Want to buy a subwoofer

>want to buy a subwoofer
>live in a building

what do? Is there a way not do disturb neighbors?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B01760FAFQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
thebuttkicker.com/gamer2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't do it Trayvon

Use headphones.

I don't like headphones

Then no

Nobody wants to hear your nigger music blasting Jamal.

You have four options:
>1. Dont be poor. Move into a house.
>2. Be stubborn and poor. Buy pic related.
>3. Dont be a faggot and get headphones.
>4. Buy sub and find the natural frequency of the building: blast it. Post pics.

same problem, pic related...
Fuck you
and movies...?

when will they realise sound foam doesnt block noise.

also dont get a fucking sub woofer, a proper balanced speaker set up doesn't need one

Not op, but I am also in the market to buy a sub/sound system for my pc. I've been looking at the logitech z533 and it looks pretty decent. I can pick one up for $75 tomorrow but I want some advice on whether this is the best bang for my buck or not.

Also, if anyone has one, what is the bass like?

i have monitors and they have built in subwoofers and can loud as fuck, why not buy monitors?

I guess that could work, but I'm just worried that the noise might be too loud for the neighbors

i can tell you right noe theyll sound like shot and this isnt a true subwoofer or is low quality.

what monitors ooc? usually i see monitors with only a woofer and tweeter, sure its a sub and not a woofer capable of low ends?

you said you live in a building, do you mean apartment? dont invest in speakers, invest in getting your ass into a house

OP I have a shitty 2.0 creative setup and sometimes I wonder if the bass is too much

don't be a tard and get a sub woofer

wait till you own property to do that

>i can tell you right noe theyll sound like shot and this isnt a true subwoofer or is low quality.
bitch I have these are they are fucking awesome and can get loud as fuck
amazon.com/gp/product/B01760FAFQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i think you might be retarded.

>i think you might be retarded.
explain

I used to not like headphones until my speakers broke and I was force to use them. Just try it and you'll get used them

read who im replying to, you speakers cost around 10 times what he posted. if theyre anything like hs8 then they sound good but ive never listed to your speakers.

>My meme speakers can go below 35 hz

>also dont get a fucking sub woofer, a proper balanced speaker set up doesn't need one

You're dumb. Stop posting in audio threads.

JTFC. It's like this place is full of 9 year olds. OP, buy a bass shaker or two. They're cheap. $25 generally used. They're force feedback for your chair. Bolt them to your chair and use normal speakers. You'll get the sensation of a huge sub without rattling your neighbors.

Pic related.

>foam doesn't stop noise
>studios just use it for kicks

link?

>live in a building
As opposed to living in a tree?

he's obviously black or brown. living in a building is a huge thing to him.

Lame

Buy a fingerbox instead OP

What's lame is living in Section 8 housing and swiping those EBT cards, Tyrone.

GTFO and take your shit animalistic music with you.

not really
subwoofers produce a lot of very irritating infrasound

Play drone and shout satanic chants when you're not listening to other music. If they complain, it's religious discrimination, and you're actually just an english speaking muslim

aura bassshakers

are you fucking daft? studios dont worry about fucking neighbors you mongreloid

Foam or even a good deal of sound-proofing would only work on high frequencies anyway. The higher the frequency of sound, the more directional it is, and this easily influenced by room geometry. Conversely, sub-bass frequencies radiate outwards in all directions and aren't phased by physical obstacles, your neighbors will hear the low hz from your dubstep even through several feet of concrete.

buy a submeower

thats why hes fucking daft, they wouldnt need to put up soundproofing in a professional studio, so the foam is obviously not for sound proofing. Its more for stifling reverb and bits of echo

OUT OF MY WAY PLEB FUCKING SHITS

2.1 MASTER SETUP COMING THROUGH

even in a house all of your neigbours can hear it at even the lowest levels of thump

>having neighbors

get some headphones with excellent bass response
the simple fact is low frequencies are going to penetrate walls and apartments 3 doors down are going to know you're using it
or as other anons have said, move into a house

>>bitch I have these
>goes on to link nearly $1,000 speakers

Lemme know what prisons like jamal after they arrest yo ghetto trash ass

Kek wat a fucking weeb. Kys

Subwoofers are for degenerates.

>
it stops reflect ion of sound, low frequencies are going to leak like mad

hes a retard

Ask people to make a sound isolation.

I have a headphone, but it doesn't sound a subwoofers do. On my headphones it's always on mid-high.

>my whole squad lit senpai

put it in your car!

don't, I have a set of monitors which I want to pair with a yamaha hs8s but I am waiting until I get out of this flat and into a proper house, you'll never fully enjoy them

Bought these for €1400. No cables running around, connects to laptop over Bluetooth. 10/10 bass 8.5/10 sound

idk man, i think the hs8s would be too much. i have a fair sized studio (4.5m x 4.8m) and with correct set up (with hs8) the bass is fairly crazy. though i dont know, ive never heard what ot sound like with the hs8s. what do you think is the minimum room size for one, out of curiosity.

I have a booklet about room dimensions and subwoofers, I think you can find info online too, all I can remember is that my 4x4 (meters) is nowhere near enough for me to take advantage of them

What do you guys recommend I should get? I got this for $150 like 4 years ago but the remote stopped working for whatever dumb reason so now I can't use it anymore.
Any alternative to this 5.1 virtual surround thing?

Pic related, they even make a gaymen model. Might want to get a nice carpet to put your chair on though.

Of course you should just fucking man up and get the concert one, but for that you need a strong amp that doesn't mind low-ohm abuse otherwise the magic smoke will probably come out pretty quickly.

thebuttkicker.com/gamer2

do you *need* sub 35hz?

no.

I use 3 sound systems daily, one at work, one at my desk at home, one at my tv. None of them need a sub to get decent bass reproduction.

Fuck subwoofers, they exist only to satisfy niggers.

figured as much, with the considerably long wavelengths its a pointless investment. i mean it doesnt matter about the hs8's because theyre near fields but can you even make a near field sub?

you could just get a new remote

i guarantee theyre all pretty bad, tv set ups are always bad, work set up is likely small

2.1 Electrostatic Speakers.

>4. Buy sub and find the natural frequency of the building: blast it. Post pics.
that's not what pic related does
no, however there is a way to disturb your neighbours: mount an mtx jackhammer to your wall

Subwoofers are not for MOAR BASS, imbecil.

>and movies...?
amazingly, headphones work for all sound, not just music.

TV set up is a yamaha 103 soundbar. Desk setup is Creative T20. Work setup is something Panasonic, ot is probably the worst of the two.

I also have meme headphones AKG K7xx w/ O2 Amp (I assembled myself) and FIIO E10k dac stage, if I really want to hear every detail of a song.

I care about clear good sounding audio, just not to audiophile levels.

depends on the speakers, some are really shit at doing anything below 120hz (anything 5" or smaller)

I live in a building too, definitely an upgrade from the bridge I was living in before.

>"A subwoofer (or sub) is a woofer, or a complete loudspeaker, which is dedicated to the reproduction of low-pitched audio frequencies known as bass."

but yeah I guess I'm retarded. Low frequency effects are totally worth it if you want to piss off the neighbours too.

I would but when I contacted the company they said they don't sell those remotes individually and I'd have to buy a new set completely...
like this? 2 speakers and a sub seem a little lackluster desu

Not him but...
>do you *need* sub 35hz?
Yes, I hate country and chinese cartoons music

>I use 3 sound systems daily, one at work, one at my desk at home
All can go below 35 Hz without the sub?

>one at my tv
I gest you own a 2.0 system for your home cinema...what a waste.

>None of them need a sub to get decent bass reproduction.
What is a ''decent bass reproduction''? Would you buy a headphone who cut Fuck subwoofers, they exist only to satisfy niggers
I don't know what about I talk : the post

>live in a commie tower
Stop pls

soundbars always sound bad and dont give you enough space

t20 is way too small. honestly you may care but your setups are both pretty bad.

what do you even need it for? you can use universal remotes, or even your phone if its got an ir blaster

hes a fucking retard, theres a balance between having terrible equipment and spending too much (diminishing returns and placebo)

>sitting that far away from a tiny tv

low volume with medium bass will do the trick

Stop being a nigger

why is it that mostly badly informed and/or retarded people post in these audio related threads

>way not do disturb neighbors?

No.

By definition, subwoofers penetrate everything for 2 kilometers. The better the subwoofer, the more efficient the penetration.

>louder = better
sure thing

carpet + rugs + thick curtains + foam tiles on the wall

they absorb sound coming out but doesn't do anything for sound coming in

you don't have to cover all of the walls but the more the better. just do 2 four tile squares and find places for them and add as you like.

I had one, payed 61 eur during black Friday it had a pretty decent sound quality and the subwoofer was plenty for gaming n' shite

But i had to return it twice because both of them had a strong humm when in standby and the woofer made an high pitch whine when turned off

>encouraging nigger behavior

just buy some headphones you faggot

Since noise laws generally kick in at about 8pm, I wouldn't worry about the neighbors until that time. You can legally blast up until then. Turn it down or off at night.

nigger

Im sorry I don't base my actions around the approval of total strangers.

That looks like a pretty expensive fingerbox, OP.

>come home after work
>nigger neighbor
>BOOM BOOM BOOM WUB WUB WUB WOOSH WOOSH WOOSH

nigger

> (OP)
>Since noise laws generally kick in at about 8pm, I wouldn't worry about the neighbors until that time. You can legally blast up until then. Turn it down or off at night.

yeah you're a piece of shit and I hope you lose your hearing

>living in an apartment building
>using a subwoofer

pick one and only one

>his speakers aren't full range
plebs everywhere

11pm here
Feels good to be mustard race

Cry more fagboy

Don't be a jerk to your neighbors.

What speakers do you have now? What are you doing with your speakers?

Yeah please don't be the cunt with a subwoofer.
My neighbors have one and it's the fucking worst thing in the world.
The building is well isolated so you only hear the low frequency sounds.
It's like living just outside a nightclub.

Then your only choice is annoying your neighbours

No.

comfy

woods, no cable, no reception, upgraded to a 30" moniotor instead. prob use the crt upstairs more. a 55 or so is next, 4Ks are getting better every gen.

tis, if you can handle the environment.

I had a similar issue, ended up splurging for a subpac m2, basically a wearable backpack sub. For the price I'm not sure if it's worth it fully, they really need to tweak some stuff before it's amazing. But it does allow you to feel bass without outputting much noise, similar to the buttkicker. Although the subpac I found more musically accurate. Our just be a cunt and crank a $50 sub until you get evicted.

>le 4k memeia
Definitely a faggot retarded weeb

Did you get lost on your way to Sup Forums or something? You sound like one of idiots.