No headphone jack != being "courageous"

No headphone jack != being "courageous".

Other urls found in this thread:

apple.com/shop/product/MK0X2AM/A/usb-c-to-lightning-cable-1-m
youtu.be/PmTSN4zWeQ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>we packed in so much great stuff that we didnt have room!!!

OK grandpa

But their macbooks have one?

>only one speaker

And still you faggots cant stop talking about it hmmmm

The courage to alienate your userbase that buys more expensive IEMs than the phone itself.

Do the new phones ship a USB-C to Lightning cable so it can sync with the new MacBook?

this is edgy stuff

Why didn't they just put a port at the top?

It would be the same size, no?

of course not, I'm not sure such a cable even exists

they've migrated to laptops.

It does, they've been around for a while.

Apple is pushing towards the future and everyone is obviously hating on them. Apple knows this but their mission is to be an innovator which they will never stop being.

If they're pushing toward the future, then how come they keep releasing regressive products like the new Macbook Pro and iPhone?

Daily reminder that crapple gayphone is a sex toy you shove up your ass to feel those important vibrations your bf sent from his crapple watch. You don't get angry that your sex toy doesn't let you plug in a pair of headphones.

Old news is old as fuck.

Did you just discover this OP?

no, it's not

It's a cuck thing..

>so it can sync with the new MacBook?
Why would you do that, when iCloud exists?

Any sort of local file transfer or storage is literally deprecated.

t. Apple

I refuse to buy any phone without a headphone jack.

I really hope Samsung and other Android companies won't all follow Apple's consumer milking route of removing functionality so they can sell more accessoires.

If they do, they won't get my money, period.

Yeah, they're a bit like Jesus Christ right?

Fucking this. I'm just waiting for some chucklefuck at apple to put a 2.5mm port on a phone and pretend it's new technology.

lmao oh look Sup Forums clinging to old shit again

member when the macbook air came out and everyone on Sup Forums acted like backed up daily to DVD's and needed it 6 times a day

>i want century old jacks for my analogue audio

top kek

apple.com/shop/product/MK0X2AM/A/usb-c-to-lightning-cable-1-m

Not included with any purchase of an iPhone, iPad, MacBook or MacBook Pro.

There is nothing wrong with no headphone jack, that shit should've died long ago and killing it was a great idea. Saving space while increasing either battery life or adding other features is a win-win. Poor people can still use their old headphones, so it's not like there is an issue for anybody but hardcore autists.

Apple fucked up because they didn't use an universal port, creating the idiotic situation where it's impossible to connect their newest phone with their newest laptop out of the box or even use new headphones on their new laptops. Not killing headphone jack on the laptop was idiotic too.

i dont want two wireless power stations right next to my brain for hours and hours.
bluetooth also sucks ass, it never works properly

so get apple's W1 chip

shits on BT

>complaining about muh radiation

lmao how's those wifi headaches going

Did you try healing stones against the cancer? Works for me after I rubbed my body in snakeoil perfectly.

>muh wireless

Enjoy latency, having to charge even your headphones and subpar quality

>oh no this 20ms delay is unlistenable

It's not like you can use your own headphones or the ones in the box until the technology matures, right?

great and original observation, OP

What exactly is futuristic about no headphone jack? it's not an obsolete tech.

All wireless is the future for everything

wireless doesn't work.
pushing for a technology before it's ready isn't progress, it's just dumb

>wireless doesn't work.

Where?

audio. especially iems are absolutely horrendous

How is this even a problem? Why does everybody somehow forget the fact that it comes with an adapter for 3.5mm headphones in the box?

how does everyone forget that the adapter makes the """premium""" phone look retarded?

>I'll only respond to one out of three points because I realized that my argument is shit
>20ms

Sure thing, the last time I used bluetooth headphones to watch a video the latency caused noticeable audio sync issues. No thanks.

>samefagging

>your own headphones

I would rather buy a proper phone just to avoid having to carry and use a dangling tumor. Also what's the point of removing it if you aren't going to make it thinner(as if it's a legit reason) and going to include a DAC?
>until the technology matures

We've had wireless audio for more than a decade, what makes you think that it'll suddenly become better just because applel released a product using the technology, whose flaws cause these issues I listed? Even if the technology gets better, the problems are caused by the hardware, not the software. Even if a bluetooth version that fixes the issues gets released, you won't get it unless you buy a new phone.

>2.4 GHz
So dangerous
>5 GHz
OMG

>samefagging
Yes, everyone who disagrees with you is a samefag.

>a dangling tumor
It's going to be in the pocket either way, and it gives you a bit more range.

>Also what's the point of removing it if you aren't going to make it thinner
Because it's not just about that. The headphone jack is fucking gigantic and the space could be used better.

>what makes you think that it'll suddenly become better
Because it's already perfectly fine for normal people and the only issue is battery life/stupid charging solutions.

>
I was cool with abandoning optical drives loong before the macbook air. This is stupid, though

>Yes, everyone who disagrees with you is a samefag.

You surely convinced me.

>It's going to be in the pocket either way, and it gives you a bit more range.
>Because it's not just about that. The headphone jack is fucking gigantic and the space could be used better.

Because taking a """gigantic"" thing out for the much bigger taptic engine also known as pointless gimmick, and telling the user to carry an even bigger and impractical dongle is a better approach, right? To ad insult to the injury they didn't even add anything to the empty space, merely a "barometric vent", which is aplel's way of saying plastic piece that doesn't serve a purpose.

>Because it's already perfectly fine for normal people and the only issue is battery life/stupid charging solutions.
>delay in audio that makes watching videos unpleasant

Tell me, the same technology has been present on nearly every smartphone but why has the majority preferred wired ones when they had the option to go wireless? Having both is clearly superior and it's not like there's a valid reason to remove it, it's the most ubiquitous audio interface on the world, making phones thinner at this point is simply retarded and you have to include a DAC anyway unless you also remove the speaker(s).

>, and
I dun goof'd

what did? you mean regular ports that aren't apple-proprietary?

wireless audio
god
why
fucking why
people exist who not only don't give a shit about having a dac + a decent pair of headphones, they go full, maximum retard, drop to the trisomy tier of stupidity and choose wireless, which is full of interference, lag, all kinds of detrimental shit

> and telling the user to carry an even bigger and impractical dongle
You don't have to carry the dongle. It's funny how people bitch about Apple not giving them options and bitch even more when they do get options.

You can either use dongle, or their headphones or wireless ones. In either scenario you get more space in phone for whatever they come up to fill it, while the dongle is only an issue if you're one out of three potential scenarios.

>To ad insult to the injury they didn't even add anything to the empty space
That'd be another issue though. Removing the headphone jack gives the option to use the space better, whether the manufacturers will do it is another question. Basically like having fast hardware is step one and software to fully use the hardware step two.

Even if Apple don't come up with anything decent, given that others will copy them, you might get better results from them. The option is now there.

>delay in audio that makes watching videos unpleasant
Maybe for you. I never noticed anything while testing the shit.

> the same technology has been present on nearly every smartphone but why has the majority preferred wired ones when they had the option to go wireless?
Because battery tech is still an issue with wireless and the solutions are tricky to implement. Also often price and fear of novelty. Poorfags and people who don't want progress are pretty much irrelevant though, so who cares.

> Having both is clearly superior
Waste of space yo.

>making phones thinner at this point is simply retarded
Maybe for you. I'd love for them to be as thin as usb c port. The market developments sure seem to agree with me.

Bluetooth headphones>3.5mm jack headphones

Regular headphones are junk.
Their cables bend and break and they look bad

>WiFi headaches
This is what retards actually believe

>Bluetooth headphones>3.5mm jack headphones
if you actually believe this you are straight up wrong. empirically

>You don't have to carry the dongle. It's funny how people bitch about Apple not giving them options and bitch even more when they do get options.
>I can't comprehend what I read

This is about replacing an option with a worse one for no reason, autist.

>In either scenario you get more space in phone

Gee, I've always wanted to have a pointless piece of plastic inside my phone, thanks Apple! It's funny how even a shill like you cannot come up with a real reason to remove it.

>That'd be another issue though. Removing the headphone jack gives the option to use the space better

Having a just a little bit longer PCB is sure worth it, right? It's not like size is a problem for manufacturers since phones are already huge and I don't really see anyone using it to add something that's more useful than headphone support.

>Because battery tech is still an issue with wireless and the solutions are tricky to implement. Also often price and fear of novelty. Poorfags and people who don't want progress are pretty much irrelevant though, so who cares.

Exactly, and those problems aren't going away in the near future. Even if they get fixed, it's not like you'll get them without a phone change anyway. As you said, you are buying technology that hasn't matured yet.

>Waste of space yo.

Removing useful features for a fuckhueg and gimmicky "taptic engine" and a pointless piece of decorative plastic is an even bigger waste of space.

>The market developments sure seem to agree with me

It' not like they have anything to advertise as innovation is pretty much gone in the phone industry. Making stuff 0.2mm thinner is an easier way out. Also nobody would prefer an unnoticeable increase in thinness to better battery life.

>As you said, you are buying technology that hasn't matured yet.
Yeah, pretty much. But again, the downside is basically non existent for most buyers since the use the boxed headphones either way. The benefits of removing it are definitely not there yet but you can't take step 2 without making step 1.

>Also nobody would prefer an unnoticeable increase in thinness to better battery life.
It wouldn't be unnoticeable, it's not just about the thickness but about the overall space it consumes. Now with it gone, the next model can be noticeable thinner, and battery life is not an issue since A9 either way. Few hours more wouldn't change shit since most charge their phone every day, whether they do it at 20% or 50% doesn't matter.

Also just for the record, I find the new iPhone horrible and wouldn't want it for free. I do like the removal of headphone jack because it will force improvements in the future.

It's like I don't see the fucking advantage of an EVEN thinner phone. I just fucking DONT

I had the 6splus and traded that back in to get the SE because I was in bed one day and dropped my phone on my face and it fucking HURT. It left a GODDAMN BRUISE on my nose.

JUST GIVE ME BETTER BATTERY LIFE APPLE ITS A FUCKING PHONE TO COMMUNICATE WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY NOT MY 420ENT-ERTAINMENT MACHINE FUCK YOU

Yes I'm upset at the future. I'm only 24 and I'm pretty bothered by the concept of using a dongle.

Yes I own bluetooth headphones for working out but they fucking SUCK to actually hear good quality out of your music.

SHUT THE FUCK UP APPLE IS AS COURAGEOUS AS A WOUNDED BUTTERFLY FLYING AGAINST THE WIND AND YOU KNOW IT

>step 2 without making step 1

I get your point but the thing is there isn't going to be a wireless headphone that you don't have to charge manually(and that's assuming we can find a way to wirelessly charge stuff over a distance) any time soon so why switch to a worse implementation?

>Now with it gone, the next model can be noticeable thinner, and battery life is not an issue since A9 either way
>it's okay to remove the jack because more space means improvements but improvements aren't important when it comes to thinness

Seriously, you wouldn't notice a 0.5mm change and thinness isn't a valid excuse. The vivo x5 max is currently the thinnest phone out there(4.75mm) and it has a headphone jack.

>since most charge their phone every day

You do realize that the majority complain about battery life the most and some even carry powerbanks around due to that, right? I'm pretty sure those people would like to have better battery life.

>I do like the removal of headphone jack because it will force improvements in the future.

That's another way to look at it but I don't really find removing a useful feature in order to improve a worse solution logical.

Apple leading the way once again.

The 7's taptic engine is fucking fantastic though.

>increased taptic engine and shit battery life is a win-win
Try again

There isn't an advantage. It's just marketing.
>muh pixels
>muh Ghz
>muh RAM
>muh thin

Don't use their made up words, it's a fucking vibration function to provide haptic feedback, not some "taptic" wankery.

My gf has a 6s and it has a 3.5mm and is still thinner than my 7+. I don't understand why apple did this.

This user is right.
The iPhone SE is the closest thing to perfection.

They never said they did it to make it thinner

You idiots. Apple is very well known for proprietary hardware. Apple pay has been rolled out and it uses NFC. I have seen a lot of mom&pop operations using 3.5mm jack magnetic stripe readers on iPads as their POS (point of sales). As a company, you eliminate the connector compatible with competitors hardware you can force the end users into your money exchange service.

then what the hell is the reasoning.

there was always just one

Apple did it because they thought that they could make more money by selling proprietary adapters, even if it means that some people won't buy the phone.

You're describing the same function, get a fucking grip.

see
(OP)

This

Yes! Holy shit I've had a hell of a time explaining to my in-laws about this, they blindly got iPhone 7's and gave away their old iPads and suddenly "oh we can't make credit card payments".

Before anyone asks, no it doesn't work with the dongle. The dongle is basically a mini adac soundcard and it breaks Square.

Fucking $60 bluetooth card reader because Apple HAD to go thinner.

Jerryrigeverything made a video on this when the phone came out. He believes the phone reason Apple does this is to jew royalties from manufacturers, and I'm inclined to agree.
youtu.be/PmTSN4zWeQ0

KEK

I don't hate the apple company for that. They are a business. If the hardware is the right for you, don't buy their shit. A lot of people don't consider their needs before purchase, that is where they get their customers. They make them conform to their hardware instead of conform the hardware to the end user's needs. From a business standpoint it is brilliant. From a consumer standpoint, it sucks..Hard!!

What money you virgin NEET? Good boy points is only legal tender under mummy.

It's massively better than any simple vibrations from other phones.

The effects from the "happy new year" message effects felt like a party in my hands.

It looks like being a mac-fan is very similar to being in an abusive relationship

>I have seen a lot of mom&pop operations using 3.5mm jack magnetic stripe readers on iPads as their POS (point of sales).
Cant say I have ever seen that. Of course I have never seen a place that accepts apple pay either.

It's extremely common where I am (Miami). Theres a lot of food trucks and small businesses that use them but the full Square Computers are becoming more common because there is a negative perception of being charged with a phone or tablet.

>His phone doesn't have two (2) headphone jacks.

>look this up thinking it's probably audiophile ultra-expensive shit
>actually it's just an under-powered chinkphone
ok