WINDOWS 7 IS INSECURE ACCORDING TO MICROSOFT

news.softpedia.com/news/microsoft-says-windows-7-has-outdated-security-wants-you-to-move-to-windows-10-511835.shtml
WINDOWS 7 IS INSECURE ACCORDING TO MICROSOFT

Now's the time to shill GNU/Linux as an alternative for people who need a functional operating system.

Other urls found in this thread:

bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/holding-shift-f10-during-windows-10-updates-opens-root-cli-bypasses-bitlocker/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>implying any version of windows was ever safe

>ye
s yes goyim, windows 7 is insecure, time to make the switch to Windows 10
>its good for you

>GNU/Linux
>functional operating system

You fucking autist

People who believe this shit deserve to have W10.

Also
>linux
pic related mfw

In the other shocking news of the day: WATER IS WET.

Also this. It usually just takes them a while to admit how shitty their OS is.

Spotted the gamefags

Let's be real: what does Linux lack that anyone who works for a living need?

>inb4 [answers that were accurate twenty years ago]

reliable drivers and the full library of PC games

As much as I love my turbo-autist distros and ricing them in minimal WM's, I have to admit there's a certain charm about Windows 7.

It just feels so comfy booting into Windows 7 and having a familiar environment with all of my files from 6 years ago being retained. Windows 7 has reached XP's level of comfiness; it's just too bad MS wants to erase it from existence.

>wageslave with no free time
>works two minimum wage jobs to pay for his drug habit
>thinks he can talk down to anyone else

Full compatibility with the latest MS Office suite.

>answers that were accurate twenty years ago
Unless you work as a developer or shitty webdev, every single application in linux is designed so poorly that you can't perform even basic tasks without encountering errors.

>b-but user, you can u-use GPU passthrough in a VM and run Windows with windows applications on it almost natively
well guess what, you're still running windows to do that numb-nuts. So why would I go through the trouble of running a vm for my MAIN activities, instead of having a vm of linux for that very specific subset of actions that require a unix OS?

Your argument is 10 years old and invalid m8

You know what else is ten years old and invalid?

You.

>every single application in linux is designed so poorly that you can't perform even basic tasks without encountering errors
lolwat? examples or bsod fanboy confirmed

>feels so comfy
>OS

You might have autism.

clever

First of all I don't play games anymore.

Most people can't bother with the GNU/Linux wreckage. They need something that works 1st try. All games need to works, all peripherals need to work as you plug them.

You're such an autist you don't understand the need of normal people.

Mac is god tier for normal people.

Autodesk software

>windows-7-has-outdated-security

That's a strange thing to say, since Microsoft said Windows 7 was going to get security updates until 2020.

So tell me, what's really going on?

Ability to use windows software without a compatibility layer

>complains about "ten year old arguments that aren't valid for modern Linux"
>uses bluescreen meme
List reasons not to use Windows that apply to an OS made after '98

I work for a living and I need video games. Although Linux has a lot of them these days, it's still missing a couple I like.

my work still has xp running.

no problems

sick burn

In the concept art world you will use the tools required by the industry. They are not interested in the OS, just the tools. Which means photoshop, maya and other associated programs. Not all of them run on macs and some companies that I know no longer use macs to keep costs down. Which means windows. If you don't want to use them you will be shown the door.

ability to have hobbies and enjoy life?

>implying bsod isn't still an issue, it has even less useful info than before
>implying windows isn't a botnet

Nice try Pajeet

Nice way to dodge the argument there bud

Commercial software that only has subpar freetard alternatives.

Windows is shit and only Pajeets would argue otherwise but it's functional shit, while Linux is good but only for the people who don't need commercial software and are cool with investing time to fix the lackluster UI.

The only sensible way to play games on a PC in the future will be to dual boot with dedicated partition for every day use running linux and another exclusively for games running windows.

>Windows 10 is more secure
>When you can press Shift + F10 while it updates and get a terminal with full administration privileges and full access to decrypted BitLocker encrypted files
bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/holding-shift-f10-during-windows-10-updates-opens-root-cli-bypasses-bitlocker/

It's not like there are people who trust BitLocker, r-right?

>full library of PC games
>working for a living
Pick one, faggot.

Also, there is no issue with drivers. Your answer is dated.

Latest MS Office suite is shit. Consider using a different office suite that is just as capable of handling .docx.

>Microsoft shill

>Apple shill

Finally! A real argument. But the burden falls on the developer of Autodesk software, not on the operating system.

Microsoft obviously doesn't care.

Winfags, everyone. They continuously insist that the only programs that they can use are only available on Windows but most of the time this isn't true. Even in the not so common cases where it is true, you can usually find programs that will accomplish the same task (with exception of autodesk).

>I need video games
Calm down

>1800COMEON

Nice blanket statements

>But the burden falls on the developer of Autodesk software, not on the operating system.

If the software doesn't run on Linux then it's users won't switch.

Hell if this Windows 7 becoming outdated thing is really a problem creative professionals (Adobe, Autodesk, DAW/Sound design, Avid Media Composer etc.) will probably just switch to Macs.

It's literally pointless to tell someone they should switch Operating systems when the new candidate would be completely unsuitable for what they need.

It seems that most of the people who replied to had the argument of muh games and muh drivers. Both points are at least ten years out of date.

>creative professionals (Adobe, Autodesk, DAW/Sound design, Avid Media Composer etc.) will probably just switch to Macs.
They did over a decade ago. Also Office is available there too.

Vidya is the only reason to keep Winshit around.

Not even that now that WSL is shaping up to be bretty good

>“Companies and users who won’t upgrade from Windows 7 within the next three years are facing enormous dangers,” the company continues as per an approximate Google Translate English version of the post

quality information source right there

Isn't 7 support supposed to end around that time?

If so, what the hell are these gnutards blabbing around? A -- then -- unsupported vulnerable system? No shit.

Adobe software is the only thing I use my windows VM for.

There are just no good alternatives for them, and even if there was something that could compete I've already spent too much time with hotkeys to try and relearn a new program.

Let all the people who need to be shilled to use Android.

The more competent rest will get Linux either way.

well, I for one need the following
>Autodesk AutoCAD
>Autodesk Inventor
>Microsoft Office
>Vidya Gaems

>windows 7 is insecure
>onii-chan stop staring at my backdoors

Quite a few Vidya games work.

And Autodesk and Office self-torture software design pieces should stay on the computers at work.

Keep that separate from the trustworthy or private machines.

I have no real ties to windows as I mostly game on my Xbox, but moving to another OS is not on my plans

Microdick is just baiting people into switching to Winblows 10.

>implying that "just use CAD software and the only usable office suite on your work computer" is an argument
>implying home PCs are only used for shitposting and jerking it to anime
>therefore implying that GNU/Linux is the perfect desktop in every way imaginable

Spoken like a true NEET. Stay classy Sup Forums

>They continuously insist that the only programs that they can use are only available on Windows but most of the time this isn't true. Even in the not so common cases where it is true, you can usually find programs that will accomplish the same task (with exception of autodesk).
t. lintard

OS X is the only other operating system that has compatible desktop software

> CAD software
No, just Autodesk's thing.

> the only usable office suite
No. An mediocre to poor office suite.

A 12 year old doing his first GUI could actually have designed the workflow and UI of that software.

Also the superb idea to pre-load most of this turd on OS startup merely so this slightly souped up text editor wouldn't take a minute to load a document. Not even Adobe made software this bad.

Also it fails miserably to make it in any way comfortable on the oh-so-rare situation where you actually want to layout text.

>literally wanting to use cuckware like MS office on your home computer

lmfao

Lintards in so much denial they actually believe libre/openoffice is actually not a piece of shit

>using office software on your pc
t. cuck

>the company that is collecting evey windows 10 user's personal details and released an update for win10 that broke multiple monitor setups is telling me stuff
Wow better listen then.

>tfw can't upgrade my processor for a long time since no win7 drivers
They can't keep getting away with it.

>released an update for win10 that broke multiple monitor setups
Spread more FUD, it'll help

A perceived sense of cohesiveness

(note the word perceived)

If you're interested in trying Linux, I recommend a newbie-friendly distro such as Gentoo or Arch. They both concentrate on teaching you to administrate your own Linux system, so that if you later decide to try a more advanced distro such as Ubuntu or Mint you'll be well-equipped to deal with any problems that arise.

PowerShell w/ the full WMI call library and .net reference assemblies
Active Directory
SharePoint
Exchange

Though Xen or Kemp load balancers on top of Debian are pretty GOAT.

nice

Your shitpost actually highlights pretty well what's wrong with some lincucks.

>They both concentrate on teaching you to administrate your own Linux system
Implies that people actually want to waste time learning how to use something, while there are much simpler alternatives in reality.

>"x product is insecure!" says y company known for forcefully pushing z product designed to replace x product

SIEMENS-NX, you fucking undergrad

>Let's be real: what does Linux lack that anyone who works for a living need?
Photoshop
AutoCAD
Altium DXP
Shall I continue?

done.

>implying it is FUD
get out rajeesh and take pajeet with you to the toilet

Windows Vista is the best OS

>>full library of PC games
>>working for a living
Look-up Twitch, people on there make more money in a day than you do in a month and all they do is play video games.

Fpbp

already done moving from win7 long time ago

>linux users are wageslaves
>projecting this hard

Libreoffice can do everything MS Office can, and more.

Because you wouldn't be giving Windows access to your network capabilities except in very restricted circumstances. I still use Windows XP for some old programs, it's perfectly safe as long as you don't go online with it.

things that cause Windows 7 to BSOD:
>letting the battery drop below 40%
>trying to alt-tab while playing a Unity game

And unless you're in the art industry (which most people aren't), you simply don't need photoshop and maya.

I've been using Openoffice since before I even knew that Linux was, even on Windows it's objectively superior to Office in every way except for Powerpoint stuff

Powershell is just a bloated, user-unfriendly proprietary reimplementation of bash

That doesn't count as ``working".

Excel with vb is so much better than any alternative. Also autodesk.

linux is only worth it if you time is worthless

>Powershell is just a bloated, user-unfriendly proprietary reimplementation of bash

(You) tried. Failed, but tried...

so everyone who uses android are wasting their time?

If anyone uses windows 7 but wont upgrade to windows 10 because of spying they are a fucking fool.

If you were concerned with privacy or control you would not use windows 7

I would love to switch to ganoo plus loonix but I cannot get the wifi to work on my laptop. It cuts out every few minutes and I've googled for a fix for hours but can't find anything. Also the firmware is some nonfree thing so it will never be fixed.

>broadcom

found your problem

afaik it's intel not broadcom

>linux users are wageslaves
>literally said >what does Linux lack that anyone who works for a living need
kill yourself?

I'm imagining a solid build Swedish man eating mayonnaise out of a jar saying "IT'S GOOD FOR YOU!" to me.

i would like to use ubuntu or manjaro but i have an amd card and the drivers are fucking dogshit

Where did all these Pajeet's and gaymers come from? Fucking shills.

They work fine for me.

>It's Current Year!

What's with the pajeet meme? Does every Indian literally run windows?

support, drivers, usability, trustabiliy, reliability, programs, but most importantly i have to live in the normal world. i cant just disappear into leet haxor zone in moms basement i am required to be capable of using windoze or ios

I'll take my chances. Not touching W10 with any length of pole.

I am a pro gamer / streamer who makes about 90k a year, fuck you faggot

Driver compatibility
Things working more often than not
MS Office (libreoffice is shit)

Windows 10 costs $100
The last few Windows 7 copies available cost over $200.

The market has spoken.

(Also I am broke so should I just surrender and take W10 into my mouth in order to go master race?)

Iso + DAZloader my friend

Windows 8.1 user here, problem is irrelevant to me.
Also, many of these 'security improvements' are features that need a TPM or Enterprise edition to run, such as device guard. Excluding those the only benefits would probably be the inbuilt auto-on antimalware, Windows Hello and Microsoft Edge(which many W10 users don't use)

>Windows 10 costs $0
it's literally free, off their website
no piracy or hacks needed to make it genuine.

only for 90 days though

fpbp

Also:
>upgrade to windows 10 goy
>don't worry about privacy settings
>let cortana listen to every word
>good goy

>Let's be real: what does Linux lack that anyone who works for a living need?

The entire Adobe suite. Apple's Xcode. Granted only graphic designers need the former for a living, and macOS / iOS developers for the latter. But still.

>well guess what, you're still running windows to do that numb-nuts. So why would I go through the trouble of running a vm for my MAIN activities, instead of having a vm of linux for that very specific subset of actions that require a unix OS?

My main activities are Mac and I vm Linux and Windows. But honestly, if my main activities were Windows, I would still vm it on macOS or Linux. You have more security options. Backup is a fucking breeze. You can branch your vm easily for separate projects. Keep two vms going at once. Get your vm(s) up and running on another machine in minutes. vm is the way to go for Winblows.

>paying for windows

why embedded 8.1 ?

>WINDOWS 7 IS INSECURE ACCORDING TO MICROSOFT
Lucky I already upgraded

[spoiler]to linux[/spoiler]