Why should I use Linux when Windows works just fine?

Why should I use Linux when Windows works just fine?

Like, holy shit, I just want to feel comfy right now but nothing is comfy using Linux.

0/10

try again later

I'd rather put up with getting a notification for an update and clicking, remind me later every 4 hours than sit there for 2 hours trying to figure out 1 problem.

Literally (You)

You don't have to fret over a Windows product key license nor non-genuine Windows. :^)

>Comfier than Windows
But most Linux distros are

KMS emulators sort that out just fine.

Hey OP, if you're OK with being spied on my microsoft and having your usage info shared with third party advertisers then go right ahead and keep using windows.

I have no other choice, given my severe addiction to video games.

This

Every time I tried Linux it was so weird.
I tried a few distros and nothing compares to Windows smoothness and ease of use.
Maybe this could be configured and riced to preference but with windows I get a nice experience right away instead of wasting time doing everything manually and hoping something doesn't break in the process.

You don't. No one actually uses Linux as a daily driver, just for ricing your desktop and post it on Sup Forums. Linux is a server OS.

My experience was the exact opposite.

After using Linux (specifically Arch) for a full year, going back to Windows, Windows just feels clunky, bloated, slow, intrusive, and inconvenient. It's like the OS wants to deliberately get in the way.

Money deposited.
No ox shit for your kids tonight.

ill give you an example,i recently installed win 7 to an ssd triple booting with mint and kali (both 3.5 HDD) boot into windows,fast as fuck,doesnt recognise my internal wifi adaptor..need to get drivers on tablet to link up to install,same with nvidia graphics card (gt 610 bag of shite but i dont gaym) install mint and kali,no driver issues...ever,i spent more time scouring the fuckin net for drivers that are a given in a free os than actually shitposting from a wank windows distro...this is why i use linux,for me...it just werks

Mostly "but botnet" and "but enforced updates"

Ubuntu Mate is pretty comfy, but at the end of the day it's a pretty stagnant system and any right to criticise is shot down with "fix it yourself then, it's open source"
Plus I plan to move to high DPI, and as Linux users are typically poorfags the support for that is lagging slower than it is on Windows

>this guy prefers linux because of its superior driver support

Do you also spend your vacations in Syria to enjoy their peaceful culture and unmatched regional stability?

you can say what you want but nothing changes that it just werkz on linux and not on win 7

Not him but it isn't 2007 anymore.
All the normie distros come prepackaged with shitloads of drivers, probably because everyone bitched about it in the past but still.

Speaking of drivers, I wish I could show you how easy setting up my printer was.
Basically it went like:
>Printers -> Add -> {auto-detects networked printer} -> "would you like open source or proprietary?"
and then it downloaded and installed the drivers and it just worked.

I'd say unless you plan on going completely to Linux, then don't bother. If you do want to use Linux then I'd say just throw it into a virtual machine.

PEBKAC

>Linux users can't even adjust their mouse scroll wheel rate

Why is the interface so ugly? Is that a requirement for os being used by hipsters? Why cant anyone make a nice interface like windows or mac os?

>Im having issues with an OS I have 10 days experience with, so I'm going back to the one I have 10 years experience with.

I've just moved over to Linux mint from win 7 and yes, I'm having minor difficulties here and there. Although, I'm not retarded enough to not realise the OS styles I have little experience with requires some re-learning.
A problem on Linux mint takes up to an hour, not because it's a hard to use os, or its a complicated bug, but because I've not got 15+ years of experience with it, like most folks do with Windows.

People with your mind set are the reason why the world is unable to progress.

> 58486375
> linux is better than windows
> install mint
> looks gr8
> sudo apt get install
> install chromeme
> connect my chink tablet for drawing some shit on gimp.
> ayylmao nosupport for my chink tablet
> sudo apt-get install screenfetch
> turn off
2017 of me

QFT. The problem is you guys are noobs at life and most of you aren't sufficently familiar with nix to feel "comfy" using it. You need a few years of experience using it daily, preferably as your main OS. Start with the easy distros, ubuntu, debian, mint. Then work your way up after a year or two to real men distros like gentoo or Arch. With sufficent experience you'll be running even the hardest distros with no problem. I set up a fully windowed enviroment on Arch in 2-3 hours now, installing comepletely from command line. I've been an Arch/Debian fag for years now, extremely stable, secure, and extremely sexy. Way sexier desktops than any wincuck or macfag will ever have
>>l2nix noobs

>A problem on Linux mint takes up to an hour, not because it's a hard to use os, or its a complicated bug, but because I've not got 15+ years of experience with it, like most folks do with Windows.
Pretty much this. Something you're completely new to will not feel comfy compared to the other thing you've been using for nearly 20 years.