What's the best TV for gaming nowadays?

What's the best TV for gaming nowadays?
I'm looking for low input lag and HDR mostly. 4K too for future proofing, as it's not much more expensive than 1080p anymore.

Samsung KS8000 is recommended in many reviews, but it doesn't have component or composite ports.

get a plasma.
o w8 you were too young for that so you missed out on the best tech ever released... ever.
enjoy your shit viewing angles, shit input lag etc.

This.
Stop playing games. Go out and get a job.

you mean that expensive, flickery thing that burns in? i thought it went away for a reason.

I would if I could. I'm looking for the best I can get right now.

I wouldn't be thinking of new TVs if I didn't have a job.

high end Samsung, Vizio, Sony and LG

get whatever looks best to you

Are Sonys still good? I've read a lot about the newer models having very high input lag.

Samsung ks8000 or Samsung ks9000 if you want to up the money.

Don't bother with LG OLED as its new tech and prone to fuck up.

I saved you hours of research. Now go buy either.

I forgot to add, what the fuck are you doing with composite or component ports anyway? For older systems look to see if those consoles have converters or buy a converter box. Yeah they can get pricy but hell if want to hook up old tech go right ahead.

Personally, I would drop $1200 and build a micro itx gaming rig and install all emulators for older consoles.

even the cheapest models had that shit fixed.

lol they still haven't fixed stuck/dead pixels nor the lightbleed.
fucking worthless tech. not even good power saving wise anymore either.
literally no reason to buy LCD besides giving rich snobs better profit margins.

>can't emulate xbox
>wii games are glitchy/slow
>lack of controller support for the most part
emus can never replace the real thing sadly.

Yeah, KS8000 looks like the way to go. 9000 doesn't seem to offer much for the increase in price though.
As for OLED, I've been holding off getting a new TV while waiting it to mature half a decade now, but it still isn't and I'm tired of being stuck with my 9 year old 720p.

Pretty much what said. I have my PC connected to my TV right now for emulation, but I'll always rather play games on the real machines.

>stuck with my 9 year old 720p
desu nothing on the market is worth the price.
all you will find are lcds, which for obvious reasons are absolute shit, even the ultra expensive models.
meanwhile oled doesn't have the lifespan nor pricepoint to be viable.

unless you plan on getting a bigger t.v or plan on sitting closer to the new one, there's really nothing wrong with 720p, esp since you're used to it by now anyway.
1080p can hardly be considered an upgrade and 4k is just a meme considering the market is still milking customers rather than giving them hardware capable of making use of all those pixels effectively.

I bought a Samsung JS9000 late 2015 and it's worth every cent, so many people just wait fag and find so many reasons to rationally justify their thinking... 4K is great, although you might want to consider the upcoming swift PG27UQ which was recently announced, 4K 120hz IPS with HDRR, finally making its way in monitors.

Otherwise just check rtings website, I'd rather have the screen space and I'll get other monitors on the long run. Sony nearly went bankrupt a couple of years back, it's mostly between Samsung and LG for OLED. OLED has terrible latency and burn in issues so LED is still to way to go.

4K is not a meme if you have usage for it and you have the gpu power to run it, I still have my previous Sony 1080p for movies though for pixel perfect content just for the accuracy because 1080p blown looks really bad.

HDR is honestly a shit gimmick meme, save yourself the money.

Ambient occlusion shows thru HDR even on regular photo browsing because the usual octacore processors do the work on screen to interpret the signal, this is progressive tech just like quantum dot but one can be fine with one dimensional thinking. I'd rather read a book on paper than thru bits on a screen but in this case the bits add depth of nuance in emotion which you may lack or maybe you might be passive to which is completely fine for productivity, but based content use it as a standard. Also fuck marketing viewed as a driver of progress rather a new tool to set new standards in forward thinking

My current 720p is a pretty ok mid-range Sony, but it's 32". I imagine a 55" KS8000 for example would be quite an improvement in every way.
I know I won't get a lot out of 4K now, but I think it'd be stupid to buy 1080p now and have to upgrade again to 4K in few years when it really takes off.

I have GTX760 that doesn't have the juice for games in 4K, but desktop and 4K videos should be fine, right?
Also, next generation of consoles probably handles 4K properly. Not talking about PS4 Pro or Scorpio mind you.

>1080p blown looks really bad.
Isn't that a scaler issue?

>Played dota on a plasma for a year cos too poor for monitor
>minimap burned into screen

I have a Samsung 8 series and love it. Beautiful screen, lowest input lag, HDR, 4k, 10 year screen guarantee. I only have a 49" and wish I had gone a little bigger but I wanted the best I could get for the price over a slightly bigger but lower quality s teen from another company.

I recently bought the Sony XD80, which is apparently the cheapest 4K HDR display out there right now and I'm really happy with it.
Latency is just about as low as the KS8000 so works fine for games too.

GTX760 only runs 4K at 30hz because of the HDMI port limitation. No TV panels support DP.

You'd need minimum HDMI 2.0 on any of the 900 series upwards.

Try picking up a 1050Ti or 960 for playback (460?) Then download SVP (smooth video project) to run 60fps movies .

I'm using an Ama Basics DVI to HDMI 2.0 which I'd recommend over HDMI.

gratz, I'd really recommend trying out another HDMI 2.0 cable less than 6ft to get that ycbcr444 you may get different options on the control panel. For instance I could do ycbcr420 but 444 on another. besides these panels are 120hz if they're marketed as 240hz with interpolation

anyone complaining about gaymen latency just doesn't see the exp from a screen wall and besides that now with fast sync (900 series upwards again) no tearing

this. i still use my dads old panasonic plasma for playing and watching films. everything looks gorgeous even if it's only 720p/1080i (but I sit 4 meters away from it so whatever)

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check it out.

Oh, I didn't realize that about 760. Oh well, I'm planning on upgrading my PC at some point anyway. Thanks for the info.

>I'll check it out.
Keep in mind that if you're in the US, the model is called X800D instead. rtings has a good overview of the ups/downs of it.