Linux is user friendly

>Linux is user friendly

Never keked so much in my life.

>Can't follow three steps
Did your mom cook for you your whole life?

>open gnome disks
>Format

For real though - if linux is too hard just install babby tools like linux mint until you get the hang of it.

What exactly is the issue? The OP asked to get a solution via command line. 3 simple commands and its done.

What isn't user friendly about that?

It's pretty user friendly if you just want to use it for a facebook machine. The intermediate stage of 'use it for slightly more than a facebook machine but not actually do anything technical' is not user friendly.

>gnome
>open file manager
>right-click
>format
Less clicks than in Windows.

Fuck off from this board. You're either trolling, retarded, or trying to justify your inability to use an OS due to option 2.

All these "hur dur linux is too hard" shitposts are getting old. Just stick to windows / OSX if you're incapable of understanding the concept of needing to spend time learning how to use a device as complicated as a modern computer properly without being babysat by it.

>Keyword: terminal
Shitty bait.

You can use GParted for this kind of thing, which has a full GUI.

So their opinion of 'An OS needs to be user friendly' is invalid. But your opinion of 'Users need to be more computer educated' isn't?

Both are equally as substance-less. No one wants to 'learn' how to use a new device. They just want to use it.

This. Used GPartEd long LONG before I really got into using Linux daily simply because it did shit that Windows didn't do without the..install disc for some reason?? Fuck that I'll burn a tiny program to a USB stick and boot that up to do my heavy partition editing.

>nurse here,
Linux is easy as piss, you're just retarded

very happy to see that stupid fuck leaving office in a few days desu, but i have to hand it to him - he took very very good care of his teeth

truly 10/10 oral hygiene
-a million/10 as pres tho

just try fucking printing shit

>>Linux is user friendly
>
>Never keked so much in my life.
and how do you format usb drive in windows cmd?
diskpart
list disk
select disk x
clean
create partition primary
select partition x
format fs=FAT32 quick
active
assign

#REKT

>Linux is user friendly
who are you quoting?

i dont know, im new to this Sup Forums stuff

>using ubuntu terminal
>using terminal
here's your (You)

Or you could do it like any sane person and right click the drive and select "format"

Don't even have to open any utilities to do that

Right click on the drive > Format

Fucking idiot

It IS user friendly as long as the user is not technologically illiterate

The linux terminal is much more convienent than any ui.

>tech literate now means you have to know every linux command
New user has to google every single thing.
To get the hang of the system, one would have to spend months, and only a few people are that autistic

>No one wants to 'learn' how to use a new device. They just want to use it.
How did you learn to use the computer you're using right now asshat?
You surely didn't learn to use it did you?

>New user has to google every single thing.
Isn't it the same for windows and OSX? Look at a new user, they will ask for help all the time

if Windows is so user friendly then how do i remove the botnet?

The difference is I can for the most part click my way through Windows and see what my clicks do.

Invoking random commands in terminal to see what they do isn't that great of an idea unless you want to reinstall system every 30 min.

At least he didn't have to google every single thing :-)

command line really is user friendly if you take the 30 minutes to learn the conventions.

I don't remember ever using CLI in Windows. Sure I googled something once or twice but it was done in a graphical interface and not copy pasting 10 different commands and not even knowing what the commands do.
Even "feature rich" distros like Ubuntu require CLI tinkering to fix things.

>win
>open file explorer
>right click
>format

wewlad.jpg

But the question specifies how to format usb using terminal?

oh.. you mean like in linux?
question was for CMD fucktards

>Invoking random commands in terminal to see what they do isn't that great of an idea unless you want to reinstall system every 30 min.
you literally need to learn to do this
random_command --help

And this will solve 99% of your problems. The remaining 1% will be solved by
man random_command

Done

Because googling is so much worse than asking someone else :-)

>Even "feature rich" distros like Ubuntu require CLI tinkering to fix things.
This is false for, modern day linux distros are stupid easy to use, you NEVER have to open up the terminal if you're a casual user just browsing, typing out documents, and listening to music

You missed the part where the original question involved how to do this using the terminal. If using a GUI, then both Windows and Ubuntu does the same thing with roughly the same number of actions, but the situation is different when using a CLI.

>implying normal user wouldn't be like
>invoke --help
>what is this technical mumbo jumbo
>i'll just try this one, maybe it works
>chmod -R 777 /

That is the """""normal user"""""s problem, the solution is right there in front of his eyes
Using computers isn't hard user, its just that people do not bother to get their concepts right. If you were to ask a """""normal user""""" what is the difference between a directory and a file, he would look at you like a fucking potato. In fact most """""normal user""""" use traditional desktop based computer operating systems for browsing the internet, nothing more than that

He asked to do it with terminal. Formatting a flash drive using Windows terminal is way more painful

Yea but no one here gives a fuck if some normie finds linux confusing. It adds nothing to anything and really all you've done is killed a thread that might have actually gone somewhere. tl;dr fuck off with pointless unfunny shit posting

>you NEVER have to open up the terminal if you're a casual user just browsing, typing out documents, and listening to music
I need to open a terminal just to add some slightly fancy app or system mod.
The "facebook machine" thing is limited.
Also, chromebooks are much better in that regard.

Not really, a new user can do more with Windows out of the box by just fumbling around and not using any command line. Out of the box Ubuntu by comparison just limits what you can do with clicks, to the point that a new user will inevitably need to use the command line and then break everything.

>35 posts omnitted

kill yourselves, all of you.

Apple Macbook doesn't have this problem

t. Brainlet