I'm from Sup Forums and I see that many computer don't account for bitrot. It's a same... SAD!

I'm from Sup Forums and I see that many computer don't account for bitrot. It's a same... SAD!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_rot
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

*shame

Luckily I use flac

>I'm from Sup Forums
SAD!

>Sup Forums
found the problem

ZFS actually does!

Bu event macfags don't get it despite it being easily possible, because apple a shit, and lunix lusers don't get it because it's incompatible with communism

So BTRFS actually does!

Sounds proprietary as FUCK. Bit Rot is free as in free beer and freedom.

No one owns a computer that accounts for bitrot, unless they have a ZFS-based Linux server with ECC RAM, which probably means they're some full autist that only listen to anime music and jpop anyway.

Every year, my music sounds a little worse. It's making me sick. I think that I may have to invest in this ZFS-based server. Thanks. Less grays hairs to deal with.

My computer is slowing down to a crawl because of bitrot. It's a fucking bitch to deal with.

I'm being consumed by bit rot man... I just got out of therapy because I know my computer and all its programs are being deteriorated. I have terabytes of rot. It think I'm going to lose it all. Currently making a backup on a new drive I just bought.

That pic looks like it rotted. Better buy a new computer user. Get a mac to be safe.

>Sup Forums
Why the fuck do you think your posts are welcomed anywhere, even Sup Forums?

It's filtered, not broken, probably using an iPhone app

I've witnessed countless bit rot horror stories. Don't come crying back to me when it happens (and it WILL).

This pic used to be something else, but bit rot turned it into whatever this is.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_rot

Sounds like this thread is rotting.

Never heard of these. Thanks for the info.

What a fucking meme. What's next? Are my files going to go stale? My computer isn't fucking food. It doesn't ROT.

I keep checksums of my files, and I haven't noticed anything "rot" yet from simply staying on disk.

Only times I've corrupted data are when the system or program has crashed in the middle of doing shit. Or when I've simply accidentally deleted files.

Bit rot doesn't exist.

Software rot is about updates and new operating systems breaking old software it's not about files degrading over time.

Ubuntu and openSUSE actually does! support ZFS