FIRST 2 MILLION NINTENDO SWITCH SOLD OUT IN 12 HOURS

forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2017/01/13/the-nintendo-switch-is-already-sold-out-almost-everywhere/#4d7bfa88f6eb

>muh specs
>its going to flop!
>no ones going to pay 299 for it!

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2017/1/13/14267246/nintendo-switch-joy-con-controller-hands-on
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>hdmi cable
that's so nice of them to include one

>muh specs
>its going to flop!
Who would've guessed that children still exist? What a concept, right?

The Wii U sold out on launch too. Maybe you are too young to remember.

you know that the first batch selling well doenst matter at all if the sale numbers drop vigorously after right?

Why the fuck is this on Sup Forums

Kill yourself

>everyone should have the same opinions and preferences as me
fuck off you big baby

Nintendo Fans are retarded more news at 10.

Now go back to Sup Forums

Selling 2mil units doesn't mean it'll succeed.
The real question is how many of those 2mil are scalpers trying to flip them? Given what we've seen with that NES Classic, a very good number of scalpers are buying them to flip.

The WiiU has sold 13mil units worldwide, that number is a very sad, pathetic number. And hey wouldn't you know it 2mil is a smaller number!

> Wii U

> Underestimating the number of retarded 12-year olds with their mommy's credit card on a planet with 8 billion mouth breathers.

tl;dr -- 2 million is nothing in today's consumer market.

had to beg people to buy the tablet instead of the stocks.

fuck off kid, 18+ board

sage

wrong board; fuck off already

Except it didn't. It sold 600k after 8 weeks.

Nothing personell

I ordered 2 for me and my gf.

>The Switch's online is only $25 for a year
>The console comes with a code for a free year
> everything up til Fall is free anyways
>accepts sd cards for additional storage

>Nintendo never go compete in the specs market.
>He does inovation on gameplay and produce enjoyable games.
so specs are not a problem there.

you cant graphis buw a pc, you want fun and inovation gaymes .... go for nintendo.

>vita
>released 2011
>switch
>released 2017
kill yourself

what about your gf's son?

Source on that $25 a year for online, haven't seen any price listed myself.

Launch vita didn't have any storage.
And as far as I remember it launched at 200$

Literally No, it's not technology. It's a toy. Even programmable dildos are more relevant than this.

She's 25, educated, employed and has no kids.

>$299
>nobody would pay for it on that amount
isn't it the same price like the 3ds xl on release? I honestly think that only basement man children are the only ones that can't afford spending $300

THIS

And 3ds did so bad that nintedo had to slash the price by 100-150$ because they closed towards 0 sales.
I dont see how this makes it any better.

Weirdly enough, re-releasing the new 3ds gave them more significant sales, even though you can't homebrew with it, well without hardmodding at least.

Two joycons: $79.99
Extra joycon grip: $29.99
Extra dock: $89.99
Total: 199.97

Which means...

Nintendo switch itself is $100! CHEAP! Instead of just buying the accessories, buy multiple console packages!

>Trying to scalp something people are complaining is too expensive before the scalper extra
Scalpers are scum, but they're not completely stupid...

ill buy it when its $200 and actually has gaems

>Sup Forums thread in Sup Forums
WTF MODS MODS MODS

Never. Wiiu is still the same price and Nintendo games never go on sale.

Most of the buyers are scalpers. That's the problem with this.

Scalpers ALWAYS make sure to clean out the first batch so they can create a artificial demand to bump up the price they can sell this shit for.

And whatever doesn't sell, they return a month later to get back their money.

so, this thing is just a tablet right? pointless. the only nintendo console i've ever bought was a wii u and i regret it.

sage

btfo they can't even post on their own board anymore. Nintendo won 2017, sonyfag and msfag on suicide watch !

THE YAR OF THE LINUX DESKTOP ! It's Happening !

Praise the Kek ! Meme magic prophet !

red room cheese pizza, nice tea table.

too soon user too soon

install gentoo

FPBP

lol

nintendo usually sells their products for profit at about a 30% margin

that would mean the tablet is ~$200

Nintendo spent roughly 560 million on r&d for the switch they already made profit on the first sale of 2 million consoles. Anything after this is gravy money

>what is profit vs revenue
whew lad

Are you ok?
Do you need help?

I-I'm here to talk if you want.

Children are obviously going to buy it for portable skyrim, fifa, and other children games. If they put a Call of Duty on the thing, it will sell even more

nobody ever defended the vita

I know why I unsubbed from that guy

Do you happen to also know why were you subbed to him in the first place?

>$299

That's nothing for a long-term toy. A night out for 2 at a nice restaurant is $120 or so.

I don't know what this shit is but is it basically something that plays autism games like some 2D mario whatever thing? Why do people still play the same game for like 20 years?

His daily vlogs were interesting for a while but everything got more obnoxious and stupid over time

Can I put 3DS carts on this bitch?

What about WiiU disks?

this, I easily spend more than that on shit that doesn't last half as long. Ever gone to a professional sporting event? 2 tickets will cost you $300 and it's a single night, and your team can lose.

is forbes even a reliable source? seems like one of those fake news sites

haha no

buy everything again

No. Enjoy rebuying your games on their eshop ;^)

>The WiiU has sold 13mil units worldwide
yeah, and it took it over a month to sell the number that the switch has managed to sell in less than two days
sure, selling 2mil units might not signal success, but the fact that it's this early on is a pretty big indicator

>forbes
fuck you OP

I think the Switch will do a lot better than the Wii U, at least in the first 2 years anyway. I pre-ordered it and I stopped buying Nintendo stuff pretty early into the 7th gen because I was disappointed with Smash on the Wii.

>Negative 3 months
>Already sold 1/5th what the wii u did
Fuuug

what about one for jamal

that guy is so fucking ugly

DELETE THIS!

>the Switch has already outsold Bloodborne
Nintendo won, everybody go home.

Everyone who attended school knows that children became extinct in developed countries since the baby pill. All of our youth now is imported from syria, china and india.

>switch releases
>WiiU bumps down to 200 Euro
>buy a used one for 150 plus games

I-it c-can still happen r-right ?

It was 600 million after 8 weeks.

I can get a vita for 120 Euro and games are about ten people.
It is fucking portable instead of only usable with a fucking messenger bag.
Best console for Weebshit, which is why people buy japanese tech anyway

>Ps4 launch in Europe
>stand in line on midnight release
>was there a day early, so i am among the first 5
>clock hits twelve and store opens
>security guy comes out with his team
>says they will only sell two consoles max per person
>after speech, first guy in line is trying to convince the security guy to let him buy the stock while waggeling 200 euros obviously in his face
>look behind me
>entire line gets ready to beat this shithead up
>security guy sends him away while he sees that
>my fucking face when

I am so glad the stores are now implementing these policies. Fuck scalpers and their shit, i saw PS4s for about a 1000 euros on ebay for half a year.

>2 million nintendoyearolds

I've preordered

The switch has 2 launch titles, not 8.

>Most of the buyers are scalpers.

Nintendo have confirmed they will have enough stock on launch day.

Yeah, that definitely held true for the Wii U.
Launch sales mean nothing if it picks up later right?

>2 launch titles

Nintendo have confirmed it's 8 in the launch week.

What's the use of this device?

This is the biggest lie being repeated. The WiiU didn't sell well at launch. The Switch already has 10 times more preorders

>What's the use of this device?

theverge.com/2017/1/13/14267246/nintendo-switch-joy-con-controller-hands-on

love it when games are only about ten people.

You can hack any of the 3DS family without hardmodding.

The pre-order which I've put no money down for on Amazon and will be cancelling before launch is one of those "sales". Good luck with that.

>americunts buy airpods
>americunts buy gimped console
>proof they would buy any piece of shit

OP confirmed to be a faggot because he is surprised

Source? that would literally be a first

>portable skyrim
enjoy no mods, half hour battery, shit graphics on a game that uses graphics and mods to appeal people because it's boring as fuck.

>half hour battery
it's 6 hours

>being this deluded
nigger, skyrim will take every ounce of processing power that shit tablet has to even start and keep up with the framerate, even if it is 10fps. I wonder what will happen first, battery will die or it will reboot after overheating?

>i saw PS4s for about a 1000 euros on ebay for half a year.
How? Why? There cannot be a shortage of PS4s for 6 months.

>2 MILLION

Where is this number coming from?

Whenever I see posts like this I wonder what kind of person it takes to be that insecure

I can play Skyrim on the train while PCfags can't.

Switch can be charged while playing using an external battery pack.

dunno about your shops, but a friend of mine didn't get one until one year after launch.

Well cucks need something to play while Tyrone is over :)

You shoud fuck off back to and kill yourself together with the faggot OP.

are there any PC controllers that have a similar analog stick layout to the wii classic ? i like how this lets your thumb rest straight. i don't know why they decided to go back to this.

>being this deluded
my mistake it's 6 hours for most of the games and 2.5 to 3h for the more resource hungry games.

Still people are missing one major fact, this is not a handheld console nor a tablet. Its literaly a more powerful wiiU that you can bring with you anywhere and play if you want to.
It's the laptop of home consoles, truly a revolution.

Yes there's a lot to speculate and maybe it wont be a good gaming device, but all we can do now is wait and see.

All day gaming

my point. Most are treating this as the next 3DS when in fact is just a home console that offers the convenience of taking it off the dock and move it around the house. Still the people talking about Skyrim (so far the only important 3rd party title) somehow can't remember why everyone loves Skyrim and it isn't because of it's vanilla gameplay or it's low settings graphics.

I will never understand why people will defend something despite it's clear flaws. Use any argument you want to defend the switch, you have convenience to "mario games" because fuck it, some people like to only play that and zelda games or mario kart and it's ok.

>I can play Skyrim on the train while PCfags can't.
yes you can, at low settings and no mods. I guess that if you play it like that at home you will be fine.
>Switch can be charged while playing using an external battery pack.
I guessed so, it's just a tablet. Hope overheating isn't an issue.

Except you can, even on the latest version

>I will never understand why people will defend something despite it's clear flaws.
well if they're either unmoortant enough that they don't lower the value enough, or they're trumped up like in this case, that's a decent reason to defend it.

Who knew people would fall for the hype, wow, incredible, never happened before! NES Mini, an overpriced, locked down official emulator with official roms which anybody could make themselves for cheaper sold out in seconds too???? WOW DOES NINTENDO'S STREAM OF SUCCESS EVER END????????????????

>>muh specs
They're still shit

>>its going to flop!
Dreamcast sold like crazy when it was new and it literally died in 2 years

>>no ones going to pay 299 for it!
Nobody ever said that besides complete retards and jealous poorfags

Once people play it for a bit and the novelty wears off, it'll literally become a meme

I got one, plan to sell it on eBay for double the price.

>PSV
>$300
Only for the useless 3G version, 250 otherwise.
>3h battery
False.
>8 launch games
No idea. But I think there was, like, 5 at least?
>512MB
Actually none. 2k has 1GB.

>Switch
>8 launch games
False. It's basically one, maybe two.
>32GB storage
And massive game sizes.

Nice try. Not.