Cold Weather

Who here is benefiting from the cooler weather this winter?

This picture is like 8 years old.

Modern computers run fine in the summer.

mine don't bitch

I keep catching my wife closing the window next to the pc. I explained it to her. She just doesn't care.

I live in Florida so theres no difference

>mfw 45ºc summer
>mfw -19ºc winter
>mfw my gpu is always is at 60ºC at full load with the same fucking 40% fixed fan speed

I don't.

Woah, it's almost as if it's not -19c in your house/apartment/basement.

wheres the inbetween? thats me

That just means you don't have a modern computer...

>mfw setting the heat to 80 degrees because cold it for poor people but it's okay because I have proper ventilation and cooling on my machine

I do

don't buy amd next time

desu the only thing im benefiting from is that im not sweating
my pc stays the same temp all year round

Underload room temperature is almost irrelevant desu.

i have a 390 haha

>tfw Australian

my case is filled with blue leds

im fine

plug.dj is dead.

>tfw you live in a shithole but you still have central A/C
I can't imagine what it's like not having air conditioning

I have that case, I wish it wasn't so smol

Do you people live in wood shacks or under bridges shitposting on your ThinkPads? Why would the outside temps matter when inside your house should be between 60-80 f year round?

i live in britain, most of us have central heating, but not air-conditioning, as its only hot enough to justify that for like 2 weeks out of the year

our energy companies charge us out of the ass for heating, hundreds of old people die every winter because of it

sucks getting your energy from russia

So, if I have a red and a blue fan, will the temperature changes be removed and the computer run faster?

ACHTUNG

I live in California.

south or north? LA has been getting amazing rain last 2 weeks

what case is that? is the top hard drive cage completely removable (i wont need it)?

ive been wanting to do a kawaii minitx build

My heating doesn't work, I'm quite happy to have my electric heater

guess I can probably use my powermac without having to reflow the L3 cache chips every three days but I haven't bothered to set it up yet

I have my heater set at 61 degrees. Its comfy as fuck.

Canada

I do

what the

Dude

It be rainin in da bay my boi.

The magik of Dark Technology.

get purple led fans, takes less space...

and you get the bonus of super speed and ultra cool.

gosh these retards in this board nowadays...

Not me, it's 3 am right now and 68°F/20°C outside and will rise to ~85°F/30°C. We don't have seasons here.

I'm actually gonna get blue leds soon. I'm tired of the constant WRRRRRRRRRRRR of my fans

>C2D
Nice
>DDR2
Pic related

Mine literally heats the whole room during winter.

Upgrade your CPU to a Core 2 Quad for cheap.

>23°C maximum in winter on a passive cooler
>?°C in summer

So far this 5350 APU is pretty good

It's pretty cold inside I'd guess 20-22 celcius. I don't notice a difference on my computer compared to summer.

Same but Finland and only 1-5 days that would need AC. I get all my energy dirtcheap from hydroelectric tho, monthly 5€.

>used to do "pc gaming masterrace" with my GPU running CSGO at 720p 40fps with temps reaching into the 100-105s
>unironically put a desk fan into my case for more cooling

>-25C outside
>central heating works so hard i'm sweating like a pig
>it's about 33C inside
Not me

>our energy companies charge us out of the ass for heating
>it's the boogeyman Russia's fault

>sucks getting your energy from russia
Thank green energy scam for this.
Carbon emissions are taxed by your gubment and Jews thats why

If not for them that would cost ike fucking nothing.

I have 3 computers running BOINC keeping my room toasty. Haven't had to use the central heat at all.

>tfw your fireplace finds neutron stars and cures cancer instead of just uselessly burning wood

>22 in room at summer
>20 in room at winter
Wow, much improvement.

Never understood this picture

Are you using your pc outside or do you not have ac or central heating?

I get the same temps regardless of where I'm at or what time of year it is.

what the fuck is that?

Mine.I also have a i7 Sandy Bridge laptop.CPU temp on that laptop is around 50C-65C

Gee I wonder what the bottleneck of that system is.

What is that a screenshot of? I've acquired like 5 raspberry pi's and was thinking of throwing them in a corner somewhere running boinc.

happy pinch bro

>Cooler weather

People don't have their homes heated incredibly high in the winter, its too expensive. Ask your parents.

>tfw after 8 years I changed the stock amd cooler on my 965BE
Fuck that shit was a jet engine

>too expensive

Where in the fuck do you live?

My bill is fixed retard.

in the case of britain's energy it actually is though, try learning about it sometime, kid

How shitty are your houses for it to get colder inside during winter?

Americans?

>giving any fucks about Cukland
>giving enough fucks to bother reading about how they get Cukd in ways you hadn't known before
hahahahaha. no thanks

>tfw speccy doesn't want to display negative degrees.

Man, I feel for you. I'm in brissy and it's only like mid 30's and it's fucked.

Eternal summer in the tropics right here in Flipland. Slightly cooled every January.

buht global warming is reeeeel! i'm super serial guize!!! why wont anyone listenn to meeee!!! guiiiize!!!!!!!

we should be more worried about the fumes and toxic trash being dumped by the megatonnes into the oceans/atmosphere by asians rather than reducing home power consumption by 1% ... people are fucking stupid.

room temp is around 16-17c

>believing speccy temps
top kek.

you sound 12

"i dont care about X but i need to throw my retarded opinion in there anyway"

get the fuck off Sup Forums, kid

Is there any reason not to?

My apartment has really shitty insulation,so I'm sitting in a ghetto kotatsu made of an oak table covered in a blanket with an electric heater underneath it. It has my PC on it.

Summers are fine, because the inside of the apartment is fucking cold, anyway.

>Implying my computer is less than 8 years old

>da bay
gaming at 3am is sooo good
somehow I get 47C under max load on R9 Fury

>be me
>be australian
>its summer here and heatwave 35-45 c
>but have aircon
>so its all good

whip scorpion, they're really cool

>Have heat and AC
>Not poor
>Literally no difference in summer vs winter temps

>This aspect of my life is a certain way so everyone's must be the same otherwise they're retarded
>autistic screeching intensifies

you mean your parents aren't poor

In winter I put my tower on the floor and open the side to stick my toes in the extra HDD racks

feels warm man

How much was all that stuff

>amd stock cooler plus corsair fans in a case with no sound dampening

Yeah there's no benefit really.

Most people actually pay for the energy we use because we aren't communists or losers.

>lying on the internet

>New build
>CPU idle ~22c
>GPU idle 40c
Is this normal? Or should the GPU be cooler when idle?

>shower
aussies only shower when it rains.

>Not cooling your house to 19° all year round because heat is for shitskins who evolved near the equator
Found pajeet

Where the fuck do you live? In every country I've lived the bill's been according to use.

>Hybrid cooled GTX 1080
>Rarely exceeds 60* C
Just pajeet problems I suppose.

I just took out my back and top case fans and trying to figure out how to keep the temperature under control. Might have to downclock my CPU. I should really upgrade, my i7 950 is nuclear reactor tier for no reason.

tfw multitasking with my pc and letting it run 24/7 with bit coin mining and it's still not enough to warm up my room

what a useless piece of heater. it doesn't even create as much heat as you guys project it to be you babies

He's cute! C U T E !

those bloomfields run hot, my old 920 @4ghz turned the top exhaust to a hand warmer under load.

you'd have to be running a computer like this to get any meaningful amount of heat

tfw ivy bridge cpu
tfw caught it above 100c for about a minute during video games the other day

This case is fucking retarded, the hot air coming off of the graphics card goes straight into the cpu fan.

those are not normal temperatures for Ivy Bridge

>blue leds
I have white led's. It's like a fucking blizzard in there, bro

i know, my case is shit and i'm using the stock cooler, but i'm too poor (for now) to get an upgrade, unless you count a hyper 212 as an upgrade (over the stock cooler that i'm using)

I don't have an issue even in the dead of summer. My GPU and CPU cooler do their jobs.