So how long will it be until Apple and Microsoft have killed them?

So how long will it be until Apple and Microsoft have killed them?
Apple Pencil killed their mobile market, and surface pro/book also hurts their sales.
Are we seeing the death of overpriced graphic tablets?

wacom isnt dying anytime soon as samsung owns a share of them, so if the worse comes they'll just buy them

also the price wont go down. graphic tablets are a niche product. until that changes there is little reason for them to lower their prices. but I like more competition

why aren't we seeing a real competitor for the apple pencil from samsung. That Samsung S pen seriously doesn't cut it. For creative work, unless you are a manlet.

>niche product
m8 they are one of the reasons why games look so pretty nowadays.
It is horrible to work with a mouse, when designing 2D and 3D.

Are you implying that Apple and Microsoft products are not overpriced?

because the s-pen is for a phone?

it is still a niche product, consumer devices far outsell devices made for designers

For 600 Dollars Apple gives you something you can do on your tablet that costs 2000 dollars to do on one of Wacoms portable 2 in 1 computers.

Surface Pro is actually pretty good, but not something you should invest that much money on. Unless it costs the same as a IPad Pro.

Don't most digitizers use wacom technology anyway?

>Don't most digitizers use wacom technology anyway?
Yup, and most of these tards are too stupid to realize drawing on a tablet isn't the same as on a wacom. Its the difference between using a crayon and a pen, which is fine if you aren't a professional.

They made a lot of really fucking stupid decisions, you gotta say that. They basically designed their cintiq line as a dead end. They had right there in front of them, they could have gone bigger, but they chose to stay in the comfort zone. Also, the Cintiqs are incredibly fucking overpriced, Jesus.

It won't, Wacom survives much the same way things like Visual Studio's 12,000 dollar price tag survive, they sell to enterprises who don't give a shit and aren't going to buy devices/software that are more difficult to work with. (I have a Surface for drawing on, the fact that you need to run your target program on the surface itself is something of a problem).

Compared to Wacom? No fucking way are they overpriced. Wacom's offerings have not dropped in price in at least the last six years (as far as I can see) despite the number of small LCD panels and digitizers being manufactured skyrocketing. I got a Surface 3 for 300 Euro for drawing on, Wacom wouldn't give me anything comparable until close to the 1000 Euro mark.

Maybe there is some secret benefit to Wacom products that I can't detect because I'm not pro enough (certainly I'm not good) but I have seen actual professionals online say it's decent, that's what spurred me to buy one, and it's gonna have to be one hell of a difference to justify the often more than x3 price.

Well lets just hope Apple will force them out of that comfort zone, and make them go against their will to make some decently priced cintiqs.

>Maybe there is some secret benefit to Wacom products that I can't detect because I'm not pro enough
Same as most devices that you pay a premium for, how well it works with your other tools and the quality of the device its self. I mean you can stick racecar tires on a van, but it will never be as good as using them on the device they were meant to be used on.

>because the s-pen is for a phone?

and tablets

>Don't most digitizers use wacom technology anyway?

All the Microsoft Surface computers use N-Trig.

>and tablets

yea consumer android tablets, not something made specifically for artists

The lenovo yoga book is a good example of a tablet with a wacom pen made for artists

This is an industry I hope gets upended by Microsoft.

From talking to illustrators and designers that use both the Surface and the Wacom systems now the Wacom is still better. They say the palm rejection and the pen responsiveness/accuracy is still better on the Wacom but Microsoft is getting there!

And chromeOS 2-in-1 tablets. I wonder how popular the samsung chromebook pro will be for artists? It's like google's alternative to the ipad pro that runs android apps and comes with the keyboard and stylus.

Microsoft doesn't compete in the same fucking market. Apple might seriously hurt them in the long run.

>I have a Surface for drawing on
Which is fine for fun and all but absolute joke for actual professionals.

probably hobbyist artists, but not pros. even the apple pencil is limited in some regards, which is why they stick to wacom art tablets

>hurr muh profeshunal gearr
Please explain why you think that wacom's overpriced garbage is in any way shape or form superior to Microsoft/Samsumg/Apple

First off all they control the graphics market on a scale where not even Apple's money can hope to reach.
Secondly they have years of partnerships with Adobe, Autodesk, and all of the other mature companies. Their influence on the market is fucking unreal.

microsofts ntrig has diagonal lines issues
samsung shit is consumer grade
apple is severely limited in OS and specs, good for starting an art piece but not for a finished product

Higher sensitivity and angle detection.

>I have a Surface for drawing on, the fact that you need to run your target program on the surface itself is something of a problem
Use RDP to a powerful desktop. It sends pressure and everything.

Surface Pro 1 and 2 use Wacom

I use a Note 10 2014, which can send the pressure signal to my windows laptop

>tfw almost spent $1k on a cintiq
my medium intous just doesn't cut it for me
just waiting on that sweet sale to one day appear...