical controls, but the selection proper iOS/Android games with physical controls is pretty limited.

Actual games

>vidya
>you can play baldur's gate (II) enhanced edition on a 5 year old, sub-$100, bigger, thinner, longer lasting, higher res tablet
>you can buy a shitty switch for $300
>excluding vidya

regular tablets are not coded to metal.

that trailer was beautiful....

Stop posting about nintendo shit on Sup Forums

okay daddy

Call me that again, faggot.

okay daddy

are you going to spank me papa??
my nintendaddy

You buy neither

You get a 3DS, tons of games, plus original DS games

Switch is gonna be a shitty meme like Wii U was, it's gonna die a quick death because all the games will be inferior ports of new games or ports of 6 year old games (Skyrim). Doesn't even have backwards compatibility with the old Wii/Wii U games. 3 hour battery life. Weak ass launch lineup.

Nintendo is retarded to start competition with itself anyway. 3DS is the undisputed king of portable gaming (not counting smartphones) and now Nintendo is making a gimmick machine whose only selling point is portable mode that results in a downgrade in performance and being limited by worthless battery life that won't even last a bus trip. Fucking wow

Mmm...yeah. Now come sit on daddy's lap. I have something special for you.

is it a nintendo switch?

thank you daddy

>300$
>outdated hardware even by xbox1 and ps4 standards
>online services aren't free anymore
>shit battery life

It's doa just like the wiiu. Nintendo fans will buy it regardless, but they failed horribly at widening their target audience.

Pick any character that appears in a Super Smash Bros game. That character will be in a game on the Switch, and most likely not in a game on iOS or Android. You've got Super Mario Run... but that's about it.

It's not about the hardware quality.
It's about the IP. That's all it's ever been about.

Also, most mobile games are complete shit.

lol

Not about the IP, it's about the fact that it's Nintendo and people still seem to believe that their brand carries value

There hasn't been any worthwhile titles for existing Nintendo IPs in forever, everyone loved Splatoon and Mario Maker because they were a breath of fresh air among all the stale titles for staple franchises

I seriously hope law of diminishing returns finally kicks in
>New New New New New Super Mario Bros.
>literally nothing new, same old game for the n'th time
>everyone falls for it regardless

I don't even understand why everyone's so hyped for the new Zelda game, looks like an empty, oversized world with nothing going on like FF13

i wish there was a non-portable version for like $150

i just wanna play mario odyssey on my tv

>If I wanted portable gaming, why should I buy a switch over a tablet?

Because Switch have real games, meanwhile tablet games are copycats that have been on the app store/android market since fucking 2011. only difference is they got celebrities to say it's "cool" so now people eat that shit up not even realizing its a re-skin of games that have been re-skinned since the app store was created.

Are there tablet games that compete with Mario Odyssey ? i only see are Candy crush, Clash of clans and Angry Birds in tablets.

Shoplifting one on day one initial launch.

What´s wrong with a "normal" console and "normal" gamepads?
Why "innovations" that nobody asked? the Joycons a detriment to the system in almost every way, it ended up crashing and burning in the long run.

You should not buy a switch so nintendo is forced to go third party. Hopefully being game only focused will make them good again.

Super Mario bros gets rehashed to death. There's a bit of variety about the Zelda games though, even if the play style is pretty similar.

3DS was a pretty successful handheld. This is priced in the same range as the 3DS was, and by the time it gets its price cut it will likely be the same price the 3DS was on launch.
You realize how many kids will want this, right? Leave it to autistic Sup Forumsirgins to forget that "hardcore gamers" are barely a relevant demographic.

I know theres complaints about the battery being shit. But if you are playing games on a tablet or laptop you can expect pretty much the same battery life.

Well, if your options are switch and tablet, switch has tablet hardware, but also has solid bundled physical controls and plays console quality games (you aren't likely to see a Skyrim esque game on mobile)

For the same reason why you should get a 3DS over a tablet. Nintendo portable systems get the best portable games.

>portable gaming

install a gb/gbc emulator on your phone and you're done. GB games were the shit back then and they are the shit now.