How is Ryzen supposed to beat the i3 and i5 series? If a Ryzen processor goes for $400 and the newest i5 goes for $250

How is Ryzen supposed to beat the i3 and i5 series? If a Ryzen processor goes for $400 and the newest i5 goes for $250.

from the shitposts i've read here, it's supposed to compete with intels $1000 cpus
i have no idea what the speculation/purposed performance of their low-mid tier chips are supposed to be priced at.

>How is Ryzen supposed to beat the i3 and i5 series?
It's not, it's supposed to at least match them at similar clock frequency yet cost like half as much. The 8-core zen in particular is what most people are eager about matching an i7-5960X yet cost like ~$500.

Is that one being released on February 28th? I've been waiting to build my fucking computer since December.

I'm using a garbage Intel core 2 that keeps overheating and I'm tired of waiting.

>Ryzen
>Relase
Pick one AMD's 14nm production is shit an the yeilds are dreadful.

8 core 16 thread Intel parts are $1000 AMD is competing against that not their midrange for now

Like everything AMD, they will have reasonably competitive prices in the US and cost the same as or even more than Intel everywhere else in the world. That is of course if they have similar performance and don't just release another low cost turd like bulldozer.

AMD is trying to break the stigma of bargain bin/cheap cpu. Good on them for doing this, R&D is not cheap. If your mad then stop being poor.

>How is Ryzen supposed to beat the i3 and i5 series?

you are right it can't its just blunt hype and a scheme to fool newfag investors.

AMD = ANOTHER MASSIVE DISAPOINTMENT

get that into your head. don't buy pajeet garbage.

>Pick one AMD's 14nm production is shit an the yeilds are dreadful.
(you).

>Obvious concern troll

Zen SKU with 4 cores will be priced below the level of the low end locked i5/i7's. Zen is very close to the IPC of Broadwell, so it shouldn't have difficulty outperforming chips like the i5-7400 which runs at 3.0/3.5. The 8-core Zen processor is matched to performance with the 6900k in some benchmarks, so it should vastly outperform even unlocked intel 4c offerings for workstation use. The 6 core Zen should be competitive in price and performance against the unlocked i5/i7's from intel as well.

>Like everything AMD, they will have reasonably competitive prices in the US and cost the same as or even more than Intel everywhere else in the world
pretty much this
AMD ignores every other market on earth and don't understand why their market share is shit
Captcha: Argentine Calle

>Zen SKU with 4 cores will be priced below the level of the low end locked i5/i7's.
Do you work for AMD and are you leaking us the price or just a shitposter?

Nice refutation of his argument

Neck yourself.

>to beat the i3 and i5 series? If a Ryzen processor goes for $400
Are you dumb

They're going to have a full range of different CPUs

starting with
r3 - 150~ dollaridoos
r5 - 250~ dollaridoos
r7 - 350~ dollaridoos
r7 overclocked edition™ - 500~ dollaridoos

Where are you getting this information?

""""""""""""leaks""""""""""""

Do you have any evidance this is no longer the case?

You need to be at least 18 to post on this site

So they still haven't released the price?
Or let anybody else benchmark their CPUs?
Isn't the release like 1 month from now?

>what is poolaris
Either fucking stop this blatant shitposting or fucking neck yourself.
>Or let anybody else benchmark their CPUs?
CanardPC reviewed A0 sample. They'll send final silicon probably at the start of February.

>CanardPC reviewed A0 sample
Where are the benchmarks? How did a baguette pc news site get access to it before anybody else?

When final prices are announced you'll find out.

They are the only faggots in the world that are not under NDA so they got A0 sample and validation mobo somewhere. Well, Zen has ~Broadwell-E IPC.

So where are the benchmarks?

Google them you dumbfuck.

>So they still haven't released the price?
Why would they do this?

You'll know when it's out

I did and I couldn't find it, probably something to do with being a frog eating site, unless you're lying of course.

God fucking dammit literally first google result is leddit with pictures of benchmarks.

and for some reason you can't share those?

Ordering the i5-6600K right now.

I don't want to wait.

>6600k
kek

im really not fanboi of any side,i even had couple of Athlons/Phenoms back in a day.
But I must notice, all my friends/colegues (who are in AMD "camp")have percived value as no.1 reason when chosing cpus/mobos/gpus.

Like,their whole targeted market is composed of people who would never ever Ever give more than 500$ for their whole build. You can offer them 20 cores/40ht @5.0 stock,turbo 9.0ghz,all that at 25C,unlocked multiplyer,14nm,stable oc to 14.0 ghz on stock cooler,6x64mb esram cache,integrated gpu in rang of gtx980 for 699$ and no AMD fanboi would buy it, ever.
~199$ cpu+40$mbo(that will last 5 builds)+199$ gpu= this is where AMD targeted audience lays,always has been and alwaysmwill be.
On the other hand , i bet Zen fiercest opponent will be plain i5 6500 with 1070mbo (enabled blck),2x8 ddr4 2666mhz paired with plain old gtx970(for 1080p@60) and rx480 8gb (lets be fair here, for ~1440@60-90hz)or gtx 1070(4k@30-75hz).
Poor(or really cheap ones) people buy AMD products, they had some success with hd4850,hd7850,hd7970 ghz ed and phenom II X4 965 BE,FX6300/8500(but,its more of anincostistency that proves the rule).
Sorry, but as it is(if i want ot go buy my pc today, not in 3-5months)Intel is the way to go on low end,mid end and high end,this is just an fact.

I have no faith in AMD to deliver anything of value. When was the last time an AMD a processor was worth buying—Phenom II?

Thanks for making your post unreadable friend

He didn't say anything anyway

I feel doubt in your heart. young one.

>Paying for more than what you need implies you are poor.

Wew

>implying I am gonna buy the more atm expensive 7600K
>implying I am gonna upgrade Win7 to Win10
>implying the I cannot undervolt and overclock my 6600K

>When was the last time an AMD a processor was worth buying
Bulldozer, five years ago. It hasn't even been that long, I still have my FX 6300.

Why would you buy no-SMT quad-core with sperm under heatspreader when Ry(Zen) is around the corner?

>bulldozer
very funny

I need the system now.
I can forever wait for anything.

Threshold of constantly waiting has exceeded.

yes,in an era where whole world is in financial shithole,where even Intel is aware that days of average buyer spending +2500$ on a build every 2-3 years are long gone and times of people waiting in lines for some new silicon bullshit are just an sweet jewlish memory long gone,AMD is proud to present 40%faster(if only) & 200% more expensive product. Thats the way to go.
If amd had slice of brain ,theywould integrate arm cpu beside their x64,now that would be an show changer

Why would you need the system now?

Should have bought that 6600k a year ago cuck

Never gonna listen to those stupid wait-fags again.

>j-just wait for Fiji
>j-just wait for Polaris!

If you're running heavily multithreaded applications and not games he is actually right...

The things may have run pretty hot under the collar compared to Intel's offerings, but AMD's biggest failure with Bulldozer was thinking that by the time they came out applications would be properly multithreaded. It's only happening right now as Zen is coming out.

That's what I did last July, all of Sup Forums was telling me to wait for Vega but I said fuck it and bought a 1070

What are you guys upgrading from?

t. waitfag

You did well, 1070 is a good card, a little bit pricey though. Now stop blogging and start discussing Zen.

fuck sake,buy i5 6500,ddr4 2x8 2666mhz,ASRock 1070(blck firmware), for the rest of the money buy me an big black dragoon digerdoo..you can thank me later when your build crush 2 tiers pricier riseN

>stop blogging
not blogging just telling him that he's not wrong by not listening to Sup Forums

>start discussing Zen
until we get a price and independent benchmarks there is nothing to discuss but their marketing buzzwords

hate amd or not you guys should be praying this cpu is good so intel stop shitting out 1% upgades for 400 bucks every year

Intel is already bankrupt and finished :~)

Intel can't shit out more than 1% upgrades because they have troubles with die shrinking and the arch is getting old.

>implying I am gonna fucking buy a gimped CPU

Nah, K version is a good investment, overclocking is easy and very feasible.

Overclocking through BLCK is shit and has its drawbacks.

>overclocking is easy and very feasible.
After delidding.

delidding is the biggest meme

Unless you own Intel chip past Sandy.

No one is going to spoonfeed you, faggot.

Not really, delidding is only an improvement if you're getting shitty temps which is actually rare not common. But feel free to spread the meme around

>he says 30m later after not being able to create a believable fake benchmark to trick us

>us
Your pills, user.

intel literally uses peanut butter between the ihs and die

You're legit fucking retarded.

If Zen was going to be any good, Kaby Lake wouldn't just be an overclocked Skylake with an integrated 4K decoder.

AMD is the laughing stock of the technology world and as somebody else already said, the only reason it's still in business is because of poorfag AMD fanbois who still unironically believe that AMD will one day deliver a CPU/GPU that can compete with Intel/NVIDIA. It's not going to happen.

The only thing you should "wait" for is Intel's Ice Lake CPU series, which is going to be the first 10nm process, and even then it would only be worth buying if you got the extreme version.

of course they do

>Kaby Lake wouldn't just be an overclocked Skylake with an integrated 4K decoder.
This meme again.

It's not a meme because it's a reality. I was seriously considering getting Kaby Lake to upgrade from my 6700K, but when I realized that I have no need for it or for 4K decoding, I said fuck it.

AMD is the only reason why Intel isn't providing massive improvements in CPU performance. Skylake is going to be the last good improvement we've had in a while.

ya, this meme is wrong

its actually just a rebranded skylake with a 4k decoder, yielding margin of error gains

This bait is getting stale. Try something else.

Just imagine if Intel hasn't been competing with itself since Phenom times. I do believe if they wanted, they could put a 50% faster CPU on the markt right fucking now (compared to skylel). Probably more.

Now imagine, since crapdozer, Intel actually giving us something like 25% performance upgrade with every series.

And now compare it to Zen.

>h-heh it's only 80% slower for half the price
>g-go AMD

I won't overclock it past 4,4 - 4,6Ghz.

Every fucking thread, like fucking clockwork.

Man fuck that might as well buy a skylake i5 if those prices are true

You may as well. Intel was practically made for goyim who believe everything they read on the Internet.

I actually didn't post on Sup Forums for 2 moths, came back home yday.

Also I still see,

>every fucking thread, like fucking clockwork :^)

there is an AMD shill without arguments so they just resort to this >also inb4 my next (you) is "using smiley with the carat nose, neck yourself"

Yeah whatevah I hope they are false

Nigga I just want a CPU with good encoding speeds, and that has an iGPU than can output to 4k 60hz monitor and can play hevc 10bit 60fps 4k videos... pretty sure Kaby Lake can do that, not sure about AMD.

>with good encoding speeds
>quad-cores
(you).

Fucking delusional if you think it's 500 dollars.

Muh hyperthread... anyhow, here's HEVC on Kaby Lake

I knew I needed to be short.Its hard to type in Tokyo subwayon old 7" Huawei(chink tech,Japs use Sony or Sharp here,so they look at me like im traitor) tablet.
All I wanted to say is 90% of people(lets say 20-40 people,some friends,some just aquantances) i know that have AMD builds have monetary problems or are low income households.
Point is,Intel these days has bettermsolutions for folks without money yet "poor" people still cling for AMD as better bang4buck solution.
Please, build me better pc for less $$$ with amd parts(ill make low end gayman and mid high gayman,rule,they must be beter graphically than ps4pro):
Build 1(budget):
I3-6100
z170 (skybios)
2x4 ddr4 2400
Used gtx 970/gtx780ti
eventual upgrade path to I7 7#6700k,64gb ddr4 2800mhz,gtx1080ti
Build2(cheaper lower medium) :
i5 6500
Z170(skyfirmware)
2x8 ddr4 2666
used gtx980/gtx1060
upgrade path: I7 7#6700k,64gb ddr4 2800mhz,gtx1080ti
first build is rock solid for 1080@60,second 1440p@60-75hz(g-sync and all that crap), and when VR become more acesible,
all you need to do is buy at worst used gtx1070(build2) & used cpu with 4 real threads ~ i5 6500,i7 6700(i5 6600k is not so affordableprice/power new)

1) The idea that any company designing microprocessors would hold back performance because no one else can compete is retarded. If Intel could design a core that performs better, they would because it would mean they could release smaller dies that perform better than current ones. Smaller dies means better yield means more profit.

2) The implication that Intel hasn't been making improvements with each architecture is also retarded. Intel has been focusing on making their chips more power efficient. Fast clockspeed switching, more low-power states, more dedicated video hardware, faster integrated graphics, etc. It's just that Sup Forums is filled with self-centered children that think that it it's not something THEY want it's irrelevant and they won't even attempt to understand why it exists.

There's your refutation, retards.

are you a fucking spastic?

>AMD was always 'muh cores'
>cheapest AMD could only compete with dual core pentiums
>intel sees this and gives Pentiums hyper threading, after over a decade since P4HT
>this kills the budget PC market

I'm fucking impressed with how good the G4560 is. It literally redundates the i3, and is only beaten by i5s and greater.

Intel is now moar cores company.

oh,cmon.do shut up.
Like please

More like moar cores plus moar power. AMD is just moar cores.

Actually, it's moar cores an no power. And worse TIM.

We're talking about AMD, right?

>It's not, it's supposed to at least match them at similar clock frequency yet cost like half as much. The 8-core zen in particular is what most people are eager about matching an i7-5960X yet cost like ~$500.

How do you retards even believe this?

No unless you stop baiting. Its boring.

You forgot hardwired DRM.
But Zen has the same shit.
People still dont get the game, INTEL has 40% (as far as we know,it could be even more)of amd stocks, and because monopoly law, they have pet corporation so
If anyone asks , they can point finger at AMD and say:"There be honest marketing competition."
Few fuckers who got lucky to invest in AMD HW( on the flipside when Intel throw some crumpets from the table so it all looked legit) are the base of AMD fanboi club.
>I liked AMD products,then I grew up, there is no Santa,good guys end up last,every person on this planet can be assassinated,90% of memes from Sup Forums are plagiarised either from Simpsons or Futurama,OP is always an fag,90 posters are 12 to 16 years old

4c/8t. 200$.

fx6300, overclock 4.6/4.7 to 120w on a 60 usd mobo with stock heatsink
60 usd cpu (used part from ebay)
60 usd mobo
rx470 4gb
150 usd gpu

270 usd

vs

i3-6100 w/ h110 board
120 usd cpu
50 usd mobo
gtx 970
185 usd gpu

355 usd

Not to mention ddr3 is cheap as shit from ebay too.

The 5960X launched in 2014 and was on a larger process. I don't see how I'm a retard for thinking AMD can catch up after 3 years. It's really not that impressive of a feat if you ask me.

4 core 8 thread apus