Perfect programming languages don't ex

> Perfect programming languages don't ex...

Other urls found in this thread:

techempower.com/benchmarks/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'd love to see elixir solve a problem that can't be solvable reasonably in every other modern language.

Does it have a code of conduct or any sjw in the dev team?
If yes then it's garbage

scalable web apps with excellent performance
no

>scalable web apps with excellent performance
Nice. I'm convinced.

I support this thread.

Elixir is very comfy.

Elixir + Phoenix is the future of web

Disclaimer I have never used Elixir whatsoever

>functionnal language
retard proof
>webdev
retard magnet

hoepfully the repulsive effect will be stronger than the magnet effect and we will see well-designed webapps for once

Elixir+Rust+ES6/ES7 can solve 99% of all non-embedded needs.

The golden age of software development is near.

+Go

(Un)fortunately elixir is retard friendly even though it is functional

>calling a dynamically typed language perfect

>scalable web apps with excellent performance
Go?

nice "stack" (cringes), bro.

Languages are all good, it's crappy programming logic that kills.

>Go
Literally a step back in terms of language design. The only thing it has going for it is ease of learning, ease of creating zero-dependency binaries on multiple platforms (this is the big reason I use go), and a great standard library.
None of these have anything to do with language design.

In terms of performance: It hardly beats out nodejs, which is really fucking sad.

>In terms of performance: It hardly beats out nodejs, which is really fucking sad.
You have a source for that? Everything I've read says otherwise

Wow you are a snowflake aren't u? . I went in the useful direction... gnu, Linux cli, vb, c, perl, php, pdo, python, net, *sql's, java, js, jquery, html5, css3, angular js, specializing in hippa compliance, securities and crm development.

I've never even heard of but I agree.
There's nothing like it

Kek. I was a compliance auditor once. It's nothing to brag about mate.

Looks half decent, I love multi paradigm languages but it doesn't really bring anything new to the table. F#, scala and ocaml are my main languages until something truly ground breaking comes along.

I really like Elixir and Phoenix but both Erlang and Elixir are ridiculously slow for anything CPU bound. Even slower than Ruby. If you're just building a dumb web service it's great though.

>In terms of performance: It hardly beats out nodejs, which is really fucking sad.

are you actually retarded

>doesn't know how computers actually work: the post

>implying VB.net is good

>doesn't know how computers actually work: the post

butthurt node.js dev alert

techempower.com/benchmarks/

The reason you *think* nodejs is slow is because you read CPU benchmarks, not IO benchmarks. Guess what's more important for a webserver?
Also almost all the benchmarks I've read comparing cpu are somewhat unfair: nodejs is single threaded by design, preferring multi-process over multi-threaded.
I haven't noticed a massive difference between the two performance wise if you have a nodejs cluster.

But is it
W E B S C A L E
?

> Erlang

Nope.

> IT'S NOT PROGRESSIVE TECHNOLOGY. HELLO... IT'S 2016 YOUR FUCKING BIGOT

End yourself.

>mfw nobody attacked you on the design part because it's true that go is a purposefully nerfed language to reign in Google employees

>le flavor of the month language with garbage web framework for autismo numale coders offering no benefits over existing languages framework pairs

>using that many buzzwords to convey that simple an idea
End yourself.

>no OOP
Why did I even bother looking it up?

lambda calculus is the closest to a 'perfect' programming language we have

Is that the new C logo?

Yeah they do.
>implying assembly isn't a programming language

It's not a high level programming language, but it still qualifies since it does some facilities over the instruction set.

I just now heard about it and i can confirm it's the future of not only just programming languages but holds the key to unlocking all the secrets of the universe as well.

Literally EVERYTHING scales these days. You can even make Ruby scale if you throw enough resources at it.

Modern web is micro services and single page apps anyway.