How can MacTodders ever recover?

How can MacTodders ever recover?

Other urls found in this thread:

uploadvr.com/john-carmack-oculus-zenimax-oath/
youtube.com/watch?v=t4sSqAqGnaU
youtube.com/watch?v=NGVcfHdkw4A
arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/01/oculus-accused-of-destroying-evidence-zuckerberg-to-testify-in-vr-theft-trial/
youtube.com/watch?v=fH61uqfZqxQ
youtu.be/e0R8CwLPQSQ?t=677
bluesnews.com/abrash/chap68.shtml
youtube.com/watch?v=b2V9TFrmQ_Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>implying they know who Carmack is

post link

uploadvr.com/john-carmack-oculus-zenimax-oath/

>A MacBook was brought up during questioning as well, with the lawyer asking why it was never wiped, with Carmack responding: “I am not a Mac user unless under duress.”
KEK

>he explained in open court what source code is and that ‘BFG’ stands for ‘Big Fucking Gun.’
Wait, that's what it means?

MACFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Wait, why is he in court?

People didn't know this?

I mean, maybe the hint was that the name was attached to a big fuckin gun

>VR
hahahahahahah

this.
I could only imagine a macfag saying "that looks like discount Steve jobs"

>when your mart sharting peers have to decide whether you copied another product or not

>implying he needs Mac
He isn't some artist or something like that, why he would ever need Mac?

They wouldn't know what doom or quake were.

This
Just bait, see

I knew this since I was like 9, it says it right in the fucking manual I believe.

So does he uses Windows or Linux?

Back in 2013, when Carmack was still at id Software he joined the Oculus VR project, but soon he left the company because ZeniMax didn't want to support his research in the subject (ZeniMax, the same fags that own Bethesda, acquired id Software in 2009)

When Facebook purchased Oculus in 2014, ZeniMax called Carmack and asked for a share of the $$$ claiming that they invested into the development of the device when John was still working for them. Carmack told them to fuck off so they went to court.

Ah, thanks lad.

Mostly Windows, but he likes linux too, he even wrote a driver for it once.

He's one of those people you find under a common term of a "high functioning autism".

He cares about muh code and nothing else.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if he said something along the lines of "OS being irrelevant to him".

Doom was developed on a NeXT workstation running NeXTSTEP Unix.
It was released for the dos/windows platform.

But when doom engine (and the few that happened after him) was re-released under GPL (carmack actually likes GPL a lot, all id engines under his rule were released under GPL) it was the Linux version that was released, and to make it work on Windows you had to add boilerplate code.

Since he develops the VR thingy I assume Windoze, since it will be probably the target platform for it.

Did he win, or is it still going on?

With anime feet

He doesn't like either, Linux is too messy for him, is the good old "dependency hell" vs "dll hell" dilemma.

Most of his games were Windows only, but made over OpenGL (go figure)

>giving a shit about children's games and the irrelevant dullards that spawn them in 2016+1

isn't he the inverse square root and doom quake guy?

You never watched the Doom movie?

What's funny is Valve gave Oculus far more R&D than what little Carmack did before he left ID. ZeniMax has no case at all. Where's their headset if they contributed so much?

Facebook has a lot of lawyer$ so I a$$ume that law$uit was DOA

Doesn't Carmack nowadays just waste his time away in fucking Minecraft?

>talks shit about apple
>works for jewbook

kek

Funny seeing as hes the one that convinced jobs on open GL

Jobs and Carmack were bretty gud friends until Carmack didn't postpone his wedding to attend one of Jobs Macworld expos.

>tfw the animated BFG movie had no big fucking gun

>he watched the Doom movie

Too bad Carmack isn't part of id, he's supposed to develop games, not VR gimmicks. Only if Zenimax niggers didn't buy id..

>Only if Zenimax niggers didn't buy id..
Too late now, m8... Carmack and Zenimax are dead. Time to mod.

youtube.com/watch?v=t4sSqAqGnaU

youtube.com/watch?v=NGVcfHdkw4A

He always hated Apple. He hates Linux now too. Carmack has gone full Winbaby.

Most Mac users say " I am not a Windows user unless by necessity".
That necessity is rarer each day.

Not only this, but they literally said absolutely nothing about his working for Oculus until right after the Facebook buyout, it couldn't be more obvious they're after a settlement for a fat stack of Zuckerbucks. If they actually end up in a court battle they'll get laughed out of it.

He didn't write the optimised inverse square root, i read an article where they tracked down the programmer who did.
Yep, he's muh doomguy.

Giving a damn about what someone else prefer as his computer.

It's like religious people vs atheist.

Nobody gives a fuck just do what you want

That's because there are fewer and fewer Mac professionals thanks to Apple.

>Since he develops the VR thingy I assume Windoze, since it will be probably the target platform for it.
He's actually working on the mobile division near exclusively.

>There was a fucking Doom movie
What in the shit?

What big daddy Karmack, Torvalds, or the lost son Stallman say goes, heretic.

Can you guys give some examples of Carmack's achievements and what makes him a great programmer?

I always see him praised but never know for what

c u c k
u
c
k

Figured out how to optimize display graphics to a revolutionary degree, allowing home computers to rival arcade machines.

Promptly ripped off Mario to have a laugh at Nintendo who rejected his idea of porting it.

Figured out how to do first person before 3D.

Basically turned around and invented 3D. (Optimized code to the point where it was possible on that gen's hardware.)

Online deathmatch. (Didn't invent it, but made it mainstream.)

You might of head of some of his games:
Commander Keen
Wolfenstien
Doom
Quake

>Doom movie
>What in the shit?
There's a reason we don't talk about it.

Don't forget he was a literal rocket scientist at one point and is a lead developer of oculus.

shit, this guy who makes children's toys is telling me that he doesn't like the computer I use!

Carmack stole VR and took the code and IP to Oculus.

HAHAHAH

They even destroyed evidence.

arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/01/oculus-accused-of-destroying-evidence-zuckerberg-to-testify-in-vr-theft-trial/

I pirated it and even though I got caught I justified it because it's a dog piece of shit film with no direction. Hell the fucking last bit of footage is in 1st person as if to mimic the game. The whole film should have been that clip and nothing else because it sucked.

>2028
>John Carmack runs for president and wins
>it turns out being the leader of the USA is no different than working on Doom.
>No one in Washington has more than two and a half dimensions.

Yes. He pioneered scrolling in PC platformers with Commander Keen. Raycasting to simplify hardware reqirements and then refining that to improve immersion with BSP. GLQuake helped push 3d card sales.

His biggest thing was proving that scrolling was possible with personal computers and not limited to the NES because without Commander Keen he might never have made DOOM.

oculus is finished

Could have been funnier and focused on how it's no different than working on Doom from Carmack's autistic perspective. Instead you just went for a cheap normie punchline. Shame on you.

I thought one of his biggest things was the carmack reverse because creative has a copyright on shadows or something to that effect, so he had to figure out a way around their bullshit, and he did.

Reminder, John Carmack used a NeXTcube for graphics development from Doom all the way through Quake 3.

NeXTSTEP being the precursor to the modern MacOS.

its not that bad, just dont watch it exclusively, have it play in a side window and only pay attention when something seems interesting.

most agree this is the best part

youtube.com/watch?v=fH61uqfZqxQ

Interesting...

youtu.be/e0R8CwLPQSQ?t=677

Realtime games that look like that when?

Simply put he may just be the single greatest programmer alive. Whether a game he works on is good or bad you can at least be assure that he's going to do something interesting technologywise with it.

You would a think who can easily lose $2B dollars can also afford to a buy a MBP.

came here to say this.

>even though I got caught

In what cuck country so you actually have to worry about "getting caught" when pirating movies and games?
I pitty you

What country not only catches you, but also lets you justify why you pirated something?

Don't forget he figured out how to run RAGE on the iPhone 2G.

Lmao serious, my god Jobs was a fucking faggot

Carmack being an autist programming savant isnt a god damn trade secret zenimax holy shit.
Carmack claim that he rebuilt it from the ground up avoiding copyright is more credible because he's actually fucking done that before.

>It's not bad if you don't watch it
genius

bluesnews.com/abrash/chap68.shtml

There is no countries that "catches" you for downloading movies.

My bad
Where the hell do you "Get caught" for piracy, and also lets you justify why you pirated something?

>Basically turned around and invented 3D.
genuine 3d graphics has existed since the early 90s, quake wasnt released until 1996. no he didnt invent 3d, uness you want to tell me he made jumping flash

>ZeniMax Media, the parent company of both Bethesda Softworks and Id Software, says
Who am I going to believe? Co founder of idsoft, or greedy lawyer?

youtube.com/watch?v=b2V9TFrmQ_Q

there are tons of movies and shows that are best watched as background 'oh something good is happening focus on it now' deals.

Doom is a big dumb action movie with a retarded plot that has a few good scenes, at best its average and predictable, a fantastic play as background noise movie.

Isn't this the dude who walked hours under heavy snow to pay $10,000 for a NeXT computer?

I would argue that for the most part its already as good, but animations still have a ways to go, we need more, better systems for dynamic animations.

besides that, we need a physics system that can run off a gpu and isn't physx, something open.

That way you get your fire effects, the embers, and the dynamically shattering and splattering heads

As reported in David Kushner's Masters of Doom, when Carmack was 14, he broke into a school to help a group of kids steal Apple II computers. To gain entry to the building, Carmack concocted a sticky substance of thermite mixed with Vaseline that melted through the windows. However, an overweight accomplice struggled to get through the hole, and opened the window, setting off a silent alarm and alerting police. John was arrested, and sent for psychiatric evaluation (the report mentions 'no empathy for other human beings' and describes Carmack as 'a brain on legs'). Carmack was then sentenced to a year in a juvenile home.[3][4]

i'd greentext it but I'm mobile postin

>there are tons of movies and shows that are best not watched
ftfy

Fug

Funny thing: Carmack was condemned as a teenager for stealing some Apple computers.

Pretty much all EU countries, USA, Canada and Japan have "anti-piracy rules" and enforcement of them to some point

And this matters how?