Mac Pro discontinued

Apple doesn't care about power users.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NDmOHU6lmRw
pascaleggert.de/macpro.html
macworld.co.uk/news/mac/new-mac-pro-release-date-rumours-uk-mac-pro-2017-tech-specs-new-features-3536364/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who cares

Proofs?

>put the trashcan in the trash
I'm getting dizzy

no proof obviously

If power users want Mac OS then they can hackintosh like most have been doing for years. In fact, actual Macs are just facebook machines if you don't want them to to get so hot they burn through your desk. If you want a powerful Mac, don't buy Apple hardware.

No updates since 2013

My mother's husband works at Apple and he told me the best Mac Pros are still to come.

Meanwhile the best computers capable of OSX have been around since before the imac

Apple is slowly killing off their mac devision. They only care about portables. A lot of pro users have been switching from apple, especially after the disgusting 2016 MacBook pro update. Bastard Cook doesn't seem to care since macs only make up 10% of Apple's profit pie. I'm a macfag my self and I'm truly disgusted with where this company is headed.

>Mother's husband
This is you're average applecuck

suck my fucking dick you fucking retard

The fuck are you on about?

You must be over the age of 18 to use this website.

>the best Mac Pro 2017
>crossfire RX460's
>Kaby Lake mobile chip
>8 USB-C ports (running at USB 2.0)
>$5000
Don't act like Apple wouldn't try it

just do it

What does that have to do with 1998 hardware?

>Apple
>AMD over Nvidia
lol

Not the same person you said that to. It is just very obvious you are underage based on how stupid you sound.

Please explain this like you would to someone who wasn't born after 2009

>i'm a macfag my self and I'm truly disgusted with where this company is headed
same, been a macfag for over a decade but just bought a PC

Yeah, it's not like their current Mac Pro uses FirePro cards or anything.

Don't think they even ship a single Nvidia card anymore and haven't for a while...

...but user, it's a trash can...not a trash cannot...

fuck off phoner dont talk to me!

I think Apple has used a single nvidia gpu for one generation, for like two products?

Everyone is moving from macbooks to used thinkpads running gentoo. Apple is finished.

Trust me, I know some industry insiders on a certain darknet messageboard.

>muh muh momma said
The fact youre taking an apple employees word who is also part of your family is beyond retarded even if your underage.

phone shit fuck off

They are waiting for Zen, no biggie.

it deserved to die after cook perverted it

>crossfire vega firepro gpus
>8c/16thread ryzen cpu
i'm ready

>I have no arguement
>hurr durr you're using a different platform than me
I know people say this all the time but people like you not only ruin Sup Forums, you make the human race stupider. Please don't reproduce (although you probably won't be able to anyway).

I dont get it
This is normal if you want all that shit
You only need that single dongle in the picture for the 3 HDMI cables in the pic

Applel never cared about power users, only their money.

Usb hub dongle with one USB connected, connected to computer using USB
I hate apple as much as the next guy but this is a pathetic anti-Apple image

Oh, so no proof. Ok.

All that shit would normally be inside the workstation chassis, it all has to be external now since the Mac Pro has a retarded and impractical form factor

>I hate apple as much as the next guy but this is a pathetic anti-Apple image

every time

if intel made some sort of add-on solution for Thunderbolt (pci-e cards) Apple might be considering Zen. but for now, they're locked into Intel chips.

My computer has no internal optical drive, no internal 12-in-one card reader, no internal external DAC, no other internal hard drives than what it can hold, and only one HDMI output on the motherboard
What makes my I/O different from a Mac Pro I/O?

>my external DAC I bought isn't internal
>the power outlet is now outside of the computer
>I need extra hardware just to read floppy drives?!?!
wtf I hate apple now

>DAC
>4 extra hard drives
>that surge protector
Wow sure showed me

>my little gaymen rig is even more impractical as a workstation than a Trashcan Pro
Congrats, want a cookie?

>the power outlet is now outside of the computer
To show the additional clutter from all the external devices' power cords.
>I need extra hardware just to read floppy drives?!?
Yeah, SuperDrives are totally for reading floppy disks.

So you're mad the Mac Pro is not a workstation PC? And matches the capability of a normie facebook machine?
And you're surprised by this? Just now figuring this out?

>agrees with my post
>replies with generic insult

>Apple
>""""power users""""

no enthusiast in their right mind would consider this machine properly powerful at all especially considering the price for mediocre hardware at best.

>So you're mad the Mac Pro is not a workstation PC?
Took you long enough.

The 2012 Mac Pro doesn't even have a Blu Ray drive
They're both equally shit computers

>shit that never happened
>generic insult
Why would I waste a good insult on an autistic twat?

But again, name a single peripheral in this pic that you didn't need with the old Mac Pro but would need with the new one
>blu ray
>DAC
>amp for your DAC
>external hard drives
>Card reader

Haha good meme
2012 Mac Pro was the worst Apple product
Haha autism
Pajeet
Go housefire somewhere else

At least you can install a Blu-ray drive in a 2012 model.

Blu-ray drive and HDDs can both be installed in a 2012 Mac Pro.

>Apple took away my cd drive!
A little late there old sport

>muh maymays
I see you've run out of arguments.

You're putting too much effort and thought into a post that won't be appreciated. Don't cast your pearls before swine.

On my office and several others i've visited from web developers, game developers, data labs, networking, etc are on a trend to replace desktop with laptops

this is most common on web/game/app dev studios/departments of companies

in our office about 90% of new issued computers are laptops, the remaining are desktops fitted with GPUs for video or 3D rendering

We have one framework used for datamining and running the ERP of the company

40% of our computers are macs, down from about 60% in 2015 (All designers now use surface pros and you find them sitting all over the building working on their stuff, once I found 3 guys on the UPS room because they liked the background noise the ups made)

surprisingly designs time have been lowered compared to previous years ( I believe it's due to simplistic designs becoming the norm, and designers getting their "inspiration" faster by roaming around the building)

our datasets show that time spent working have increased, some people work from their homes or during lunch hours on the cafeteria

People still have their desks so they dock their laptop to monitor/keyboard/mouse, some have never removed their laptops from the dock.

while we do have a few trashbin macs, and our "powa" users the video editors, have complained to no end about not having enough "powa" even when their desktop cost $6000+

we have plans to acquire a small render farm so they can go with standard macbooks, we've discussed going to windows but their editing programs are osX exclusive and according to them it's far better than Premiere/AfterEffects combo, I wouldn't know I'm a UX Engineer for web/app development (basically tell designers to fuck off with their 4-dimensional button animations and tell programmers why they can't have a sidebar with 173 items)

good thing we'll get thunderbolt 3 GPU docks later this year so we aren't stuck playing CS:GO or BF1 at 960x600@40fps

Pic relevant

>8 USB-C ports (running at USB 2.0)
okay while the rest of your post is true apple at least won't do this shit

Well that thing is slow as shit, so discontinuing it for something faster tells us the opposite.
Well...If they make a faster one that is.

It costs twice as much as a PC that can do 2 times the benchmark performance.
youtube.com/watch?v=NDmOHU6lmRw

Cinebench
Mac Pro $4000 = 75FPS
PC $2000 = 141FPS

Unigine Valley
Mac Pro $4000 = 14.8FPS (8.8-24.5 FPS)
PC $2000 = 49.9FPS (25.5-89.5 FPS)

Mac Pro was great back in 2012/2013 when Ivy Bridge-E and the Radeon 7970 were still good

Apple neglecting it for years turned it into a complete joke though. Cunts probably couldn't be bothered with it once Intel switched sockets and updated the platform for DDR4.

If they released a new one with modern guts in it I'd probably buy one.

Who isn't? That's what the Mac Pro/Power Mac line has always been up to this point, and what the current trashcan wants you to think it is, yet it's an absolutely poor excuse for one with an utterly shit case design that solves a problem that never existed and looks terrible while it does it.

can Sup Forums stop comparing the trashcan to home-built gaymer shit while trying to act like they know dick about the numbers they're regurgitating even though they can't think of a computer in terms of anything but games?

at least throw up one of the single-socket workstations it's designed to """compete""" with (that will also blow it the fuck out)

>games
It did CPU calculations and GPU rendering, lost on both then also lost big time in a test that just happen to have lots of gaming features.

I don't go for but muh price/performance when the perfomance is lower but way cheaper, but this is a computer that cost twice but performs 2-3 times slower so it's around 4x-6x slower for the same price.

Shut the fuck up, and get the fuck out of Sup Forums since you certainly don't belong here since you hate good technological hardware.

Pro tip: More and more VFX shops are using gaymen builds for workstations because there is little difference these days (besides ECC support maybe).

>call out a Sup Forums faggot for being a retard and only thinking in terms of consumer shit
>gets defensive and thinks I'm defending macshit because that's all he knows how to weakly retort against
>tells me to "get the fuck out of Sup Forums"
lmao, you faggots are the worst
sure a lot of smaller shops do, that doesn't really have a big impact on retards that won't stop comparing everything to gayming PCs even if they aren't targeting the same market or use cases

Cinebench was a fair test no matter what the machine.

He should have done Octane bench too though...oh wait it wont run at all on the Mac Pro.

>Call out a so-called Sup Forumsay faggot because he's braindead and thinks I hate the Mac Pro because it's made by Apple and not because it's a slow piece of shit.
>He replies because knows he's wrong but keeps trolling anyway.
>Can't follow basic guidance and got stuck in his own feces on the way out of Sup Forums

You think everything that renders something has to be gaming related, and you're retarded.
CUDA isn't a Quadro limited thing, neither is OpenGL.
Swapping Quadro drivers on Geforce cards and vice versa is a thing and the difference between them is just that one have slightly more VRAM.

The price is never justified since all it really is is a premium price for no reason besides claimed "costumer support".

Not that you'd know anyway.

Nvidia has deliberately gimped double-precision floating point computation on GeForce versions.

There is supposedly some firmware hack that can ungimp GeForces, but it only works on certain models by certain brands.

Also, Avid accepted bribes from Nvidia and Media Composer won't turn on GPU acceleration unless the card is Quadro.

>There is supposedly some firmware
Did you even read the comment?
>AVID
Good thing I have Not only a Geforce (680 in the closet) that can use modded drivers, but I also have a spare Quadro K2200 I ripped from one of the replacement computers at work.
Too bad it's probably too slow for actual use today.

Swapping the driver won't do shit for DP floating point performance.

It's gimped at hardware firmware level.

You need deep knowledge for Nvidia GPU firmware to ungimp that shit.

Double precision is dealt with by having twice as fast of a card instead.
No reason to buy 8x the price for 1.6x the compute performance.
And even without Double Precision I still fool the programs that are jew'd to only work on Quadro stations.

>8 USB-C
But user, how they will sell their Apple (tm) USB ihubs (c) then?
More like 2 usb-c

Apple gave up on pro users when they switched to X86.

How many mg's of Adderall are you on rn?

pascaleggert.de/macpro.html
Make apple great again

Why are people saying Apple is locked into Intel processors because of Thunderbolt?

Apple never gave shit about any existing user accessory continuing to work with new Macs.

If AMD Zen does in fact have much better performance than Intel offerings, it gives Apple perfect excuse to abandon Thunderbolt, force Mactoddlers to buy the high-end storage accessories all over again (now w/ USB-C 3.1), and blame it all on big bad meanie Intel.

perhaps because it was stupid.

Mac mini is dead too, which is an actual tragedy.

I just want a skylake refresh mac mini to replace my dying sandybridge mac mini.

>Cinebench OpenGL
>Unigine Valley
Real-time 3D performance isn't really the target application of the mac pro. Video encoding fps and 3D rendering times would be better comparison points. Not that it'd shine in those benchmarks anyway with its outdated as fuck CPU.

When do zen come out so you all finally stop going on about how it will beat intel?

Protip: It's only happening at the $200 price point, and only at performance per dollar.

If they're lucky.

>use a mac
>think he's a power user

Guys! Guys! Stop arguing!

You can both have me. ::blush::

The Mac Pro has a really small market (actual professionals working with 3D and video) but should still continue to exist.
They need to make a Mac Mini Pro for other "Pro's" like for example Youtubers that think they need a Mac Pro to edit a video once in a blue moon.

These two (caseyneistat and MKBHD) own a Mac Pro, but i don't know why?

And it's not like their current MacBook Pro uses Radeon Pro either.

>implying you have dick

Believe it or not, there was actually a time when Macs were pretty good for professional use, but it was over 10 years ago so you couldn't know.

>The Mac Pro has a really small market (actual professionals working with 3D and video) but should still continue to exist.
You mean *had*, most editors dumped the Mac way back when Final Cut support was axed for that gay shit FCPX, and the rest likely left when they saw the 2013 MP and realized it had less than their current tricked-out cheese graters.
>These two (caseyneistat and MKBHD) own a Mac Pro, but i don't know why?
They probably got them for "free", as youtube reviewers typically do when a company wants people to shill for them.

A newer pro range would find more love among >app developers than it would among anyone fucking with video or whatever

cunts who are chained to an imac or macbook pro because there's not really any other choice

>chained to an imac or macbook pro

The iMac has a glossy screen that some Pro's don't really like, the MacBook Pro is overpriced for the specs and you're paying for a laptop screen you don't really need.

Ideally they should just put the same specs of the most powerful iMac (with the updated version coming this year) into a Mac Mini Pro, basically the same thing but just add your own peripherals and that's it.
Also they should make the Apple mouses, keyboards and monitors cheaper when you buy them with a Mac Mini.

Hi applefag bros. I have been using an iMac 24" since 2007 and a macbook pro 2008 until last month, after the iMac GPU failed i started looking for a new iMac and i saw the shit they made so i finally switched to thinkpad+custom workstation.

That'd be nice, especially if it got a proper gpu and not some mobile bullshit

A 6700/7700 (or the xeon equivalent) with a pile of ram and something like an rx480 or geforce 1060 would serve my needs pretty well (though I want more of course so I don't need to use windows for everything)

source?

they never did

>power users
You mean power Facebook users?
Do anything more than that with the iTrashcan and it will blow up in flames.

macworld.co.uk/news/mac/new-mac-pro-release-date-rumours-uk-mac-pro-2017-tech-specs-new-features-3536364/

>Power users
>Mac
Pick one

>Apple doesn't care about power users.
Implying a power user would use a Mac

>If power users want Mac OS then they can hackintosh
Gets hard to adapt MacOS to new PC hardware when Apple doesn't release any hardware.

>My mother's husband works at Apple and he told me the best Mac Pros are still to come.
Even if that was true cuckboy, do you think a professional user would ever allow themselves to be cucked by Apple again? The rats are leaving the sinking ship.

>Apple is slowly killing off their mac devision...
This nigga gets it

>current Mac Pro uses FirePro cards
And remember how there were supposed to new and upgraded video cards available for it over time? Nobody ever made one.

>it deserved to die after cook perverted it
fucked in the ass by a literal faggit

>Oh, so no proof. Ok.
No product somehow counts as proof of a product.
This is your typical faggit Mac fanboi

>What makes my I/O different from a Mac Pro I/O?
You're not stuck with the same shit for 4 years.

>Mac Pro was great back in 2012/2013 when Ivy Bridge-E and the Radeon 7970 were still good
So... it was good for 3-6 months until new shit came out.

No. Because I have a PC. It's MacFags that are butthurt that they have been forsaken yet again by faggit Apple.

>Apple gave up on pro users when they switched to X86.
Apple never had pro users. They had hipster faggits with an inflated sense of confidence who called themselves professionals.

>These two (caseyneistat and MKBHD) own a Mac Pro, but i don't know why?
Only jews and fags use apple
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I don't get why you mac faggits continue to pine for a fucking piece of shit overpriced system? Apple has clearly forsaken you. They don't care about 'professionals' let alone the Mac at all. Mac is done.

>power users
he said

That's some really impressive work right there.

How's middle school going?