>Upgradable
>GNU/Linux
>Cheaper

> faster
nope, macbook has a much faster GPU and basically the same CPU
> upgradeable
Only RAM and SSD, you can't upgrade the GPU
> GNU/Linux
MacOS is Unix, and you can easily install GNU on it too.
> Cheaper
True, but not by much. Also it's bigger, heavier and has a shitty build quality.

That black plastic masking out motherboard covered in black tape for electrical isolation looks like cheap chink shit when compared to insides of that macbook.

Get the 2015 MBP, you fucking retard. You can upgrade the storage and it actually has ports which you can plug things into without dongles. It also gets more than 5 hours of battery life.

Yeah but I think the Thinkpad probably actually has ports on it

/thread

>Thinkpad
>16:9

Buy the Mac.

>Aplel
>Lelnovo

I would rather get an System76

four thunderbolt 3 ports have a much, much larger throughput than a couple of deprecated usb 2, vga out and HDMI. In a year or two, every accessory will have usc-c connection, and the P50 will become a deprecated fat and heavy piece of shit.

>and the P50 will become a deprecated fat and heavy piece of shit
But user, it already is.

savage

As a P50 owner, get the fucking P50.

The only problem I have with it (aside from the shitty chiclet keyboard) is that you need to buy some weird HDD drive caddy separately (unless it says it's included). It's a solid desktop replacement.

I got mine "used" (not new, but barely used with zero wear on it) for around $1100 USD, although with slightly lower specs.

> never tested the macbook
> recommends the P50

Get the MacBook for macOS, you inbred. You'll become a shitposter in a week, but you'll love your computer.

>recommends the thing he has experience with because he owns it

Pretty worthless if he didn't experienced the thing it's compared to and is a position of ignorance.

It'd work better if the question was whether P50 is worth it.

I dont get it, ok you can upgrade your Thinkpad but theres no need to open every single piece of hardware by a specific plate.
Just make one big one like mac does and you safe alot of screws and makes an easier product if your back plate gets damaged you just replace one piece.

The quadro M2000M wrecks the pro 460 in computation (yes, even with less flops) and matches a 960 in OpenGL, which blows away a pro 460 in OpenGL

[citation required]

Radeon Pro 460:
> 35W
> 14nm
> 3 million transistors
> 3D Mark - Firestrike Score: 4616 (average)
> Cloud Gate Standard Score: 27623 (average)

Quadro M2000M:
> 55W
> 28nm
> 1.9 million transistors
> 3D Mark - Firestrike Score: 3879 (average)
> Cloud Gate Standard Score: 17567 (average)

sources:
notebookcheck.com/AMD-Radeon-Pro-460.181781.0.html
notebookcheck.com/NVIDIA-Quadro-M2000M.151564.0.html

izi decision

>canned benchmark generator
Yeah I saw those too, but I went a few Google links further down for real reviews.
The 960M is closer the a pro 460 in OpenGL than I thought but the 960m still beats it. I keep saying the 960m because there isn't a real modern benchmark for M2000M OpenGL, just a benchmark showing it as 96% performance of a 960M, which does have MANY benchmarks beating the pro 460

>b..but he feels t.t.that nvidia is faster!

[citation required] (again)

Keep bullshiting, nvidia shill. No one believes your lies anymore.

> pic related

Source:
browser.primatelabs.com/v4/compute/compare/168951?baseline=227877

No I'm saying that Apple consistently makes poor hardware decisions
Don't tell me you disagree?

Do you have benchmarks that are actually tested in one go or just database benchmark generators again?
You gotta stop using those, they're never right

>spend $250 on a 1060
>blows away any thinkpad or MacBook at that price, probably next gens MacBook as well
>still cheaper than macbook

the new 1060 comes with a display, keyboard, CPU, RAM, SSD, Keyboard, Speakrs, Battery and trackpad as well?

I'm saying buy the thinkpad, sell the M2000M and you could have a fucking 1070 laptop for cheaper than a macbook

It's much cheaper to build a computer yourself if graphics are so important.

Who designed that Thinkpad? Does it have fan exhaust at the front or a USB A port?
Wires everywhere
Tape everywhere

lmao, when did GPU slots happen on laptops?

> sell the M2000M
Ok, i will desolder it and sell on ebay

>Tape everywhere
How else would the components stay attached?

> what are screws?

Screws are heavy. Tape is light.

He doesn't need to test the MacBook Pro since it's not easily upgradable, has a non-removable battery, and is overpriced.

Not portable, not comparable.

Alright, buy a P70 and a Titan XP, still cheaper than a macbook

four screws for each component wouldn't add any noticeable weight at all.

You know what else does not add noticeable weight? Scotch tape.

why hasn't anyone mentioned the SSD yet? NVMe vs SATA? rofl

you can hate apple all you want but the MacBook DEMOLISHES in the comparison. not to mention you get a touchbar which could be decent.

I'm more interested in the battery life figures which weren't posted.

>still cheaper than a macbook
nope.

get the dell XPS 15 9560, why would you buy a laptop from the last generation?

I already did my googling, now it's your turn

>battery life
Nu-Thinkpads aren't known for having a great battery life, the Mac probably wins this as well.

Is this bait? If you want an overpriced fashion accessory that can access Facebook and twitter, get the MBP. If you want a real computer, get the p50.

/thread

The NVME drive used in the MacBook is about 1/3 the speed of a 960 pro, which you CAN install in the p50 and not the macbook

>which you CAN install in the p50
Through Sata3? AYYYY LMAOOOOO

> 1/3 the speed of a 960 pro
top kek, you're literally illiterate in the subject, aren't you?

got a source on that bud? IIRC, the SSD in the 2016 MacBooks are 3.0Gbps read, 2.0 Gbps write.

I looked up on google and saw the 1.5GB/s area

Even my $200 laptop has an NVME capable m2 slot
Online it says it works, the bios confirms it and the speeds confirm it

>Even my $200 laptop has an NVME capable m2 slot
Why would you lie on the internet?

Sorry you've been buying MacBooks and are 3 generations behind everyone else

WHO CARES

It's a faster interface.
If it isn't being taken advantage of, it's not to blame.

Then why aren't you capable of naming a single laptop that has a m2 slot and costs $200?

Almost all laptops have an M2 slot actually, at least 4/5 of the ones I've seen (ironically the MacBook doesn't have an M2 *slot*), I was specifically referring to NVME

Sorry, it was $600 brand new, it must've depreciated 2/3 of the price since its release
Almost as bad as Apple products

>$600 brand new
wow, let me guess:
> plastic build
> 1080p or less
> dual core
> Intel HD graphics
How wrong am I?

>Samsung 950 pro
>replaceable battery
>could buy 13 laptops before a macbook
>could buy two entire desktop powerhouses AND a portable SFX build before a macbook
Stay jealous

So I'm 100% right?

Yeah, I paid 7% of the price and got a computer that's better than a MacBook without GPU, which I could easily spend the extra $2600/2400 I saved on

No I have 2.8GHz i7, kinda like what that image shows
Sorry you overpaid 1400% for a fucking pro 460 GPU and no ports

> Lying on the internet

>6 fucking pounds

>no no no you're wrong! MacBooks can't be a bad deal Tim told me so!

>applel debate team

>still 28nm maxlel
get the superior amd.

2015 i7 MBP 15"

Those two laptops on the picture can go wreck themselves.

but the new one is faster than the 2015 one.

Why not T570?

> IntelĀ® Integrated HD Graphics
> Up to NVIDIA GeForce 940MX 2GB
TOP KEK

The M2000m is roughly a GTX 950m.

The 940mx is only a bit slower.

If you're not a gaymer it's a perfectly valid laptop.

It's fine for desktop use, media use, etc.

It's a workstation, not a gayming laptop.

what laptop is it bud

>The new Touch Bar MacBook Pro
>It's as thin as an Air and feels not much heavier, but packs all the Pro features Mac users are accustomed to at the higher end: desktop class performance, broad expansion connectivity and super fast, larger capacity internal storage.

>The M2000m is roughly a GTX 950m
nope
> The 940mx is only a bit slower
nope again

therefore you're not only wrong, but wrong^2. The 940mx is much slower than a M2000M

How the fuck is 1.2Tflops SIGNIFICANTLY more than ~860 GFlops?

I agree it's slower, but unless you're gaming you'd literally never notice, and even for CSGO, league of legends, DOTA, etc. it's not like you're gonna have problems with either one.

You're not wrong, but if you want good GPU compute, none of these laptops are particularly meant for that, there are much higher end mobile GPUs for that purpose than the M2000m.

Why even get a modern Thinkpad? They've abandoned most of the design conventions that made them stand out - they look like trendy faggy macbooks now. The only advantage would be the clit.

All they do is sell low tier clevos at 3x the markup

not the person you're replying to, but 1.2/.86 =~ 1.5, so 50% is pretty significant....

>Can't upgrade anything on donglebook pro
I wish you could upgrade your brain

Because you can still open them and do as you please, instead of everything being soldered and/or having proprietary connectors to prevent third-party upgrades.

the P50 was designed for engineering CAD

the mac was designed for facebook and gay sex

you make the call

pretty much this

>he doesn't understand what CAD GPUs do

can you PLEASE fuck off back to your gay sex forum

How does one design laptop hardware for facebook and gay sex?

>>he doesn't understand what CAD GPUs do
So you're implying the Radeon Pro 460 isn't meant for CAD?
hahahaha

And the shitbook will throttle to core2duo speeds and have 2 hour battery life in real usage.

/thread

Fixed for accuracy.

apple is far too consumer-tier now, radeon instead of fp?? wtf were they thinking, at least that chinkppad has quadro card. And what is this 4 USB C nonsense, what the actual fuck, they couldn't just live in peace and keep type A.

I have an imac, mbp, iphone, ipad, and when they wear out, I'm never buying apple unless they change their philosophy of pro products.

BWHAHAAHAH ARE PEOPLE ACTUALLY ARGUING THE THINKPAD IS BETTER?

do you fuckers not see the NVMe storage vs the SATA? driving four vs one 4k displays? P3color/500 vs sRGBcolor/300 nit display? all while being thinner and lighter 1.5lbs??!?!?

AHAHAHAHH u fucking poorfags got your heads so far up your asses the pungent smell of it seems to delude you. GET FUCKED

>t. mactoddler

>Yeah but I think the Thinkpad probably actually has ports on it
savage.

Are you seriously considering either one? What do you need all those high specs on a laptop?

At that price point, wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a portable workstation which some user here has mentioned Dell for example will literally send a tech to replace your workstation if it quits? Someone confirm this please.

I would rather wait for the ThinkPad Retro in a perfect world, but still the P50 wins for having a TrackPoint. I mean, it wins for several reasons, but this is the reason ThinkPads will always win against MacBooks for me, no matter what.

>Paying over 2 thousand fucking dollars for any laptop ever

You fuckin wot m8

>not to mention you get a touchbar which could be decent.
You're not wrong, but can you tell me HOW it could be decent? I really can't think of many examples where I would appreciate it and get good use out of it.

At that price he's gotta either be talking about a ChromeBook or something used like a ThinkPad.