Be me, 19 years old in college

>Be me, 19 years old in college
>Been a windows fag since I was 12
>Start college off with a 12 pound "Can do anything" laptop
>Big mistake
>Start saving up money
>Buy a brand new macbook air for school

It lasts on average for about 10-14 hours with the stuff I have to do. I don't need to play games or do anything super heavy. 3 pounds

What's the big fuss from Sup Forums like mac is satan himself in the form of a laptop?

>being such a manlet that you cant carry 12lbs

seriously hope

Just because you were stupid enough to buy a gaming laptop for college doesn't make a shitty laptop good. Holy shit you are dense.

6'3 - 45kg

It gets tiresome, m8.

The question isn't about whether my choices were poor.

It is when you are trying to justify poor choices to yourself. Just because your decision-making is completely warped and shit, it doesn't make one of two shit alternatives good.

I'm not justifying anything? Simply stating the pros and asking what the big deal is.

Why are you being dense? It shouldn't be that hard to explain why Sup Forums fusses about it so much.

It's a poor laptop by all standards. You are trying to make it seem less idiotic by comparing it to something equally stupid. That's not how anything works.

Would've been better off with even a T420 or whatever.

>45kg
>6.3
AHAHAHAHAHAHHA

>6'3
>45kg

Macs are good laptops. I use one for work. The only Windows laptop I'd use for developing is either a thinkpad or a fully-loaded Surface Book 2. Windows 10 is finally a decent Windows OS that isn't shit for dev work.

Basically.

>Bought a "gaming laptop" and macfag
No hope for your user. Uninstall your life. Build a pc next time for a fraction of the price and 3x the performance. Atleast learn linux to make up for the waste of sperm.

Thanks for the input.

Already built one about 2 years ago.

Left it at home due to the distraction.

>6'3 - 45kg
Do you also happen to be a vegan?

I've been looking for a job. Thanks for the idea.

No.

all the scientists i work with use mbps. i havent been to Sup Forums in a few years but this mbp hate is pretty new, i mean it was always sorta there but its reall this new generation of script kiddies that sent it off the charts.

mbps are fine simple mobile coding stations. all heavy lifting is done on clusters anyway.

just be happy with what you have. mbp is fine for any application outside of videogames i think? dunno, i havent played a video game in a decade

Yeah. I get the macbook hate about it being overly expensive for the specs, but the software and convenience make it pretty great.

Programming on this has also been a breeze. It's just been overall nice, so I wanted to see if my choice was wrong. So far I just got a lot of these

Because you could've bought a Zenbook for $300 less with the same specs if not better.

literally name one sentient organism who loves you

I looked at it and wasn't happy with the average battery life.

Your mom.

>6'3 - 45kg
Thanks mr skeltal

Almost any non-gaymen laptop would have gotten the job done, instead you opted to buy two overpriced ricer fashion apparels and seek justification to them. It's not entirely wrong, as in it gets the job done, sure. The only way to justify either purchase is if you had a criteria for "it has to cost 4-digits which of at least 50% has to be for pure profit margin for the company", which has nothing to do with how good it is for the task at hand.

Yeah, the first one was $600 and the second
one was about $950 with the discounts involved.

They weren't extremely overpriced, I did a lot of research
and thought I would take the risk.

I do agree I could have gotten something 5x better
for the price I payed for the laptop.