Rust is the future; get over it

Other urls found in this thread:

imgs.xkcd.com/comics/haskell.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

> implying one language is best for all purposes, including scientific computing and web development, and gaming, etc.

Take that back user!

Isn't its dev team sjw central?

>implying a language that's not even pure could be the future

>tfw wanna work at Mozilla but don't want to use rust
I can learn to like it I guess.

Rust is just an ugly unsupported version of C++ with static analysis.

The syntax is terrible. Memory safety with zero overhead is a noble goal but overkill and could have been done way better.

>No arguments.
D is better.

But swift has pictures!

I'll believe that Rust is the future when an operating system written in it (as the only language other than assembly) reaches 1% market share in any one area (PCs, gaming consoles, embedded systems, servers, etc).

99% of software used these days is either written in C, or in a language that's just a glorified syntactic sugar over C.

What's wrong with being a SJW?

imgs.xkcd.com/comics/haskell.png

Pretty sure Rust doesn't have classes.

btw my captcha is "pool close" - I wonder if Sup Forums is trying to tell me something?

>What's wrong with being a SJW?

Leftist rhetoric like this coming to a country near you, very soon.

Rust is Ada++, plus sodomy.

>D
>more verbose than rust and java combined
>worse performance than either
>forced gc or memory leaks

Rust is the past; get under it

I can't find one reason that Rust isn't bad.

Syntax is awful to try and read, even as someone who has worked with a multitude of language before. Very unintuitive. I think the problem is a result of them trying desperately to differentiate it from C++.

The whole "impl function for type" construct is really pointless. It's very awkward to read and could be done in a much more transparent way just by writing appropriate functions for certain types in the normal way.

The object/interface system is complete cancer. Rather than having everything in one place, it's split up unnecessarily.

It claims to be some sort of low level language but the fact that it has characters default to unicode (4 bytes) shows otherwise. Good luck getting that to be properly compatible with other non-Rust code.

The whole "use" idea for enums is not bad, but it's not exactly legendary, either.

Ada is actually interesting, whereas rust is a glorified linter fit c++.

Give me one reason to use Rust without resorting to the usual

>security
>safe pointer

Security is overrated, a good language should enable new powerful abstractions and not force a single way to do things. Therefore C++11 is better in every way than Rust

But what new does Rust bring to the table? Is it memory safe by default? Is it simple? Can it interact with the low levels of the system like C?