Sup Forums I am taking an introduction to CS course next semester, and I know absolutely nothing about it...

Sup Forums I am taking an introduction to CS course next semester, and I know absolutely nothing about it. It is going to cover C++ mainly.

So what things do I need to know in order to impress my professor and fellow classmates, and make me look like a programming genius?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QM1iUe6IofM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

suck everyone's dick

kill yourself.

There will be some pretty qts in the course. I hope I make them wet by my knowledge in CS.

Tell them you are a white programmer and they will immediately nominate you as the next republican candidate for preserving white justice across the globe.

Sucking their cocks will be better.

Make sure they know that C++ is shit and they should be teaching you C. Everyone will be impressed with how elitest you are.

Why is C better? They'll prolly ask me that.

Learn how to programTuring Machines

Literally just write a hello world program so you know how to interact with a compiler from a CLI environment. Then make sure you understand the most important part, an extremely convenient feature called goto . It will change your life and make all your homework easy

>intro to CS
>C++

pick one

Why are trump supporting burgers so pretentious and retarded?

I'm honestly not joking?

I'm not kidding when I say this:
Watch lectures on YouTube on C++, and you'll know more than 80% of the students, even the ones who "have worked with" other languages.

And girls fail CS classes, so just help the girl out, make an array and share your tendies, and hope she likes your sense of humor.

grab 'em by da pussi :D

operators
variables
if
else
for
while
input
output

They're the worst.
Usually they haven't ever been able to make their own political opinions, so they have been parroting daddys view their whole life.

C is a lower level programming language, requiring more knowledge of it in order to program in it correctly, but ultimately offering more control to the programmer in regards to how their program operates.

>goto
Absolutely disgusting.

This is a good way to get grills in CS. Start a study group as well, get a mix of people, and if you have more than a few grills then your chance of getting it in with any of them increases.

>Sup Forums I am taking an introduction to CS course next semester, and I know absolutely nothing about it. It is going to cover C++ mainly.

Seriously? They're teaching intro to CS using fucking C++ in 2017? That's goddamn retarded.

I'm primarily a C++ programmer, btw. It's a horrid language for beginners. I watched so many newbs stumble over stupid shit like "cout

You will not impress your professor with anything you learn on Sup Forums
You cannot go from knowing nothing to be a genius without spending time with the subject.
A lot of intro courses include some assignments, ask a senior what those were and try to make them now.
It doesn't matter that you fail, this will just make it easier to ask questions when your professor has time.

C++ is more complex than C. It pays off when you are developing a high end program.

I will admit that being a C++ developer is the last thing you want to do in a big project.

I hate how so many professors and books ignore important things like that so whatever they try to teach you won't properly be processed. I eventually got things later - much, MUCH later but I got them but holy shit. Theory might be boring to some but it is very crucial to understanding.

are any of the grills attractive though? not OP But I am also starting a IT degree in a month and I'm sure most of the class will be beta. I'm pretty alpha, so hopefully I can get a couple roots.

But who in the fuck really wants a CS girl? It's a red flag.
This is actually how they teach C++

Well you do have a point.

The problem with programming courses (and conventions) is they like to hurry and apply knowledge in they never acquired.

Like they will never teach you what's a header or what is stdio.h before making the hello world program

Object Oriented Programming (OOP) is for hipsters. If they ask why two times in a row tell them it's because procedural programming is cleaner and more natural for you to think in. I don't think they will though, nobody who thinks for themself and ask questions like why take CS courses in college without already knowing how to program.

The world should be too complicated for any one programmer to solve all it's problems. What has been going on for a long time is the problems, usually people, have gotten easier to predict and manipulate. It seems that if every person subscribes to a service or service set, a single program or programmer could solve any problem, for the lack of one existing, hopefully this does not happen.

>How to spot a NEET.txt

I liked this when I watched it.
youtube.com/watch?v=QM1iUe6IofM

tell them you are a linux kernel dev

>Object Oriented Programming (OOP) is for hipsters

LOLWTF. The hipster thing is to hate on OOP. Or, if you have to do OOP, then you talk about how inheritance is universally horrible and composition is the one and only way to go in life.

>C offering more control than C++
You're retarded. C++, with some minor exceptions, is a superset of C.

Also, OP, now honestly, don't fall for the C meme. You will be known as the autistic kid.
And by saying that C is better than C++ you're actually admitting that you're too stupid to write decent code when given more than bare minimum features.

Pretty sure the hipsters stick with HTML, CSS, and JS

I watched it like 4 times.
Actual content = 0
Meaningless ramblings and opinions = 100%

You know he's opinionated when he claims his shitty video is the most important video you will ever find.

this

and hasklel

That's probably true, as long as you have necessary tools to navigate.

What exactly is Haskell used for in the current year of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ??

>fellow classmates

Your fellow classmates will be mouth breathing retards who are only looking for someone to copy off of. Don't bother associating with them.

Shitposting, mostly.

Idk it helps to have the code for a lab when you accidentally spent the whole week breaking your dick off to some loli trap gyaru shimapan doujin/hentai with Nightcore playing in the background

There is an argument that holds water, at my cc they will teach an entire oop structure around a mysql table and php code for something that could be written in 10 or so lines of procedural php, they create an oop structure with many files and classes and much more than is necessary to teach the core concepts of what the program is supposed to do. Students end up learning the structure of oop rather than how to program.

I am one of these victims. Without knowing how shit in C++ worked, only knowing some basic syntax, I moved on to other languages to start learning - mainly python and C#. Started coming back to C++ a week or so ago, and so much shit is starting to make sense to me now - even headers, which I had no idea about when I first learned C++. Most things were just being a monkey because of the way I was taught - not to truly understand how things worked.

What a load of absolute horseshit.

@1:38

> "I think it's possible to occasionally program with classes in a way that is benign"

>"Doing this pervasively, though, is a bad idea. Where it goes wrong is when you try to shove every function of your code, every behavior, into a datatype"

Done. That guy is a fucking retard. Yeah, guess what, OOP works well, and it doesn't work too well when you try to force things into objects that don't lend themselves to being objects.

NO FUCKING SHIT, SHERLOCK.

Seriously, fuck that guy. I'm done with that video. He's already establishing vague criteria and it appears that his entire point is to simply argue against ALWAYS doing something. OH LOOK AT FUCKING ME, I FIGURED OUT THAT YOU CAN'T **ALWAYS** USE THE SAME APPROACH.

Fuck him, and fuck anyone who uses this form of argument. Functional programming is bad because sometimes there are situations that it doesn't work well in, so it's bad all the time.

>going into a field you no nothing about
holy crap kill yourself

Imagine how a kid is going to fare in modern C++.

"No, don't use new. Use unique_ptr and..."

"Wait, what's new?"

"Oh, uh, new allocates memory on the heap and constructs an object, an instance of a class"

"Uhhhhh"

"But anyway, yeah, don't ever call new, it's bad because people aren't responsible with it..."

"You mean like condoms?"

"Um. Yeah. unique_ptr protects us from our base nature in much the same way that condoms keep you from getting the herp."

Programming geniuses don't take COS-101.

This is what happens when Sup Forums is the default board for chillruns app-posting with their phone.

Are you honestly not joking?

Install gentoo