Is it that bad?

Is it that bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WbEPCC_Z_Ig
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No.

Windows 10 is probably the greatest thing ever. UWP, Visual Studio Community, and software that doesn't require (((wine))).

No in the sense that getting shot is much more bad

Why didn't they give it a name? It woulda worked if it had a name.

Your call

>VS ""(((((((((((((((Community)))))))))))))))"" is now a Windows 10 program
>UWP is any """"""((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((good))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))"""""

The forced update to 10, sure, I can understand why they'd try to force it down our throats so much. But the forced restarts? What beneficial function is that even supposed to give Microsoft? Seriously, what do they win by going through great lengths to forcefully install their shitty update *right now* as opposed to when the user simply shuts down the PC an hour or two later?

I'm starting to believe that they are losing touch with reality and have no idea how much the world has changed over the last decade, and especially how such shit can damage your brand beyond redemption. And yet, even after being showered with negative feedback, they keep doing it like absolute fucking retards who are incapable of basic long-term plans, all of that for ZERO gain on either their side or the users'. Truly mindblowing how a $500bil market cap company can fall this low

>why they'd try to force it down our throats so much.
Windows is an OS for cucks that have no voice over "their" system

>Using more than 3 parentheses per side

So there's cuck memes on Sup Forums too? Jesus

yea boi

Yeah it is. Pic related is a good link to an informative website detailing why W10 sucks (stupid Sup Forums thinks it's spam and won't let me just post the link).

yep

This

If you have people shilling for Microshit it usually means this board is cancer

Windows Vista 2

>it comes preinstalled with cancer!

t. assblasted cuck

>forced restarts
I never have this problem. Recent update even said it'd restart for updates during active hours (which I could set). Learn how to configure shit.

OP here. Does windows 10 have any advantages over 7?

You installed half that shit just to bait.

>Learn how to configure shit.
So much for "just works" philosophy

Yes, Microsoft made Intel and AMD incompatible with 7 (next gen CPUs)

Cuck OS

Nope, nice try pajeet

Next thing you will say "I swear I never saw any ads" and "Those are photoshopped"

>win10 is faster, I swear!!
lel

>Learn how to configure shit.

But I do and I have everything cancerous disabled. That doesn't justify them forcing you to go through gpedit for an hour to disable their cancer. Next it'll come with a bundled ad display on your desktop and people like you will keep saying "oh, just disable it haha :)".

Is there any debloat guide for W 10 like the one for 7?

I woke up at 5am the other night and saw my computer was online. W10 takes control of your pc and restarts it when it wants to in order to update. What bothers me the most is the fact it doesn't even ask, or tell you about this.

FOR FREE

a warm and friendly reminder

If the point of using windows is to have a "just werks" OS, then why should I have to configure things to not get assfucked by Microsoft?
What's the point?
Why not just use linux at that point?

Pajeet-dows 10 poos the loo whenever I try to install it. I bought a standard Win10 license from the microshill store (because I already got a free code for Goyims of War 4 with my 1080), and installed the setup tool.

The installation process took every fucking opportunity to blue screen. Whether it be during the installation itself or afterwards when it found "incompatible drivers", if OyVeyMyShekels-dows didn't like it, it shut the fuck down.

Never even bothered to try it ever since, I still have the activation code just sitting around but knowing it will only shit the bed whenever I try just deters my from trying that much more.

tl;dr, don't let pic related create and promote your OS.

>learn to configure
That's bullshit I thought windows "just werks"

This

Is the best OS right now, Windows 10 master race.

>Best "OS"

t: patel

Windows Server 2016 is what I'm running, it's great, no bloatware.

>disconnected from internet
>buhuu I can't download an update package!
And then you realize you're dumb

Are you pretending not to see that manual installation doesn't work as well?
Is microshit actually sponsoring these dumb low effort damage control shills?

I don't see any manual installation here, only the automatic one provided by windows update (which you probably got disabled anyway)
Either you're pretending or you're just dumb as fuck.

>only the automatic one provided by windows update
Here is what I think of you:
1. You have attention span of 5 seconds, you could not stand watching your piece of shit OS getting BTFO any longer than that to see the manual installation FAILED
2. You are just setting the record correct, you are either paid or unpaid (most likely) shill.
3. You are mentally disabled
4. You are in a denial, which coincides with #2

If you care about having any rights on your own computer, yes. If not, it's pretty decent for Windows but still kinda unstable.

I'm good with windows 10.

as long as they do not become evil. I'm happy.

What, what's that? Linux is a hobby OS even worse than microsaft winblows because it requires bash knowledge to configure and fix trivial problems? Is that what you're saying?
What, what's that again? Dependency clusterfuck, software incompatibility with different library versions and shit power management?
Holy shit dude, you really convinced me to never switch to Linooox. Thank you

Why use 2016 over 2012? Is there any significant difference between the two performance wise?

>freetard BTFO

MUMMY THEY WANT ME TO WRITE SCARY LETTERS WAAAAAH WWAAAAAAH

>no gaems
>no pro software
>no overclocking
>no drivers
>terminal usage in 2017
Enjoy your timesink os

Yeah. As I suspect. An unpaid shill.

Shame on you, micrshit

If a system has no good terminal built-in (like every version of windows) it's reason enough not to use it.

>buhuu I'm too old to learn powershell, which is superior to bash
Step out
>memes
back to you fat fuck
shitpost. Thank you for proving me right

>MUH GAYMEN
Get a fucking toy ps4 shit
>MUH LIBERAL ARTS PRO SOFTWARE
What software do you need, arts maajor?
>NO DRIVERS
Linux has more drivers than wankblows
>MMOOM SCAREY TERMINAL X((((
Fuck of back to Sup Forums, tech inept fucktard

>Dependency clusterfuck, software incompatibility with different library versions

Not him, but this is only a major issue because of GNOME sjws and their gtk3 clusterfuck, and most sane distros will package these repetitive libraries together.

The sooner everyone switches to Qt5, the better.

>Buttblusted winshill starts samefagging after getting BTFO
textbook Sup Forums

How is it superior?

Why would i be interested in learning a proprietary shell that only runs on proprietary systems that spy on you extensively and don't let you control your own computer?

Aren't you the guy who were just trying to imply that having a terminal at all is somehow bad?

I've noticed quite a speed upgrade and there are less bugs. There was a bug in server 2012 where if you went to the control panel and then task manager it would make the screen black, you'd need to restart.

I haven't occured an error with Server 2016 yet. I recommend it, great for servers and a desktop OS.

It's superior cuz my video gaming OS has it XDDDD

>being this fucking assmad over a gnu/toy os

Enterprise edition is Microsoft's best Windows product. That's to be expected for an enterprise level operating system. Almost all issues are resolved, but it's not viable for normal users.

Since Windows 8, Microsoft has wanted to become Apple. If you don't NEED Windows for a specific reason then I'd strongly suggest looking into macOS. You'll have to do it sooner or later. I guarantee it. Apple does a better job at it than Microsoft anyways.

For everything else, look at a Linux distribution. Microsoft is slowly killing the edge that Windows has over the competition. It's Windows, but they seem to want to make it like macOS. Which is just shooting yourself in the foot. The only true long term benefit that Microsoft can't mess up is video games. Windows is still the best place for video games, by far. By far. That is changing, but that's the only thing that it has going for it.

Depending on who you are that might not even matter. Can Windows survive on that? Easily. People underestimate how many people use Windows because of video games. It's certainly not enough to keep Microsoft's billion user or something crazy like that goal viable, but it will keep it alive, temporarily. They'd just be biding their time until Linux catches up. Which it has to eventually. How long that gap is will be how long Windows survives.

Microsoft had a good run.

>n-no u
thanks for setting the record correct, pajeet

>being this fucking assmad over a microloo/toy os

>pajeet
That looks like a thai ladyboy. So does the one in red.

>muh 95 meme
Nice comeback you got there, shitstain
All major corporations are using Windows Server for almost everything, including well managed Active Domain which runs like shit under linux.
>Get a fucking toy ps4 shit
Ay way, waste money and get a separate device because my toy os doesn't have any gaymes. buhuuu X((((
Your logic is stunning.

What if anti-microsoft shills make these threads to provoke a negative reaction and harvest replies they can repost on pro-microsoft forums later?

pajeet pls

Really makes you think, huh?

Wintoddler tries to control damage:
1. Claim 2. Get challenged 3. Low quality explanation 4. Get challenged again 5. Denial 6. Get BTFO 7. Very low quality deflection Rinse
Repeat

And people wonder why wintoddlers are never taken seriously in ANY technology board/forum. haha

Alright Rajeesh good work you can go get your daily rice now.

lmao

Second line is 8 parens off balance.

t. Lisp Shill

I just installed the LTSB edition today and love it so far.

youtube.com/watch?v=WbEPCC_Z_Ig

>Is it that bad?
who cares, this is the only OS that support the only relevant thing in life: games

They think that people are being conditioned to accept this by smart phones. They want everyone to be stupid so they accept the desktop as a smart phone that updates and does whatever it pleases.

It burns your processor and your disk with background processes 50% of the time that you use the computer... I installed W10 the day it came out... today I said enough, and install 7 again erasing the hole disk and making a clean fuckng install... i'm felling fucking comfortable now...

Never had that problem, it is smooth and stable.

I've used Linux and OSX, Windows 10 is by far the best,

lol you are lying through your teeth

I have used W10, OS X, and multiple Linux distros. W10 is by FAARRRRRRRRR the fucking worst. Just a slow bloated intrusive inconvenient pile of garbage.

Is there still any way to buy Windows 7 legit? Windows 8.1 was so terrible that I swore to never use 10 unless I absolutely have to, and I want to give money to something MS actually did right. And as much as I'd like to switch to GNU/Linux, half of the software I use for my job would probably not work there.

>lol you are lying through your teeth
That's like yout opinion.

we disagree.

Other than the spyware it's pretty decent as far as Windows go, have had less problems with it than with 8 and even 7, except for backwards compatibility. There's some old Windows software you literally cannot run no matter what.

Download destroy Windows spying or look it up in (((YouTube)))

Yes, I received the blue screen of death at work due to a wifi driver failing / being corrupt on a brand new laptop.

>Didn't even download any drivers etc
>Dual booting linux mint and using that instead

Nice story bro, now tell us a real one.

/thread

It is a real story, UNIX systems do everything better besides gaming, that is literally it.

my mother uses elementary OS every day to browse the web and do facebook stuff.
she is a completed donkey to every thing about computers, only cares for "it just works and its not slow".

the 3 only things need configure its the wifi(obvious), install chrome by terminal, disable keyring. everything its optional except the wifi.

shes using linux since 5 years. never add problems, only need to change hdd because had 10 of use, and replace the antix, for elementary. if i installed any version of windows, i would be called to fix everything(reformat) every week, because it was slow and/or have virus, and usb stuff/mouse pad stopped working because updates or virus.

>you

I just bought a new comp that came with Windows 10 pre-installed. How do I fully disable the botnet features? I've seen the guide on the Sup Forums wiki, but I'm on my university's network so I have no way to change my router blacklist. I was thinking about buying a copy of Win10 Enterprise since it can fully disable telemetry, as M$ is more concerned with getting sued for corporate espionage.

>UWP

I'm currently playing with both WPF and UWP. I have no idea what the appeal of UWP is. None at all.