Got an Asus 1070 Turbo. Will it VR with the vive?

Got an Asus 1070 Turbo. Will it VR with the vive?

Yes, but only at 30fps on a modern title.

you got bamboozled. 390x is the MINIMUM for VR at 60fps with a modern title

HAHAHAHA!
Good one.

Raja said you need an RX480 for Premium VR.

But I guess a 1070 will do "bad VR" just fine.

The 1070 is faster than the 980ti...

Fury X is a totally different animal, dumbass
Because nVidia intentionally uses driver updates to gimp performance of older cards.

>Because nVidia intentionally uses driver updates to gimp performance of older card
This stupid meme should stop

Not until nvidia stops doing it

can't people just rollback their drivers?

the point is that for most idiots they just update automatically and the cards degrade in performance and they buy another. it's just a shady market practice

Show me benches with new and old Nvidia drivers, the new AMD driver are just faster, nothing to do with Nvidia. The grimp is bullshit.

[Citation needed]

>falling for the vr meme

The 1070 is a terrible card in terms of price to performance.

How? It's $379

not going to link you stuff that was discussed for ages, but there is plenty of information online on how the 960 gets better fps on games against a 780 wich is the double of the card that a 960 is.

Nope, if you are gonna buy a new card now, it's gotta be atleast a 1070GTX.

The RX480/GTX1060 are bad cards for the price they are sold, atleast here.

It's a just a bit faster than a 970GTX

The 1070 is the worst card ever, if you buy one you should buy two and make SLI cause it will be the one that will take the bigest hit on drive updates since it has literally no competition and Nvidia will have to make owners of it to buy a new one. You should go for 1080 or Titan XP, or wait for VEGA (june2017

>wait for Vega

Ahh, another waitfag

No, the GTX 1070 is the best card available right now, price performance among the enthusiast cards.

You go either with the GTX1070 or the RX470 if you want the best bang for bucks.

I've heard that card has a shitty cooler, what temps are you getting?

I've been looking for a nice blower card for a low profile build, and that one is nicely priced; especially the 1080. but some people claim it throttles on anything other than a light load.

Not really. I only really play TF2 and Payday 2 atm, still saving up for the vive