If Windows was free (as in freedom), would you use it?

If Windows was free (as in freedom), would you use it?

It's not Unix-like, so no.

Yes if really needed.

as a windows 7 fag, sell me on unix

Will be relevant even after 2020.

>Surely it'll be relevant. 3 more years. It's not going to be like those other times we said "3 more years".

but, won't all modern languages and systems be irrelevant once we have to use a new form of computing anyways? I would think sticking to the most widely used option (windows) would maximize the sales any software i would develop.

why would they do such a thing? they're gaining power by restricting users, it doesn't make sense.
go and entertain your autistic mind somewhere else, OP

As long as it remained supported I might.

They can release the source but not releasing the building scripts.

Maybe. The NT kernel isn't that bad.

google "razzle.cmd"

>If Windows was free
>(as in freedom)

Most game developers are starting to move into multiplatform to maximize profit. Windows 10 is pissing off people left and right, businessmen are not really interested in an OS that reads all of their confidential emails and files. And most people would do just fine on the likes of Ubuntu since all they do is Facebook all day long.

Windows has its days counted.

The freedom to run the program as you wish, for any purpose (freedom 0).
The freedom to study how the program works, and change it so it does your computing as you wish (freedom 1). Access to the source code is a precondition for this.
The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help your neighbor (freedom 2).
The freedom to distribute copies of your modified versions to others (freedom 3). By doing this you can give the whole community a chance to benefit from your changes. Access to the source code is a precondition for this.

it's violation of freedom 1 and 3, thus, not free as in freedom

>NT Kernel
>shitty tile design
>Indians
>ads in €130 Win10
If you mean Windows 10, no

If Windows was free as in freedom I'd probably still be using some variant of XP.

No. Windows has many things that annoy me, such as locking down files from here to eternity if there's even one handle on it.

I would stop using it.

I already use it because the alternatives are currently unacceptable for my purposes. I would be delighted and instantly install the spyware-disabled, de-bloated LibreWindows fork that we know would happen

hell no
linux would have all the games in that scenario

If Windows was free as in freedom we would all be using Windows 7 with DirectX 12 and a sane terminal replacing CMD

Muh freedums isn't even a reason for why I don't use Windows.

If Windows was free as in freedom people would pick apart its code to improve Wine and *nix driver support, and then toss it on the scrap heap where it belongs.

its FREEEEEEEEE

It is. I don't prescribe to the definition put forth by a pedophile enabling communist.

*subscribe

g autismos would love windows if it was the less popular one because lonix users on g mostly just retarded hipsters

Who gives a shit?

No, windows is fundamentally garbage, always has been (picture rel)

No.

--------
Posted from my Windows.

>if you forgot
Find another hobby
>without memory protection
Windows has had DEP since 2006.