Will there ever be a better looking operating system than macOS?

will there ever be a better looking operating system than macOS?

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/facebook.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Nod7cpxzxLc
youtube.com/watch?v=i-9m9Z63kR4
youtube.com/watch?v=6BFEAtlT5xc
youtube.com/watch?v=TfTNQwiWe0I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

usabilty > aesthetic
i3 > "whatever the fuck is fagOS gui"

>i3
>not sway
enjoy your x11 screen tearing cancer while i enjoy a superior tiling wm that runs on top of wayland with my openrc init not giving me problems

this

and no

I prefer waiting a bit more before switching

>>>>>macOS

MacOS is not a good looking operating system.

The top bar is mediocre.
The frosted menu and dock are awful.
The icons are awful.

What is the point of having 2 separate taskbars that should be one? What a waste of space.
Also what's the point of having the top bar while no application requiring it is open? Is your desktop an app?

whats that 3 diamond program icon?

>better looking operating system than macOS?
>better looking
>OS
an OS is just a virtual hardware multiplexer, it just makes you program think "they own" the whole computer (or a interface to it). It just manages the resources availables between them.

GUIs are orthogonal to that

how do you make the apple have the classic colors? top left

no

is this the new macOS desktop thread

i really like this desktop

ty

It's all yours my friend.

Please, where can I find this wallpaper?!

Aww man.

A DE is not an OS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

well that's just disappointing.

can't u read

OP here and a UI designer; allow me to share some quick thoughts on the right click menu. Let's take a look at good design first to understand where Windows fails.

And now for Windows

macOS looks great, say what you want about proprietary software or walled garden or overpriced bla bla bla

if you can't admit that macOS has always been good looking, you're full of shit

t.someone who has never owned an apple product in my 30 plus years

>フタナリ
What did you expect?

>font
>humanely designed
>its just a helvetica rip off

fucking lel

A cute bottomless girl without boy bits.

>sharp corners stab users in the eyes so they can't see

Why does that girl have a penis?

shes still cute

>a better looking operating system than macOS
>impossible to remove doc, not even speaking about changing DE
top kek

It looks like shit out of the box, as does every OS. I use Mac OS because it's BSD without the bullshit. It's a UNIX-like system which uses bash, has a CLI package manager available, has support for XCode and Adobe software, keeps all of your apps in one directory, gets timely updates, and is just comfortable to use. It also has lots of useful keyboard shortcuts and is pretty fast. It really does "just work".

I agree with this. The dock looks like ass and OP is retarded for not hiding it or just disabling it and using the app drawer.

Futa. Read more doujins senpai.

>is just comfortable to use
>It really does "just work"
you wanted to say "it just browses facebook?

>has lots of useful keyboard shortcuts
never-used-linux detected

>or just disabling it and using the app drawer
the dock is shown if you put mouse pointer to bottom of screen

>you wanted to say "it just browses facebook?
I don't use Facebook.
stallman.org/facebook.html
>never-used-linux detected
I use Debian on my desktop. Obviously you can set all kinds of custom keyboard shortcuts on GNU/Linux, but Mac OS has them built in. It makes things nice and easy, and the shortcuts are made to fit the Mac keyboard.
>the dock is shown if you put mouse pointer to bottom of screen
That's why you disable the dock, rather than just choosing to auto-hide it, you retard.

Image search did not disappoint, it's a still from a 2014 film called Sitting on the Edge of Marlene, I'm guessing the actress is Paloma Kwiatkowski.

Sup Forums will say yes, and then proceed to rice their GNU/Linux desktops to look like a Chinese clone of Sierra

>stallman.org/facebook.html
stop pretending, mactoddler, it's obvous that you hate freedom if you use mac
> Obviously you can set all kinds of custom keyboard shortcuts on GNU/Linux, but Mac OS has them built in.
wtf are you talking about? mac os DE isn't even close to kde.
>That's why you disable the dock, rather than just choosing to auto-hide it, you retard.
as far as I know it's not possible. or your """nice""" os finaly got this feature after decades of being a toddler toy?

even if mac os was as good as linux is, I would not use proprietary shit

>technology board
>some retards buy overpriced toys that look nice but are uncomfortable and completely uncustomisable
>pretend to be technology literates
what are you doing on technology board? the only possible explanation is being a payed apple shill

>stop pretending, mactoddler, it's obvous that you hate freedom if you use mac
How is that? I've blocked out all connections to Apple and deleted Spotlight and Siri files. Most of the OS is open source.

>wtf are you talking about? mac os DE isn't even close to kde.
I actually use KDE on my desktop. Mac OS has keyboard shortcuts that not only work in the OS, but in many third party programs. Having custom keyboard shortcuts is great, having universal keyboard shortcuts is god-tier.

>as far as I know it's not possible. or your """nice""" os finaly got this feature after decades of being a toddler toy?
>as far as I know
Well, you really don't know much. There's no built in feature to do this, I just move files around using the command line. After all, I do have root access. For being a tech illiterate mactoddler, I seem to be a lot less GUI dependant than you.

>even if mac os was as good as linux is, I would not use proprietary shit
It is as good as GNU/Linux. The only proprietary part is the desktop environment, which is Finder. Finder is not just a file explorer, but also the menu bar, dock, etc. It's actually not that bad, and the file explorer has a usable side bar, and buttons that let you easily switch between several views. There's also a search bar that lets you choose between looking through the whole FS or just certain areas to narrow the results. All of the proprietary applications you don't like can be deleted as well. They're all in the Applictions directory, so they're easy to find.

You again? fuck off, macfag. GET THE FUCK OFF OF MY BOARD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>better looking
>ugly as hell font smoothing/hinting
>putting a fucking window menu at the goddamn top of the desktop like a bunch of fucking retards
>useless goddamn dock menu that is geared for fucking 3 year olds
>locked down BS that only works on expensive as living fuck hardware unless you hack the shit out of it and get horribly limited functionality or just fails to work on most sane hardware
>sluggish as living hell
>only supports their own stupid as fuck special snowflake graphics API
>every single GUI aspect designed to be completely and totally ass-backwards from what any sane person would expect

>How is that?
you gave your money to apple and supported corporation that kills our freedom
>Most of the OS is open source.
then why do I have to buy their overpriced laptop to use it and almost nothing is customisable?
sto lying, apple shill, if you liked freedom so much you would use linux or bsd
>Mac OS has keyboard shortcuts that not only work in the OS, but in many third party programs
Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V?
>Well, you really don't know much
because I'm not stupid so much to buy apple product
>There's no built in feature to do this, I just move files around using the command line.
how is it related to dock?
>For being a tech illiterate mactoddler, I seem to be a lot less GUI dependant than you.
you seriously overestimate yourself
>It is as good as GNU/Linux.
no it isn't
>The only proprietary part is the desktop environment, which is Finder.
that was enough to annoy me and prevent from buying mac
>Finder is not just a file explorer, but also the menu bar, dock, etc.
it's a very bad "feature"
>file explorer has a usable side bar, and buttons that let you easily switch between several views
I hate this and use only shortcuts for such tasks. if your os doesn't let you disable any feature you don't like, it's a toy os.
>There's also a search bar that lets you choose between looking through the whole FS or just certain areas to narrow the results
wtf are you talking about? you are literaly a shill
and just making advertisment for your shit os.
>All of the proprietary applications you don't like can be deleted as well. They're all in the Applictions directory, so they're easy to find.
lol, saw a thread recently about itunes being reinstalled automaticaly after deletion with rm -rf

You should really Google things before making yourself look like a fool on here. You're also a massive hypocrite if you're using IntelME or AMD PSP. Your English when read aloud sounds like a baboon was force-fed a bottle of Clorox, and Mac OS is actually BSD with a custom DE. If you don't like Mac hardware, you can very easily hackintosh or run Mac OS in a VM. If you don't like Mac OS, then don't use it.

The two things you're a fucking retard for doing is spreading misinformation and sperging out over someone using an OS you've never used. There's no need for sour grapes, try it in a VM.

I'll be honest and disconnect from the hive mind, Mac OS has always been really spiffy. I think the windows 98 aesthetic comes close only because of how simple and iconic it was.

>>There's no built in feature to do this, I just move files around using the command line.
>how is it related to dock?

Are you fucking autistic or something?

>I agree with this. The dock looks like ass and OP is retarded for not hiding it or just disabling it and using the app drawer.
I don't necessarily dislike the dock full stop - I just think the background on it is bad, and the lack of any theme between the icons is bad looking.

Having the dock and Launchpad is redundant and not really useful, considering you can just rearrange the apps in the app drawer.

>You should really Google things before making yourself look like a fool on here
>spreading misinformation
>There's no need for sour grapes, try it in a VM
I've used it and I know what I'm talking about

>You're also a massive hypocrite if you're using IntelME or AMD PSP
that's another reason to use free software, you retard

>you can very easily hackintosh or run Mac OS in a VM
funcking no. have you ever tried that? you are the one who spreads misinformation here, shill

You must be new here.

>I've used it and I know what I'm talking about
Obviously not, since you said
>that's another reason to use free software, you retard
(in response to what I said about IntelME and AMD PSP)
ad...
>funcking no. have you ever tried that? you are the one who spreads misinformation here, shill
(about installing Mac OS in a VM)

Ok, so IntelME and AMD PSP are micro-controllers inside of the main CPU that run independently of it. They have full TCP/IP stack and memory access, and can control the CPU cores. These micro controllers can also send and receive network packets regardless of OS or firewall. Using GNU/Linux will not disable these micro-controllers. If you really want them disabled, you need to use ME Cleaner (which only works for a few Intel x86 chips). It's on GitHub. There's also Libreboot which allows you to disable IntelME, but only works on a C2D or lower.

Also, I used to have Mac OS installed in VMWare. It's very easy to set up and there are a million and one YouTube tutorials about how to do it. Me pulling up an OS X VM on my computer here would prove nothing, since it's fully supported on Mac OS. But here are a few tutorials:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nod7cpxzxLc
youtube.com/watch?v=i-9m9Z63kR4
youtube.com/watch?v=6BFEAtlT5xc
youtube.com/watch?v=TfTNQwiWe0I

You're fucking retarded and you have not a single clue what you're talking about. Now shut your ass kid, we can see your teeth.

>>I've used it and I know what I'm talking about
>Obviously not, since you said
>>that's another reason to use free software, you retard
>(in response to what I said about IntelME and AMD PSP)

oh god.. what a dump piece of shit you are
so what's wrong with it? try to explain and show me once again that you are a retard

I'm the dumb piece of shit here?
>so what's wrong with it? try to explain and show me once again that you are a retard

I explained it all right in the last post. Can you read?

>Ok, so IntelME and AMD PSP are micro-controllers inside of the main CPU that run independently of it. They have full TCP/IP stack and memory access, and can control the CPU cores. These micro controllers can also send and receive network packets regardless of OS or firewall. Using GNU/Linux will not disable these micro-controllers. If you really want them disabled, you need to use ME Cleaner (which only works for a few Intel x86 chips). It's on GitHub. There's also Libreboot which allows you to disable IntelME, but only works on a C2D or lower.

> Ok, so IntelME and AMD PSP are micro-controllers inside of the main CPU that run independently of it. They have full TCP/IP stack and memory access, and can control the CPU cores. These micro controllers can also send and receive network packets regardless of OS or firewall. Using GNU/Linux will not disable these micro-controllers. If you really want them disabled, you need to use ME Cleaner (which only works for a few Intel x86 chips). It's on GitHub. There's also Libreboot which allows you to disable IntelME, but only works on a C2D or lower.

It's fucking obvious. do you really think that I didn'y know that? I can't believe that such retards exist. we should use free software because intel ME and similar things can destroy freedom completely

> Also, I used to have Mac OS installed in VMWare. It's very easy to set up and there are a million and one YouTube tutorials about how to do it. Me pulling up an OS X VM on my computer here would prove nothing, since it's fully supported on Mac OS. But here are a few tutorials:
I did this too. I'd like to see you developing 3d graphics with it

You fucking tard. IntelME is totally separate from your OS. It's at a very low level. Get it through your thick skull already.

I don't think you understand any of what I said.

>I'd like to see you developing 3d graphics with it
Why? If you want to do that, you install it on the actual hardware. As I said earlier, the VM is to try it out. If you want to use any OS for real work, you partition your hard drive and install it, dumbfuck.

fuck. ok, I'll speek to you like to a 3yo child. I know everything you wanted to tell me about intel ME. I'm even going to remove it from my computers when I have free time. I know that free os can't disable it. here's what I was trying to tell you: proprietary software and hardware aren't too bad if it don't threaten our freedom much. intel ME is fucking horrible thing. if you are not completely idiot, after reading some news articles about it you should think "wtf? I won't give my money to this greedy corporations who want to enlsave me and don't respect my freedom. they have gone too far and it has to be stopped.". and if this didn't happen to you and you use mac and proudly shill for it here, you must be dumb as fuck

You have replied to one post 4 times, you stupid little Indian curry muncher. You know nothing about IntelME, otherwise you would have it disabled. You also know very little about computers in general. Disabling IntelME will also fuck up your power management, which is why most people don't do it. You also need to remove the motherboard of your laptop to extract, modify, and then reflash the ME firmware. Learn the following:

>You are not a hacker.

>You are not tech savvy.

>You do not know more than the assholes on Sup Forums.

>You are not 10 years old and you need to leave.

>You are worthless.

Take a good, long look at those. Now get out.

You don't even understand what the Intel management engine is, or why it shouldn't be there. Get out underage b&

>will there ever be a more childish operating system than macOS?

don't be so angry, kid, once you'll reach my intelligence level

>I'm even going to remove it from my computers when I have free time.

You can't block connections to Apple. They are still there, even if you disable them. Even if you completely disable any internet connection it's still gonna send data to Apple.

So you read an article about disabling intel ME and now you think that you are the cleverest guy in /g?

termite is fucked in Sway, keeps me from switching

More like power level. Where is your shame?

Incorrect. I have all of them blocked with router and OS firewalls. Apple diagnostics isn't getting shit.

Wrong. The ones that should really concern you won't even show up in any firewall.

>The ones that should really concern you won't even show up in any firewall.
You can't prevent connections from showing up on your router's firewall. It has to establish the connection through it in order to get out of the network so it will show up there.

I'm sorry, that's just how TCP/IP works. You can't avoid it.

sure kid. and you know that because you can be 100% sure that the proprietary system on your router doesn't ignore certain connections on purpose...

This. Also, some of the connections that appear to be blocked actually are still active. Certain Apple and Microsoft connections are just unblockable, and even if they were, the mere existence of these connections render any mobile device useless because you don't have control over all routers you connect to when you're not at home.

>proprietary system on my router
And what is that exactly? My router runs on OpenWRT you know.

>apple has deals with individual router manufacturers to put rules in their software so that their connections will be hidden from the firewall
Don't make me laugh.

>What is the point of having 2 separate taskbars that should be one

The only taskbar is the Dock, which holds all of your running apps. The status menus on the right side of the menu bar are for system functions and background services, similar to the Windows systray before third-party devs started misusing it as a secondary taskbar.

>Also what's the point of having the top bar while no application requiring it is open? Is your desktop an app?

The menu bar defaults to the Finder -- the file browser / manager -- when nothing else is open. The desktop is part of the Finder, similar to how it is part of File Explorer in Windows.

looks like any linux distro

Elementary is pretty close. Cause it's basically a Linux copy of it.

>dangerous jarring corners

hold me, mommy

MS DOS looks better, desu senpai.

>i need rounded corners to keep from harming myself

Any problems with proprietary graphics drivers using wayland? This is why I am holding off for now.

>a UI designer
Whoever would know OP is a faggot who pretends to know anything about functional user interface

I wouldn't trade my freedoms and my money for this, it doesn't have anything special

It was already there, Arch Linux.

Right now I'm all about vidya, so I switched from Linux into the windows eco system. But once I get bored of games, I'll completly switch back.
Oh and Windows 10 constantly fucks up my dualboot so... yeah.

could i get that background

Here you go

Image didn't upload for some reason

checked

see

Checked

unironically windows 95

waste of quints