Name me one reason why a law-abiding citizen like me should use Linsucks over professional...

Name me one reason why a law-abiding citizen like me should use Linsucks over professional, stable software like Windows.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ch11ng/exwm/
twitter.com/lordofthelake/status/495254623813664768
dirtycow.ninja/
microsoft.com/northafrica/careers/positions/de.htm
antitrust.slated.org/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/3000/PX03096.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck off shill

hobby bro its a hobby
Why so much hate?

>stable software like Windows.
This hasn't been true for years. Windows is a piece of shit.Microsoft knows it,it's ok to admit now.

thumbnails in the Downloads directory don't take 5 minutes to load

it doesn't crash the desktop ui each time i insert a usb stick/memory card

>People like things I don't?
>I'll tell my friends at Sup Forums about it, I'm sure they will agree!

>professional, stable software like Windows.
>like Windows.
>Windows.
OH LAWD

>try to install microsoft office
>lel need .net framework
>install .net framework
>program still refuses to install
>turns out another version of .net framework on the machine is somehow broken and multiple repair and reinstalls didn't fix it
>reinstall whole OS just so i can install one program
>professional, stable software

meanwhile
>try to install libreoffice
>it just werks

Linux sucks... because? You forgot to state the actual reason, so let me do it for you.

The problem is Xorg which provides a shitty experience to end user and scares away normies who can't deal with screen tearing and near deaf volume output.

Aside from that it is fun to use, terminal is throwback to my DOS days, I love the package management.

Hopefull Wayland/Mir might redeem Linux.

There are pros and cons to both.

Before Windows 10 Linux was way ahead of Windows in terms of speed and hardware support (out of the box). Now that has changed, but Windows 10 is basically spyware. Linux does nothing to your data.

Linux is really really great for webdevelopment, data science and scripting. Windows is really shit for that.

Linux has a good package manager, Windows has crap.

Security on Linux is inherently better than on Windows (double klicking a .lnk file in Windows still can completely and utterly infect your system, bypassing any security measurements, without you even noticing it).

Windows on the other hand has (of course) a way larger and qualitatively better software stack. Windows is better for some languages to code in (because of their respective IDEs). Windows is the far more supperiour gaming platform and also grants way more performance in that area.

Windows has a fuckton of bloatware... A FUCKTON... (and i know of ninite etc.)

That is just out of my head. I use both systems, prefering linux to code, windows to game.

.NET 2/3/4 are one click away. Just check this option in Windows features. Office 2016 / 365 only need .Net framework 4.5 anyway which is installed by default on Windows 8 and 10.

Why do you people lie on the internet?

I haven't had any problems, it hasn't updated on it's own, gave me 1 notification I clicked dont remind me again and there gone.

I can open all the software I want, I can use microsoft office. Easy networking, easy everything and i couldnt care if microsoft looks at my data.

So why would I switch?

How about this:

>Knowledge of your past decisions can be used to predict your future decisions
>So all that information John Doe shared is checked and catagorized, and lets assume John Doe is the type of person that has the potential of becoming a revolutionary, now this organization knows this
>Knowledge that John Doe poses a possible threat to current power, makes the people currently in power decide to watch him closer
>Now John Doe sees that a big bad corporation is doing some bs, or the company he is working for does something bad, or he figures something shady out the gov. is keeping secret.
> In a private world, John Doe could spark a revolution, activate people and make a difference, but in a surveillance state, John Doe is censored. Either John Doe's communication is made less effective, he is removed from the situation, he is deported to gitmo, or whatever seems to be the right course of action
> No one should have such power, and whilst you may currently trust powerful corporations and governments, some dipshit might be elected, some dick licker may be promoted, or some hacker may get lucky.

This is really why I value my privacy so much, I don't want to give any organization the ability to stop movements before they even manage to mean anything.

Just dont switch. But dont say something (linux) is shit, just because there is no reason for YOU to use it...

This is one dedicated shill.

It's not the kernel that's crap, you idiot. It's the userland that sucks!

>no arguments
You forgot to bait the hook, OP.
>can't deal with screen tearing
Not a problem with compositing WMs, which is what most people use.
>near deaf volume output.
What? Xorg doesn't even deal with audio.

Linux just doesn't have a selling point. Everything it does, other OS do better.

I have two reasons you might use it:
>You enjoy using Linux
>You prefer Linux software

Also fuck off shill

Snapshots.

Wayland is the best shit to happen to Linux in a while. It would totally make it palatable to normies... once it supports desktop icons.

>It would totally make it palatable to normies... once it supports desktop icons.

No, for the last time, the inclusion of features won't automatically attract consumers. It needs PROPER MARKETING. It needs to be shipped with computers.

The Samsung Chromebook was the best-selling laptop for over a year after it released. Right now, three of the top 10 best selling laptops on Amazon are Chromebooks.

The Linux community as it stands now is terrible at efforts to bring desktop Linux to the mainstream. Spinning cubes won't automatically result in the year of desktop Linux. Adding new features and hoping that everyone will start booming to Linux is not the way.

I don't see any mainstream OEMs shipping computers with desktop Linux on them. Many people still don't feel comfortable manually installing a different operating system on their computer.

Package managers

I don't think you understand how fundamental desktop icons are to the normie experience. The second some normie notices he can't add programs to the desktop for easy access, he's going to install Windows.

SEND
BETTER
SHILLS,
MICROKUCKS

I would like to start my own company selling Linux laptop and desktops but that shit costs money.

What does abiding by the law have to do with anything?

Not the OP, but should I switch over to Wayland on my Arch Linux setup?

kekekke linkeks wooddscrews wowoawiewa 3,5 gigs overheating housefireeeees no drivers ultra maximus kekes jew jews jewsss!velodensity flacs wooow 320kbps empeethree transparent java is teh sucks c++ beterrrrr tried rust?mozilla firekeks s shit pale meme qbit stalled memememme darkasmysoul.jpg shark sdcards chnese chink maki maki flavor of the month shitpaosting xdddd noctua value????why do yu hate le yt channel guy(he/she/it is kekkkk)adams apple >>>v > gtti epic performace 10nm benefits heat headatsss boiiii whaddapz freuency respnce kekek;e;e; wow much mpvfoobargalaxylg s7000 showing me le cawk boipucci lelel le mr robot arch le babbie shit why compp crsshing pls halp y not le dumbphone??i got boxwanna c wats inside it
le fell for the ssd meme xcdcd le mayyyymayssss lelellele fell for the(.......)16 memmemem
freedom freeedom freeeeeeeeeeeedom
what you are reffering to as niggerpost is in fact /nigger/shitpost
vistarooni instllerooni windooozer lele lunicki shittt omg woowow le macbook caplele allple touchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

github.com/ch11ng/exwm/

Linux DE sucks, it is a hobby OS, stay away from it if you want to be productive.

Hook shit, pajeet. I swear micropoo paid 5 bing points for this level of dedication. You:
>hurr mom y r they using Linux scarey terminals WAAAA
Microloo:
>hurr durr I'm butthurt over a community project

Just fucking kill yourself, unpaid low energy shill. Nobody wants your dysfunctional and ugly botnet OS.

I forgot to mention alsa and pulseaudio. Linux gets millions in funding and support. A huge community of people. I am sure they can do better than crap like xorg and alsa.

What the fuck is the problem with ALSA?

>Linux is a hobby OS

I have this IDT audio device, and it has such poor output on Linux. I have to raise volume to 150% just to hear Youtube videos with headphones.

Meanwhile Windows I keep it at 20-25% max and I can heart it across the room. This problem exists on all distros because alsa is present in all of them.

Maybe because those millions aren't being invested for gamer children?

>werks on my machine

Audio/video output quality for browsers and video playback is now a thing for man children?

Be honest, OP. Are you even being paid to spread FUD against other competing platforms?

Sounds like an issue isolated to certain hardware. What do you propose instead of ALSA, OSS, which supports even less devices?

>LINUX DE Sucks

Says the post.

>He can't even fucking read

Do a favor to humanity and stay with your Hobby DE,

>Hobby DE
>DE
Wow you never went out of your shitty basement, have you

I don't know, this is my device. I have an RT3290 wifi/bluetooth device that does not work on Linux either. This problem exists since Ubuntu 12.04.

>Using Ubuntu to SSH to a Linux server.

That's the only use it has.

You need to come up with better damage control, NEET gaymer haha

>Meanwhile, outside your Sup Forums """"battle station""""

Because one needs to be able to use their OS freely.

sauce? is that a robot?

twitter.com/lordofthelake/status/495254623813664768

>Windows
>Stable
Why would you lie in the internet?

I hereby name you "One reason why a law-abiding citizen like me should use Linsucks over professional, stable software like Windows".

Really makes you think.

dirtycow.ninja/

>Debian can't do that

meanwhile everyone at google uses ubuntu

>Open source project
>people audit code
>people find exploit
>people fix exploit

>closed source botnet
>no one audits code
>people find exploit
>MS bitches and moans
>fixes some of the publicly known exploits

You use linux only when you need to
>u a programmer
>Web developer ?
>engineer ?
> specifically need linux ?
No ?
Don't use it then

We are now in 2017 YES LINUX SUCK!

do you play lots of videgames? stay in windows
else go for linux

So convincing argumenst user, I hate Windows an Love Linux now.

Looks like he is trying to fix his video drivers in that terminal user, no surprise there.

Nice meed user, Google'rs are a bunch of OSX users, the "Googlers uses Ubuntu" is a myth to be proved.

All those things are also true for Linux, but there they don't look at your data?

For me, it is like having a traffic light in the middle of a street with no connecting streets.
There is no technical reason it should be there, but the county have a billboard they rent out for advertising and give tickets to people who don't wait for the green light.

The bad things they put in windows slows you down, is annoying and when you figure out why it exist, you get sightly annoyed about the greed and abuse of power.

And if you want Microsoft office on Linux, just install it.
I know it is slightly more work than just giving your credit card info to the 30 day trial :^) version, but it doesn't take long.

He's clearly using a GUI you blind fuck, what drivers aren't working?

I would but we both know this is a troll thread so there's not really any reason for it.

>stable
surely you're not refering to windows 10 lol

His X.org Server is crasing when he start some games and with others he is getting 2 FPS user, that is why he is using the terminal, editing config files trying to find the solution, he just need five more hours of tweaking and maybe he will get 5 fps more.

Don't use, who cares

My OS has corrupted three times using Windows. Once I had to sit there installing .dlls for hours with help from dependency once all my drivers literally just Uninstalled and once it blue screened my computer everytime I started. While there are plenty of shit distros and plenty in an infant phase where they shouldn't be used as your main OS they are definitely distros which can occomidate you no matter what you do for daily use.

After all this time, it stopped being funny that a street shitter that lives in a mud hut needs to shill on a cambodian cavepainting board for rupees.
It's sad Pajeet, just sad.

Great but hurt arguments user, I love Linux now.

It's not even remote.

If you use Gnome, yes.

Your grammar sure does, Pajeet.

Windows is professional? This is why it killed my ssd and my hitachi hdd?

Did it killed you hitashi ssd like GParted kileld mine?, come here bro.

>calls it "linsucks"
>thread gets through my filter

Fuck you, OP.

I have been using windows for all my life, always worked well for me. Building a new computer soon and dont want w10.

What distro would you guys suggest, ubuntu? I dont wanna fiddle with some 8bit kernel all day I just want it to work

ubuntu is decent, I'd definitely recommend it as a normalfag distro.

you should look through desktop environments though and find one you like. unity sucks ass imo

because you like to tinker with your computer and ms is kinda locked down?
maybe you grow weary of ms randomly switching your media drives to read only
or perhaps you just want to be able to securely check out dodgy shit

personally I'd recommend gnome-shell
it's gnome without all the extras preinstalled so you can add whatever gnome goodness you want but not have a bunch of programs you won't use preinstalled.

Until recently I believed all these microsoft shills are just some troll wannabe Sup Forums kiddies but I was completely Wrong.

Microsoft has been deploying Evangelists to support developers[1] since a long time.

Although a leaked document explicitly mentions that they are not here to support developers, they are here to shill microsoft[2] and undermine [3] other companies.

These are not just trolls. These are professional shills.

Ditch Microsoft products

Don't be fooled my Microshills. They never cared for the users. Their latest strategy is to compete with google for mass surveillance with built in spyware. Data is the most valuable good in the next century and Microsoft is trying really hard to become the monarch.

[1] microsoft.com/northafrica/careers/positions/de.htm

[2]antitrust.slated.org/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/3000/PX03096.pdf (page 4,9)

[3]antitrust.slated.org/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/3000/PX03096.pdf (page 5, 30, 35)

Go away techright.com, you forgot to take your meditation.

What a shameless bump, desperate shill. Fuck off to and collect your bing points

Get help user, soon, you hatred for MS made you stupid.

Because i don't like the NSA watching me fap, wincuck

sudo apt-get install op_is_a_faggot

One thing I don't like about Windows is the fact that you either gotta pay to learn detailed information about the OS or the information is completely concealed due to trade secrets. Linux due to it being open source you can have access to the source code.

KYS

ZFS, BTRFS file systems
Open sauce
Actually stable
Modular as hell and tuneable af
Loads of distrbutions to fit your need
No unnecessary botnet to impede your experience/ bog down your system & network
Constant improvement, each update is a treasure trove
General majority of software is both free as in freedom and more importantly: Free beer
Wicked quick on old hardware, crazy fast on newer

Fixed not an hour after it was discovered.
Windows is vulnerable to atom bombing: No fix available for the foreseeable future because of how its software is designed in a non modular way.

>Windows is vulnerable to atom bombing
What do you mean by that?

If you think windows is stable than you're an idiot normie..

why don't people just pick an os that they enjoy? Like if you like windows go with windows, if you enjoy linux go with it... idk why there always needs to be a fight over it.

Because autism

no u

More like
>werks on 99.999% of machines
>can get professional support if it doesn't

Maybe if you liked learning about and playing with computers.