Software Threads

Software thread? Maybe with some serious discussion about better alternatives and stuff like that.

Template

no need to be mad

What's the point of including environment section while most of us use Windows and the ones pretending to use linux are really using pre-built gentoo VMs?

Environment: GNOME
Browser: Firefox
Language: Python, Golang
Text: Vim, Emacs
Torrent: Transmission, Deluge
Graphics: GIMP
Music: Pandora, Google Play Music
Video: mplayer
Backup: Yes

Vim master race, what browser is that?

>notepad++
>python
gross

Alright, not too bad at all. MS paint really earns you some respect.

Gross

Not mad, just confused

You get points for using both editors. BUT you lose points for golang.

I'm really not too estatic about firefox, if anyone can recommend a good browser? I'd apreciate it.

haven't done this template in a while.

old one from about three years ago

>torrent
>zeronet
????

>what is zerotorrents

new one

So... did you learn Python?

Haven't seen that firefox logo before.

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to put the torrent client there which is why I asked

I love it how you insert Linux as the OS and then you list all the winshit programs. You obviously don't even use Linux and just put that up because you don't like to be called names and want to look cool.

insecure underage kids these days...

What's with all the notepad++. I'm 99% sure windows has a gvim binary.

Sure no problem. I didn't think about the torrents client tbqh, I've just updated an old template.

I use Transmission.

There are people on this board that run Linux, if you don't then don't bother posting.

>xfce
>nano
>rTorrent
>Gimp

Sure.

Sorry wrong post, I meant to reply to

Why Aurora and not Nightly master race?

Roast me

Yea...but I don't really program/code that much since I learned it to be honest.

Don't have the link for it but I just googled "Firefox", clicked a random image and put on there.

I don't use vim/gvim, so I don't really care for it. Notepad++ does the job for me.

You sound pretty insecure yourself, though.

>He's not using my preferred software! What a poser!

at least use notepad++

its the nightly from aurora

You're the most based of all windows users in this thread.

please! switch to ungoogled chromium

how to take the template and make sure each logo is centered inside each box. go

select each cell, make new layer and fill all cells with white. Then, when you copy/paste a logo into the layer you can use the gimp align tool to center the logo in the white cell you created.

y?

>You sound pretty insecure yourself, though.
why? what's so insecure about my post? I'm just pointing out the obvious fact that he referenced Linux and then says he uses foobar2000, MPC and other winshit-only programs.

MPC? Foobar?

I end up using my linux PC more nowadays, because I originally set it up as a HTPC, and it's super comfy. Now I can shitpost from the comfort of my bed. Also I listed two programs per category, one for linux and one for windows.

actually I don't know if those backup commands would work considering /mnt is a subdirectory of /, but I usually just do it on /home, /etc, and /var anyway

You use a program like gimp and then you put this picture in to gimp and then you go into google or duckduckgo and then you find your logos and then you need to click rightclick on it and click on ,,Copy Image" to safe it to your clipboard and then you switch bag to the gimp and then you press crtl +v and then you click on that logo in the toolbox to resize the picture then you resize the picture and click ok and then you already have the first logo in the picture and can start with the next.

Why not use dd to make an image of the filesystem instead of cp? If /dev/sdb was using something such as NTFS or FAT your permissions would be fucked.

because you use a botnet browser

because then I have to unmount /dev/sda which is a pain in the ass and I don't care that much about having a bit-by-bit copy of all my data as long as my config files are intact

What should I use for graphics if I specifically want to control my palette and do small pixel graphics?

I fucking hate gimp after using photoshop for so many years. Would photoshop freedom edition through wine be worth the hassle?

quality post user, I laughed.

gimp or krita if you're that much of a bitch

You;re writing java without an IDE? Shit son, you are a masochist!

clearly, he uses windows and writes java

pls rate

There's a reason why the vast majority of graphic designers use photoshop and not gimp

That makes sense. Thanks user.

A question for all:

What is a good free software to make videos? I'm looking for something equivalent to Windows Movie Maker but slightly enhanced. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Emacs is good at everything but editing text.

I haven't used it in a while, but Blender (the 3d modelling program) has a really, really good NLE system

What is NLE? Also isn't too much using a 3D software for making simple videos? I mean I don't having more it always can come in handy. Thanks for the reply.

All you have to know is Lisps and my friend you are blessed like our great great grandfathers led by Mosses.

Only rich guys torrent?

What reason is that?

I'm trying to stay away from pirating photoshop.

only poor people torrent you fool

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

good goyim.

gtk file picker does have thumbnails.

other than few icons, rest are completely unrecognizable because they're from a theme and not native icons.

and you spent all this time pasting that shit in... pure autism.

>and you spent all this time pasting that shit in
It literally took 1 min and some seconds. Opened up the icon theme folder and drag 'n dropped them into GIMP.

>other than few icons, rest are completely unrecognizable

Only the transmission and rsync icons are different enough, the rest are obvious.

Music is obvious? Backup is obvious?

I don't use GNOME (what a garbage DE) so please tell me why they're obvious. Post original icons.

high quality

>OS
Ubuntu for programming and servers
Windows 10 for gaming
MacOS for everything else

>Environment

>Browser
Chrome

>Language
Python, C and Java

>Text
Neovim

>Torrent
Transmission

>Graphics
Acorn (MacOS)

>Music
iTunes (MacOS)

>Video
iMovie

>Backup
iCloud

LOL SO FUNNY IM ROFLING MY ASS OFF HERE KTHX GOAL

YOUR OPINIONS ARE BAD

>OS
If you can't tell that's arch, you're retarded.
>DE
That's obviously the gnome foot logo.
>Browser
Obviously chromium.
>Language
It literally says c++
>Text
That's undeniably atom.
>torrent
It's transmission, already said it's different enough to maybe not recognize
>Graphics
Gee I wonder which graphics application has a dog head for a logo?
>Music
Pic related is the native icon.
>Videos
Gee I wonder which video application has a purple play button logo?
>Backup
Already said it's rsync, and admitted it's different enough, but rsync doesn't have a native icon

r8/h8/whatever

>Arch
>Cinnamon
>FF Nightly
>Python, C
>Vim
>Transmission
>Gimp
>cmus
>MPV
>none because fuck you that's why

>Using GIMP
Lmao

>not using gimp
lel

shiieeeeeeetttt

You want something like openshot or kdenlive. Blender is overkill.

>If you can't tell that's arch, you're retarded.
Typical Arch user

Thanks

feel free to rate

Nice to see another Gentoo user. What are the perks of Vivaldi?

quick and easy theme customization, albeit not as in depth as firefox css editing. It also has things like viewing 2 pages in the same window and webpage notes, but I dont use those that much. Also addons are chrome-compatible.
Really the reason I have it is because it was the first browser I installed during a reinstall because I wanted to try it out, and there was never any need to install something else; it does the job

>OS
GNU
>Environment
Plasma
>Browser
Firefox
>Language
C
>Text
vim
>torrent
I don't steal copyrighted media, and downloading everything else is infinitely more efficient and functional using direct downloading methods.
>graphics
gimp
>music
clementine
>video
mpv
>backup
tar

>backing up on ssd
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

>It also has things like viewing 2 pages in the same window

I'm on the latest snapshot and don't see this. The only browser I've seen with this is Opera Neon. How do you activate it in Vivaldi?

Interesting. I may switch to it and see how I like it. Thanks for answering.

>show panel
>add web panel
I have a vertical monitor for viewing webpages and web panels are only horizontal so I dont use it much.

is it bad

Web panels aren't anywhere close to being 2 pages in the same window. It's like holding your phone up to your computer to browser. It's just the mobile version and not a full page.

oh wait, I was mistaken. To view multiple web pages, stack the tabs you want to view and hit the "page tiling" button on the bottom. I never knew how to do this, but I guess you learn something new everyday

Oh shit it works. Not all intuitive but that did it.

I don't even use Linux and I can recognize most of the software, you should get that mental deficiency diagnosed.

bully me