Microsoft has the Windows key

>Microsoft has the Windows key
>Apple has the home button

Why doesn't Linux have its own iconic button?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_SysRq_key
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because nobody uses it.

Because they enjoy being cucked by MS and pressing the Windows key in their Linux distro. :^)

Linux doesn't make hardware, or offer incentives to manufacturers to use their OS

It does, smartguy, and it is used.

SysRq

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_SysRq_key

Because it doesn't manufacture hardware like apple and isn't the "industry standard" for personal computers like windows.

you can just rebind the superkey to what ever you want in linux its not a big deal

"home" key in Mac OSX is literally just a renamed super key same way windows Alt is mac OSX's "cmd" or what ever that gay little circle square thing

fpbp

>calling the windows key "superkey"

It's the Windows key, deal with it.

>TFW too poor for based Linux buttons

It's actually MOD4 as registered by Windows' WM

It's actually LITERALLY the Windows logo.

SysRq key

>proprietary keys

Are you trying to tear linux apart from the inside?

I only recently discovered the Win+D and Win+W and Win+Tab shortcut keys.

How did I live so long without such comfiness?

not all keyboards have the windows logo printed in the superkey

System76 does. You can also buy superkey stickers from unixstickers.

I just popped mine off and 3S printed one with the Mint logo for my laptop.

Linux doesn't have its own iconic but-

Where can I get photos printed on a keycap like that??

i use it frequently to bring up the start menu on my guhnoo plsu linux personal computer rig

Most laptops do not sell with Linux pre-installed. For those that do, I have seen both Tux and the Ubuntu logo used as alternatives to the Windows logo for the super key.

Would you call the command key on a Macbook the Windows key, even though it is the same key? No, no you would not. The OS-generic term is the super key.

the keycap has a windows logo, but the key itself is MOD4 as registered by Windows' WM

If I change the keycap to a pink unicorn keycap, does that make it the pink unicorn button? Nope. It's still the MOD4 as registered by Windows' WM.

keycap paint != function

sysrq

>tfw my laptop has a generic super key
It's such a small thing yet such a great feeling that my keyboard's not plagued with a Windows logo

Because it has two! Ctrl-C

Because the penguin logo looks fucking stupid.

Fuck you, penguins are cool

Penguins are cool but tux is dumb as shit. They should've chose the shark logo.

I use it in awesomewm to perform all the window-related shortcuts. It is in fact the default setting.

It actually makes sense to use the Windows key to manipulate windows; just pretend that it's not the proprietary logo of an OS called Windows.

>even Ubuntu™ keyboard has the windows logo

>SysRq
Interestingly, my microsoft keyboard has 'SysRq' printed on the print screen button, underneath it.

All the keys on your keyboard are like that then. They can all be rebound, layouts can be changed without changing any physical keys.

Because it's designed to run on all hardware you throw at it.

>TFW nobody uses you

>not using mechanical keyboard with replaceable keycaps
>not using tux keycap
Stay pleb

That key is the super key on every board anyway. Also, Asus Eee PC 900s that came with GNU/Linux had a picture of a house on that key.

Because nobody cares about linux since it's practically useless in the modern age.

>lend kid cousin Age of Empires 3
>Some time later he complains that he can't keep playing any of his saved games
>The game automatically pauses after loading and only button that unpauses is pause|break

Epic post, link me to the reddit thread so I can upvote you later.

I use it all the time, except mine's labeled F15

>Home button
Command button, you tard.

IdeaPad S10 has a house super key too

Actually, the Apple equivalent is the Command key. The reason why GNU/Linux doesn't have one is because GNU/Linux has no official hardware. It's designed to run on anything and everything, and gives zero shits what buttons you use because it can adapt.

>F15 key
>not labeled with a tiny F15
c'mon

Why would I do that?

because america is #1

Because the definitive Linux mascot, Tux, is fucking ugly.

We do have the diamond key.

cause you have to type a 20 line terminal bash script in order to pull up the search bar lel

happy hacking use the same symbol

But it does on my keyboard.

>his keyboard doesn't have the Tux key

Because ganoo loonix is irrelevant and nobody give a fuck for ganoo loonix on desktop.

FPBP

/thread

but it does, user

B U T T B L A S T E D windows shills

What's a cheap place to buy Tux key caps for Cherry MX?

If public transportation was "free" would you expect it to be any good? Do you think it would be air conditioned, for example? Will the driver be some lunatic named Bubba or a trained professional? Oh wait.. We're supposed to be discussing the free os that just so happens to be insanely superior in every way possible. What could those multi multi billion dollar companies possibly know about computers??!!!

Pause and scroll lock need to be deleted from keyboards

aliexpress