I want to start a youtube channel. what is the best camera model on a relatively low budget...

I want to start a youtube channel. what is the best camera model on a relatively low budget, which can also record audio in good quality?

iPhone 7

your phone. buy stuff when you need it, you consumer pig.

Phone, then upgrade to Sony RX-100

Sony Handycam

Hey speaking of phones what about tripods that actually work with the damn things? Or adapters that can work with that hole mount system.

Basically anything "low-end" will work, as long as it can do HD resolution, it'll all look exactly the same. You can even get a high-end webcam like the Logitech C9xx series and use that. The first big real bump in quality is only if you can get a camera that has at least a 1" or m4/3 sensor.

Nothing will give you good audio unless you use an actual external mic, and not one of those headset or conference mics, but a proper large diaphragm condenser. Again, a nice webcam is actually the best start here as audio is one of the key points of such a device and will be a bit better than any on-camera mic.

>as long as it can do HD resolution, it'll all look exactly the same.

Depends on what you are doing. With good lighting almost anything will do. If you are going to be working in comparative low light a Sony Alpha is a godsend.

Zoom Q8

/thread

Phone will do.

Canon g7x are pretty decent

For more pro stuff you'll want a DSLR with a few lenses.

Panasonic lumix gh4r if you want the best quality.

gh5 is imminent

Is showing his face on YouTube so important?

Do not tell me you are serious?

For future reference please post all camera related questions on /p/. As for camera recommendations:
Any of the a6000 and a6500 are good as compact video cameras, the later can do 4k. You can also look at the a7 line. The a7s,a7rii and a7ii are pretty good. Good luck.

DSLR and cheap shotgun mic, all built-in mics are trash, don't even bother.

Don't invest money into a youtube channel yet
Just use your phone and do some research on how to get proper lighting.
Lighting is more important than the camera itself.
Buy a camera with only money you make from youtube.
If you can't buy a camera with youtube money, then it's not going to be worth spending on.
A lot of people start channels and quit after 6 months because they don't see the growth they thought they would get.

You obviously need a RED WEAPON 8K and the cinema package.

Only $79,000!

If you're doing video. I'd suggest the Panasonic GX85 over any of the Sony mirrorless cameras

Just buy a dslr and get into photography along with it. I have a nikon d3100 and it works perfectly fine in 1080p video. Camcorders are a waste of money in my opinion because a lot of them don't have any manual controls.

How about this?

>Panasonic GX85
The low light performance is shit and the sensor is tiny af. Hes better off going with a sony or a mid tier canon or Nikon

Yep, buy that. Fox News and the BBC use them for broadcasts. I've got one too, I get crystal clear quality.

Not for video.
The video on the GX85 is much better than the Sony cameras.
If you prioritize stills over video, then the Sony cameras are better

I recommend buying a DSLR camera. It's mainly for photography, but can also be used to take perfectly fine video. Just make sure you get a big sd card and I recommend an ac adapter so you don't have to deal with recharging batteries when you are in your home studio. I have a Nikon D5200 but you could easily get away with something cheaper. Just make sure it can record 180p30 video and you're good. You can just shoot in auto mode if you don't want to learn how to use the manual modes.

>1080p30
fixed