Linux will never be free of SystemD

>Linux will never be free of SystemD
>Linux will never be free of X
>Linux will never be free of Pulseaudio
>Linux will never be "free" as in freedom

What hope can a common user have, if even grand open source projects like Linux get hijacked and derailed over time?

>Linux will never be free of systemd
But it is. Devuan exists.
But wayland works well with GNOME
But it's fine
>Linux will never be free as in freedom
linux-libre

But a lot of those actually are free even by Stalin standards.

>devuan
>common user
does_not_compute.tiff
>But wayland works well with GNOME
Gnome is absolute trash, and literally everybody shuns it, because it is an uncustomizable piece of shit that also hogs RAM

Keep your autism in check, NEET.
Deal with the following facts:
1. There is nothing wrong with systemd, you can use the Linux kernel in your system without systemd too.
2. Wayland already ships by default in GNOME. KDE is soon to follow. Tizen is pushing wayland on their devices and Unity will move to wayland. gtk3 and Qt5 onwards are fully wayland supported.
3. See 1. Change systemd to pulseaudio
4. Download Linux-Libre

>hogs the ram
Maybe on some shitty soc with 24MB or ram. Why the hell do you care if a de takes 300MB OF RAM? What do you use your computer for?
>oh wait, this is Sup Forums
You shitpost from some stupid laptop bought from bwst buy with 4-8GB of ram and your batching about 300MB?
BTFO
T
F
O

Windows will never be free.
Mac OS will never be legally free of Apple products.

>linux will never be free

just like windows, its mentor

void+linux-libre.

We must make free software great again. Where do we start?

Install Gentoo
(no, really)

Rekt negroid

OK M$, take your pills now. Everything will be alright.

Where did you get the idea that I was an MS Poojit?

>never
not sure. i bet people said the same about nextstep

>2017
>still using gnu+linux
>not using freebsd

Come to the *BSD side

Will Xfce ever move to Wayland?

>tfw i3 hasn't been ported to Wayland

10/10 funny cause is true, but still the best OS, bet windows is the same GUI manager since 98se it just doesn't have a name because you can't change it

Why do you fucking care? You're not a programmer, these things have no impact on your computer.

It is being ported to gtk3

Programmers aren't impacted by this too. OP is being a hipster

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

That's great, is GTK3 Wayland? I didn't know that GTK is a display server

Systemd, Pulseaudio and X are free, as in freedom, software.
Kill yourself.

>GNU will never be free of Linux

Most importantly there will never be a distro that can actually replace Windows or OS X without being a huge compromise for the sake of not using Windows/OS X.

gtk got wayland support since gtk3

>Sup Forums will never be free of shitposts
>Sup Forums will never be free of autists
>Sup Forums will never be free of shills

/thread

> Unity will move to wayland.
You mean Mir.

They didn't want to, use Sway instead.

>all dem butthurt botnet shills itt
delicious tears

>what is macOS

>macos
>free as in freedom
>inb4 muh colonel that's not even true

What is gentoo and slackware? They use OpenRC and BSD init scripts. Other distros allow you to uninstall the default systemd.

Wait for wayland to mature or just use framebuffers and terminal for everything

ALSA still exists

Linux-libre

>Other distros allow you to uninstall the default systemd.
Not really, if you try then it also uninstalls every single package and you can't install anything.

>wayland to mature
Wayland is critically flawed by design and there is not a single viable implementation right now (they're all incredibly buggy and unusable).

>ALSA
While it is objectively the best option, it's still shit. For example, no per-application audio streams. However it gives the clearest sound and has the least bugs right now.

>Wayland is critically flawed by design
explain

>using Linux as a personal operating system

You're literally doing it wrong. It will forever be a fucking mess. Its best suited for specific devices and tasks only. Not as a general use personal OS. For that, just use Windows 7 or macOS.

my sides!
>mfw GNU has been the better desktop OS for years already
>mfw with the new versions of homosex and wangblows, it will probably not change anytime soon

Linux - Never Free.

It's free as in you-can-run-photoshop-if-you-want-to-dom

maybe GNU should've actually finished hurd so they could've worked on that lisp based windowing system stallman was talking about

>>mfw GNU has been the better desktop OS for years already

No, it really hasn't. All distros are some level of real shit. Does Linux still kill SSDs?

>lisp based windowing system
this level of autism is why GNU is only at 2%

no care I just care if it wekrs and its not to intromisive to my routine
Example: Gnome was forcing me to play their game, now their are in my trash

It never did, unlike wangblows. Lmao.

DUDE sysvini/busybox init/openrc/upstart LMAO
DUDE tty LMAO
DUDE alsa LMAO
DUDE linux-libre/deblob.sh LMAO

I warned you about Red Hat

It's too late

>not embracing systemd and pulseaudio
>not realizing that widespread Wayland adoption is around the corner

The year of the Linux desktop has never been so close. For once, it isn't a giant clusterfuck of broken shit on the desktop.

no you didn't shill

Because they don't sell their own stuff.
Stallman said himself that people can sell shit and found companies. The only criterium is that the software respects the user's freedom.

The freetard communist community is the problem. Stallman is basically the privacy advocate version of Gates and Jobs

LINUX IS JUST THE KERNEL.

Hopefully never, I like being able to use it on freebsd

>>Sup Forums will never be free of autists
Then it literally wouldn't be Sup Forums.
It would be consumer whore shithole.

Only autists care about creepy nerd shit like GNU/Linux, programming (except "apping") and Free Software.

Gates and Jobs actually got shit done though
How widespread is HURD again?

>uncustomizable

why is that bad? so it's harder to get points in desktop threads?

>>Linux will never be free of SystemD
>what is openRC