No guts thread

>no guts thread

Lets start this one with SFF
I just swapped from a ref. 980 to this 1060, the few cables I have have been uncovered, oh no!

Wtf is that cpu cooler?

cryorig M9i with noiseblocker blacksilent 92mm

Cryorig M9a or M9i

noody cares about your stupid gaymer computer setup

get some dust filter

do u think that 2nd fan on the cpu cooler is worth over fan on the back of case?

pic rel is setup from ~9 months ago

now I have GPU and ATX-24pin braided cables (much better) and I went back to air cooling (SilentiumPC Fera 2)

Needs a good old clean, probably should stop smoking the green indoors and while using my pc but it's fucking cold outside.

X99 upgrade soon

I honestly haven't tried mounting the fan on the back, but I don't think it would do a ton.
Might try it later tonight

same old same old

>((((((((Xeon))))))))
Such a good little goy

cheap chips work great.

Hello

updated picture, I accidentally posted old one

neat
housefire/10
when will the upside down case meme end
>Single 1080
>4k screen
Atleast buy two 980tis or a Titan xp
Jesus man

What's wrong with
?

mfw left out ;_;

>Mom I need a full tower
Shit sorry my dude I like the dedication with the jerry rigged GPU cooler, what do you use that xeon for?

occasional photoshop work and rendering, mostly gaymen. used it to replace my old i7 920. gpu will be replaced soon as the cooler really is not adequate

What's wrong with a full tower? PC was a budget build and Micro-ATX boards are cheaper than ATX boards.I went with a full-tower so when I upgrade to kaby lake i can get a full ATX board. Let alone the fact that it isn't even a full tower, It's a mid-tower.

Why is your PSU backwards?

Mount it the other way and it draws air from the outside through the other side vent and doesn't fuck with your CPU cooler airflow. There is no reason not to do this.

t. N-CASE M1 owner

with the 980 in there it was literally impossible to mount it that way,
If I cared and wanted to redo all my cables I'd flip it but as is, eh.
Gonna be switching to an HDPLEX soon enough.
Post your ncase?

Be honest do you even care about gayming or just love to have a compact system? just asking since the 980 would demolish the 1060.

Is a 1060 even an upgrade from a 980? I don't think it is.

Beautiful.
Im going with the red case and a weaker system
>970 OC Edition (Nonsense)
>I5 6600 turbo'd to 3.9GHZ

literally impossible to cable manage

my score in Time spy went up 300 points with the change, and benchmarks they trade blows.

I'm kind of in between though, I like gaming but nothing I play a lot really pushed my 980 except for VR which I don't do a ton, and that was only a few specific games.
I care a lot about being small + quiet as possible though.
sidegrade, upgrade in the sense that I can now fit my system into an S4 mini with a heatsink and PSU change.
That's fine, yeah.
Doesn't make the matx board look any more fitting in the ATX case though :^)

You retards and your ricer cases don't even have a fuckin DVD drive

Why get one if I don't need one?

>Oh shit my hard drive got corrupted now I need to load up my OS again
>oh shit my USB flash memory drive is corrupt too because USB drives are more volatile than a disc
>bought this old PC game on sale from Amazon, oh wait it's on a disc

2009 called, they want their DVD drives back.

>implying you even need external media to install an OS anymore

Disk Drives are starting to become obsolete.

Starting lol. I haven't put a disk drive in a build since late 2015

oi boi toi

Sorry I got so defensive about my m-atx board, I've gotten alot of shit over it and I get triggered easily.

Using the NZXT S340 and it doesn't even have a slot for one.

good youre a fuckin dumbo

What GPUs are those? The general aesthetic reminds me of my sapphire nitro r9 380.

Absolutely love this case. I'm glad I see a decent amount of it here.

did you get a 2nd fury?

I'll most likely be upgrading to a 1440p monitor so I'm not sure the 480 is going to be enough. Not sure if I should go through the trouble of trying to sell it then upgrading to a 1070, or just drop another 480 in and deal with crossfire

Is it true that having RAM which is not powers of 2 is bad? Like 12GB or 24GB?

*Cough* Crossfire *Cough*

1440p isn't worth for games. Just keep the game resolutions at 1080p imo

I have the same PSU. It is tight with a full-length GPU but fits ok if you're careful. Switched to an R9 Nano myself which solved most of the internal space issues

I agree crossfire sounds like the way to go, that card would look good in crossfire.

Yea I haven't seen a real reason to upgrade to 1440p

here's the scores
Eh, I preferred the look/ lack of sag with the fan facing in. But I might flip it if I decide to try putting that rear CPU fan on the back of the case.

I'm still running a 1080p 60 hz monitor from 2009. kek

Im no fool.
>Overclocked 1060.

ah yeah, good point.
Forgot I got the SC version.
still, in benches online of regular 1060's they trade blows with the 980.

Wait, is that silver or did you paint your Ncase white?

silver
Phone cam is meh + bright sun makes it look white.

I see. It actually makes me think that it would look pretty good in white. I'd probably sell my extra black one if they did make it.

nitro r9 furys

You could always use white plastidip on it, that way you could peel it when you get tired of it or something.

My Ncase was the first silver case I got and it made me absolutely fall in love with clear anodized aluminum, especially if it's brushed.

Cool. Sapphire rewards are bullshit though.

yea it went down to a really low price so i said fuck it

>anodized aluminum

That's the reason why I won't paint mine. Wouldn't be worth it.

yea i wouldnt even bother with that

Shotty updated speccy
r8 chan bless me

That must be one power hungry system

Nah never more than 800 watts
Power is cheap anyway so I don't care how much I use

overclocks?

+200 core
+600 mem
+35mv

CPU 4.6ghz 1.285v

Currently waiting on Vega to see about moving back to one card since SLI either likes to work or doesn't.

Oops forgot pic.

SLI support seems to be worse than crossfire nowadays. Tried playing ROTTR and I get only 5fps improvement with another 1080

Always loved your guts. Good stuff

My current Desktop

What case is that?

NZXT S340.

By far my favorite and best case I've used for a build.

>980 to 1060

what does he mean by this?

Here's another sexier view

I'm never getting a hybrid graphics card again. Too many hoses and too much extra noise. Getting the quiet corsair fan helped a buttload

Ncase masterrace

Are you running two R9 Fury Xs? Thinking of doing this rather than getting a 1080.

How is the power draw though? Bet you're running 1000+ watt PSU

Cooler and gpu? Looks nice except for the spaghetti

Too lazy and the cables are stiff on the corsair.
Dark Rock TF and a PNY 1080 I bought from Dell for $375 after taxes.

Nice, don't see many using that cooler. I thought it had too many incompatibilities or was it you can only use one fan with it? Also I thought I was lucky getting a FE 1080 for $450 on craigslist but maybe prices have normalized now.

I want to get the M1 but I can't justify a case that expensive when it doesn't even come with basic features like included dust filters, it just feels like a rip off.

It has since v2 I think. Or are you expecting a filter for everything?

Actually I forgot, even v1 had them. They just aren't the nice magnetic ones like the current version has.

Because the cooler is pretty much only compatible with 1 z170 board. Bequiet also has a terrible mounting system so I probably have air bubbles. I idle 27 on the 6700k though so it's probably not too bad. High 70s on load. I'm just too lazy to disassemble everything because it is a pain.

The case was a pain in the ass since I stripped the psu bracket screws. Soft as shit and I have a new screwdriver so it shouldn't be the tool. Hard to cram Mobo+hsf in such a tight space. Would've been easier if I could have removed the bracket.

I hate ribbon cables

I like! What case?

Nice Node, specs plz? I've got one myself with a 4790k and 1070itx combo. Fit an h55 in there too.

2cute4words

always beautiful

I need to clean my case...

It comes with the magnetic filter for the side as seen here Plus two filters you can screw in to bottom mounted fans.

10/10 Perfect build.

how long you have that toshiba for?

Ugly, functional, deathly silent.

It's brand new famskies. Why's that?

ty

hmm

Those evga coolers look so nice, why did they have to go with the tacky gamery shit with pascal coolers I'll never understand

why so much ram?