He actually uses GNU/Linux outside of a VM

>he actually uses GNU/Linux outside of a VM

Got any better alternatives?

Lol and you don't use Windows or Mac inside of vm.

>playing vidya on my Linux laptop via Steam in-home streaming from my desktop
>vidya stream cuts out
>W10 decided to reboot itself for updates
>fails to install updates for the 3 time this week
>spend 10 minutes watching my desktop reboot several times

Meanwhile I haven't had to reboot my laptop in six goddamn days and I install updates every day. Windows is a such a trash operating system, if it weren't for vidya, I would have deleted that partition ages ago.

>wangblows 10
>DX 12

I was ok with Win10 for a while, but it's really driving me fucking nuts. Wake up in the morning to turn on the PC, oh great it updated last night. Have to wait a minute for it to finish updating before I can use the OS. So much for faster bootup with the SSD!

The rot has already set in after only a year. Every few days, browsers stop playing flash videos. Pages will suddenly load at snail speeds, even though speed test is good and there's no other network traffic.

It really is just a giant piece of shit, and like you said, makes using Linux in a VM fucking stupid because the lowest common denominator is your shit OS.

Only reason I don't use Linux on this machine is my firewire soundcard is a bitch to set up, and is buggy as fucking hell.

Meanwhile, my lunix laptop never has any issues and can be up for days.

I use windows inside a VM. Any reason not to?

windows 10 anniversary edition

Are you saying that this linux can run on a computer without windows underneath it, at all ? As in, without a boot disk, without any drivers, and without any services ?

That sounds preposterous to me.

If it were true (and I doubt it), then companies would be selling computers without a windows. This clearly is not happening, so there must be some error in your calculations. I hope you realise that windows is more than just Office ? Its a whole system that runs the computer from start to finish, and that is a very difficult thing to acheive. A lot of people dont realise this.

Microsoft just spent $9 billion and many years to create Vista, so it does not sound reasonable that some new alternative could just snap into existence overnight like that. It would take billions of dollars and a massive effort to achieve. IBM tried, and spent a huge amount of money developing OS/2 but could never keep up with Windows. Apple tried to create their own system for years, but finally gave up recently and moved to Intel and Microsoft.

Its just not possible that a freeware like the Linux could be extended to the point where it runs the entire computer fron start to finish, without using some of the more critical parts of windows. Not possible.

I think you need to re-examine your assumptions.

>what is libreboot

>whoosh

>he actually uses NSA/Windows outside of a VM

This

I bet your router runs Linux.

>he

>Op isnt smart enough to use Linux as primary PC
Fedora has been my personal operating system for years. Never going back to NSA Windows

>he doesn't know about the Cooper

... well, it's always summer somewhere I guess.

>using VM

id rather install it as a real OS instead of having shitty performance on a VM

>GNU/Linux
Linux

kek

>I use windows inside a VM. Any reason not to?
im with you. Only time i ever run windows is as VM... its shit as a PC OS

Gotta run my server on something that doesn't need to be restarted once a week to maintain performance.

>he actually uses Microsoft© Windows© outside of a VM
>he actually uses Apple© macOS© outside of a VM

Just curious, why are you using a firewire soundcard?

>anime
Opinion discarded.