G4560 - new budget king

ark.intel.com/products/97143/Intel-Pentium-Processor-G4560-3M-Cache-3_50-GHz

Intel did it, lads. Famous single-thread performance + hyperthreading on a dual core processor for $64.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7rGAIYhpwrY
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Intel-ME-Cleaning
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

wtf...i hate amd now!

So this means AMD will release their quadcore for around $80 and dualcore/hyperthread for around $50.

Neat. Intel is preparing for AMD strike.

>it benches in Passmark's high-end category
So everything else is obsolete now that this is the consumer model CPU?

> no AVX

>$64
Intel ME on your hardware, for only 64 dollars. Upgrade those old Pentiums now, dumb fucks - you have to!

WOAH video encoding

I bought one and have it sitting on my desk. Haven't started building it yet. Hope I didn't fall for the Threading meme.

Hyper-Threading, while disastrous on the Pentium 4, works well for newer CPU's. My laptop has a 3230M, and its performance feels just like a quad-core chip.

It's an extra 20% on average depending on the workload.

Is this the only Pentium G with hyperthreading?

Is there any reason to get the $180 unlocked i3 over this?

How would this CPU perform when overclocked I wonder.

Like 4,6Ghz over the 3,5Ghz

G4600 and G4620 both benchmark higher than the i3-6100

I wonder if I should upgrade from an FX 6300 to one of the new pentium processors

No. Grab a cheap i5 over the i3 and grab a mobo with a bios that allows for non-k overclocking. 4 physical > 2 physical + 2 logical every day

Source, workload and i3 6100 clocks? Stock i3 6100s are criminally underclocked and happily run 1GHz above factory.

youtu.be/7rGAIYhpwrY
just vidya
also, the G4600 is slightly below it. There aren't many benchmarks yet but the G4620 does infact beat it at stock clocks by a very small margin.

>Max # of PCI Express Lanes 16
How is this acceptable again?

>dual core
fock that noice

You want to run 4-way SLI on your Pentium?

You know that's not supported anymore, right?

>Stock clocks Skylake i3
But why

>M.2 or PCIe SSD
>Graphics card
>Network card?
Tbh I can't figure out how you would reasonably fill 16 PCIe lanes with a Pentium

2x M.2 & 1x GPU is the most sane configuration I can think of. Everything else touches chipset lanes.

Coworker bought this new pentium + 1050ti, said he has gayiming PC.

I'll stick with my 4.5GHz i3 6100 thanks, still pretty neat though.

But that's not even sane. Because if you're buying two m.2 SSDs and a Pentium you're a moron. Get a cheap SATA SSD for a boot drive, a 1TB hard drive and an i3.

>Only 4.5
Pro tip: reduce your RAM multiplier (because RAM uses the same base, your instability at higher clocks is probably memory related) and remember Skylake can safely take up to 1.4v

Enjoy your 4.7-4.8GHz chip

I had it stable at 4.7 but wasn't happy with the temps at 1.35v, I prefer a quiet build so dropped it down a bit to be stable at 1.275v.

That's a nice voltage for 4.5GHz, congrats

Doesn't Kaby lake and Z270 have more pcie lanes (like 24 or something) for this reason?

He is not wrong

>he spends more than 500 on a PC
nerd

>hurr you have to get in debt if you REALLY WANNA BE A GAMER

I have an FX 6300? What do you guys think?

is your PC strictly for low power browsing and gaming? Go ahead. The single core performance will be a huge step up from that 6300. If you do video encoding or want to record gameplay while playing, the extra threads of the 6300 (especially when overclocked) will be of much greater help.

Becomes irrelevant though with an overclocked i5 compared to FX-6300 though. I had my 6300 clocked up to 5ghz and it still lost in single core performance against a stock 4690k. Even my later FX-9370 @ 5.4ghz still lost.

That multi-core performance though was insane. As was its 400w power draw...

your coworker is intelligent

unlike you

20 pcie 3.0 lanes if I'm not mistaken. 16 lanes specifically for a graphics card (or split to x8/x8 for SLI/CF) and a dedicated 4 pcie 3.0 lanes for the top end M.2 NVME based SSDs. (Samsung 950/960 pro, intel 600p, patriot hellfire)

Those 4 lanes are usually dedicated to the 3rd pcie slot though too. So if you have like a wifi card plugged into the bottom slot on your motherboard, you can't use an m.2 as those lanes are already in use.

>400w power draw
At last I see where this housefire thing came from

he does technically. A very power efficient, quiet, and low budget one.

Not everyone can afford/or care to buy i7's and top of the line graphics cards user.

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Intel-ME-Cleaning

1050ti can't run 1080p max settings at 60+fps ..

a RX 470 or 480 would have been a better option

Yea the FX-9370/9590 were 220w chips out of the box. Add in the fact that I'm pouring 1.65v into the chip to stay stable at 5.4ghz and you have a power sucker.

At that time I also had 2 BIOS modded R9-290X's. Was using Liquid nitrogen BIOS to remove safeties and voltage limiter and was forcing 1.45v to the core of each card. The FX-9370 @ 5.4ghz would draw almost 400w when encoding or transcoding video. The video cards would pull close to 600w when benchmarking. Average gaming load was in the 700's. More for CPU intensive games.

side note and unrelated but I abused the shit out of my Cooler Master V1000 PSU. Bought it almost 6 years ago and the motherfucker refuses to die.

Not everyone is autistic

you may be right but Nvidia has one thing AMD never did. A Much better marketing and advertising team/scheme. Most people see nvidia and think they're the best. Add in fan boy-ism and word of mouth about why nvidia is superior and you get people blindly buying stuff.

Although desu Nvidia's Shadowplay is untouched by anything AMD has to offer (even with having to make a fucking Nvidia account to use shadowplay). While other recording software can be useful, it takes setting up and for normies, that's usually too much.

/thread

>Nvidia's Shadowplay is untouched by anything AMD has to offer

Not true, the relive shit added by the recent update is pretty much just as good

>tfw just bought an i3 6100 because kaby lakes still haven't arrived to my shithole
And for the equivalent of 152 usd

just kill me

>implying amd will be cheap

>buying Intel
No thanks

Can these be overclocked like locked i3s and i5s can on boards with older BIOSs? i.e. by increasing base clock rather than multiplier?

Outside of persistent open world shit (GTAV) there's literally no need for more than that if devs were competent.

Nigga, you can run GTA V on a Celeron

There are some specific asrock z270 boards that can do it at the moment using a hardware clock generator. The skylake BLCK method will not work because you would have to update the bios to support kaby.

Gotta agree there, but desu, a 1060 3GB gets the job done for less