Let's be honest here

Let's be honest here
OSX is the only OS that has no practical value whatsoever. If it stopped existing all of a sudden one day, no one would care.

>Windows
Professional content creators use windows
Office tasks and desktops are on windows
Gamers use windows
A few Servers run on windows

>Linux
IT, sysadmins use Linux
Supercomputers, embedded chip and Android runs on Linux
Linux and FreeBSD has top quality emulation technology
Majority of Servers run on Linux

>Mac OSX
Tech illiterate hipsters that need a shiny facebook machine need OSX
Unironically faggots use OSX even Apple CEO is a faggot and steve jobs was a smelly hipster who thought taking shower is not necessary (Not kidding)

>hurr durr I'm not poor
Buying organic water to prove otherwise is not only dumb but also laughable

Find me ONE reason that validates OSX's existence
PROTIP: You can't

inb4 butthurt macfags

i enjoy it because it has a native terminal and works well. im just a humble scientist though, not a hardcore video-game streaming professional.

god bless.

>tfw physics major

>native terminal

So does Linux and Windows has command prompt/powershell

>works well

Attempt to install some new hardware or basically any program downloaded from the internet, no it doesn't

neuroscientist here (phD). all my heavy lifting is done on a super cluster. all my coding is done on my little mbp. its comfy. i enjoy it. ive never met a scientist that used anything but a mbp, Sup Forums is like a weird bizarro world to me where everyone hates macs. i assume because most people here arent devs but videogamers? who knows, im not one to judge

pleb devs (look up: bro coder) use macs while actual devs use Window and Linux depending on what they work on

>Attempt to install some new hardware or basically any program downloaded from the internet, no it doesn't

dont have any need to install new hardware. all the programs i use are much easier to run/install on a mac since fellow scientists all use macs and so they write their stuff from that perspective.

dunno what to tell you friend, beyond "works for me; won't fix".

>mactoddler tries to argue

>basically any program downloaded from the internet
Move the .app or make install. Easy

kk if you say so. just sharing my experience as a humble scientist thats been putting around on macs for about 15 years doing computational neuroscience stuff. whatever works for you though, no skin of my back.

So what Mac-only technology do you use there?

>native terminal

Do you idiots not realize that EVRY computer has some sort of shell 6 feet under the shitty UI??

Do you realize how much computers had to be bent out of shape and beaten into submission just so idiots can flick through facebook on a 12 inch touchpad?

>t. mactoddler

So is this the new daily shitpost? Time to update the filter.

i dont think any of the software i use is mac-specific. they all have nice homebrew packages which make installation much less of a hassle though which i appreciate.

i enjoy the terminal on my mac, reminds me of linux without the hassle of having to run linux 24/7. linux is great for the clusters but having used it for years it become a bit of a headache. i write the code i need (C++/Python/C) in a simple IDE or VIM on my mbp and run it for a few weeks on the cluster. comfy.

kk

>t. mactoddler

>lincucks can't get this
stay mad poorfags

Only decent thing there is fcpx and other softwares still do the same shit

macOS is pretty decent for programming. not as powerful as linux, but still better than Windows i would say

shit, shit and shit.
Git gud and use the adobe line of image/audio/video shopping tools.
>stay mad macfag

>t. mactoddler

>using literal trash that even applel knows is shit

Oh i use that too. Too bad Adobe CS is actually bloated trash and the only reason it still exists is because of wincucks. Sketch is better than AI, FCP > Premiere, etc

>neuroscientist PHD who programs his super cluster on a MBP and still has time to shit post cartoon women on a Mongolian basket weaving forum

Okay, sure

that's not what i said at all though? i write the code for sims on my mbp usually in NEURON or NEST, then push them to the BlueGene cluster to run for a few weeks. It's saturday friend. working on weekends is a cardinal sin

>putting FreeBSD in the GNU/Linux category
I'm quoting you, OP.

>t. mactoddler

see

Shut up Dekomori.

>Find me ONE reason that validates OSX's existence

You literally already did

>Tech illiterate hipsters that need a shiny facebook machine need OSX

These people exist, so OSX exists.

To be fair, any computer could do that. You mentioned C++ right? I don't know an OS without a compiler for that.

Naturally. Just turns out the the MBP does what I need to do very well while simultaneously having a litany of features out of the box that minimizes wasted time. I enjoy it, and have enjoyed it for a bit more than a decade. I don't see my self ever going back to the struggle of Linux on my primary machine

How will mactoddlers ever recover?

I bet you are paid shill

>If it stopped existing all of a sudden one day, no one would care.

Not exactly true. Normies love OS X.

The whole "just werks" thing is more important to normal people than you realize.

Normal people have jobs and families and lives and shit. They don't want to sit around and fuck with Windows Updates, force-restarts, "please wait while we update your computer", anti-virus, etc.

honestly the way you install programs on Windows is tedious and unnecessary.

>google the program you want
>try to find the correct site from a list of sketchy sites
>try to find the actual "Download" button among a bunch of fake download buttons
>run the installer.exe
>click "next" a bunch of times
>make sure not to uncheck the boxes that install crapware and toolbars you don't want
>hope you don't get a virus

only plebs use Windows, don't kid yourself.

>just werks
>t. mactoddler

The Windows command prompt is garbage

Also, Powershell isn't even close to up-to-par.

Final Cut Pro is the only useful thing there, and I'm not a professional video editor (and neither is anyone else on this board) so I don't give a fuck about it.

I don't use mac you faggot

KEK

Pretty much all of the creative industry relies on Macs. I would run Linux but no Creative Suite/Sketch support is a dealbreaker.

Also a good chunk of contractor developers I know use Macs, use a OS X workflow and use Virtual Machines if they really have to run Windows, if you really think Windows is better than OS X then you clearly haven't used either properly.

>t. mactoddler

Pretty much this.
In general terms, it's the middle of the spectrum of operating systems in a lot of ways. It doesn't have all of the options linux has, but it isn't as locked down (from personal experience) as windows is. It has less professional. programs than windows, but more than linux.
This is all just my experience though

>Calling other people toddlers when you have the reading comprehension of a third grader

OSX shits on both Windows and Linux on laptops if you use your computer for more things than watching anime and shitposting on Sup Forums

>t. mactoddler

> try to find the correct site from a list of sketchy sites
> try to find the actual "Download" button among a bunch of fake download buttons
The fact you find this difficult enough to consider them separate steps really shows why you use OSX

It's literally
> Google program
> Download
> Install
Wow-wee

>respect my opinions because i am who I say I am on the internet
you're not a scientist, just a stupid shill in a basement

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Can we sticky this thread already?

Scientist coders are the worst coders though.

In my experience Apple users tend to be older people, like retirees and shit. Should call em gerimactrics.

upvoted

>scientist
>god