What kind of media player does Sup Forums use? I was using VLC until awhile ago, but MPC-HC had...

What kind of media player does Sup Forums use? I was using VLC until awhile ago, but MPC-HC had, what looked like better default video display. Although I'm a pleb and don't tune them or anything

Other urls found in this thread:

mpv.srsfckn.biz/mpv-x86_64-20161120.7z
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

VLC because it's the only one that works out of the box.

MPC-BE. Try it.

When will this meme die?

It's not a meme though, mpchc/be required codec packs while mpv needs tons of configuration.

VLC simply had more hours put into it, and it's why it's much more developed and intuitive.

VLC is the greatest media player of all time and the only one that supports all platforms.

>mpchc/be required codec packs
Again, when will this meme die?

>VLC is the greatest media player of all time and the only one that supports all platforms.
Default in Debian install. No need for ubuntu type restricted extras bullshit.

MPC-BE definitely has bolder colors and a much nicer UI, I'll be switching to this from now on lol.

Personally I haven't had any video/audio files that have required a codec pack. However I just stick to pirated movies/videos that are all generally mp4 and mkvs with subs. Or do codecs do more than just allowing you to play a file and improve quality in general?

>don't mention mpv in this thread
that's our secret ultimate player

>mpv needs tons of configuration
When will you die already

VLC doesn't require any configuration, because it's simply doesn't support advanced features like mpv, and those features are optional you retard

lmao that bad huh

MPC-HC+madVR+xysubfilter

>retard detected

Just a noob to media players lol

>codec packs
nice meme

upload file

MPC-HC (nightly) + LAV Filers (nightly) + AssFilterMod (nightly)

He is just memeing, it was 2 years ago on his broken mac.

Mpc-HC + Mad VR for anime
Mpc-BE for everything else.

If mpcbe is so recommended then why do most packs/installs include mpchc?

Why? You can use MadVR with BE as well.

Just try it and see for yourself.
I don't think BE is recommended much outside of Sup Forums. And HC is probably older or something.

Anyway, some user recommended me once and I've never looked back. It just works, like HC but with a much nicer interface.

You don't need to "tune" your media player. Just fucking use it as is.

I'm trying out mpv for my chinese cartoons, but getting terrible framerates. Intel skylake graphics, manjaro, and tried vo=vdpau/vaapi/opengl, hwdec, increasing the cache, but the performance never improves past stock. (changing to vdpau actually makes it worse)
Any suggestions on how to make it usable?

Also, best feature for me is thumbnails while hovering over the seek-bar. Can't live without it.

mpv is a bugfest, try changing from full screen to windowed during playback, sometimes it gets the unstable framerate fixed automatically.

mpv with OpenGL output

not mpv's fault that mesa is shit.

there is a mpv script that sets the framerate to your xrandr setting before playback that fixes such problems

Best player I've ever tried. And I've tried many of them.

/thread

Just kill yourself.

>mpchc/be require codec packs
LOL NO

>while mpv needs tons of configuration
LOL NO

>VLC is the greatest media player of all time
LOL NO

because it comes with cute anime girls

I use VLC (:

>mpv
xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

>portableapps.com
Why not just use the Nightly, you silly sausage?

>mpv takes advantage of your CPU for flawless playback
>somehow this is a bad thing

It's actually the latest Nightly, but portable

>takes advantage
It hogs resources for no reason, they all look the same. Same file, 1080p30fps, stretched at 1440p, they look the same. MPV is trash.

I use VLC mainly these days, and I'm not dissatisfied with it, but MPC is one of the only things that I miss from Windows.

In that scenario all players were running windowed at 1:1, so no scaling was involved

What about HEVC encodes, or 60fps? Have you tested those?

i recently installed k-lite, did i fuck up?

MPV
P
V

I tested 60fps Fraps .avi, and the result was the same. When it comes to HEVC, VLC performs the best, I think CUVID does not support HEVC hence why MPC's usage will rise a bit. Still, less than 10%. I haven't tested HEVC with latest MPC nightly though, only on stable.

I see

PROTIP: .zip or .7z are portable builds

That's becasue you are retarded. mpv can use only gpu, cpu usage will be 0%

Very much so.

hahaha
vlc gpu usage is higher than mpv
fake confirmed

PEBCAK

there's literally no difference besides the user interface

I use VLC on W10/Arch/Android. To be honest its downsides are not very relevant to me so I don't really care about others since VLC plays everything I need without requiring any interaction well enough to satisfy me.

There is, VLC has the worst quality.

mpv because it works "out of the box", has everything built into it, and plays everything I've thrown at it including a file vlc couldn't play.

mpc-hc madVR.
When in full screen on videos wider than 16:9, it crops out the edges. What setting did I mess up?

>all this people unironically using vlc

Neo/g/ is real and is right here.

Only in the sense that in doing so you've installed a bunch of shit you'll never need, which will likely make your system even more unstable than normal. Also in the sense that it's infected your system with God only knows what malware.

You should only ever install the common shit that you definitely need. If you ever need something less common then install it only when you get to that point for certain. Never install something because you may need it for unknown reasons in the future.

mpv+svp master race

[svp]
vo=opengl
hwdec=no
input-ipc-server=/tmp/mpvsocket

[default]
profile=svp

Where do they store the settings? If it's AppData then it's not portable.

Meme player shills

.ini files

Though they may default to registry... Hmm...

The only problem with MPC-BE is that it always starts in a small ass window. Back when I used MPC-HC, it automatically resized itself to the resolution of the video when you played something. It doesn't really matter since I watch in fullscreen anyway, but it still bothers me a lot.

MPV is better

vlc shit shill

.ini file in AppData? If it's inside the MPC folder then it's portable, I noticed there's an option to store config in .ini file. I'll give it a try some day. While I love VLC, I'm quite liking MPC's ability to use CUVID.

>you can't even customize such simple things
why are you using shit player? in mpv you can configure everything

troll and/or retard

If anything you come off as a vlc shill 2bh

You must be retarded to defend this On a fucking 3770k and a 780ti

i use vlc on linux because i can't find any other player than can be easily set up to normalize audio

and you are retarded for ignoring this
You are obviously doing something wrong

Right, what is it then?

I can with mpv. I use the N key

N af toggle lavfi=dynaudorm

give me remote access and I'll tell you :)

Seriously though, mpv always uses less resources than vlc with hwdec, it has on the 5 computers I've tested it on. And it has for other competent people I've talked to.

baka-mplayer for video, deadbeef for music

>I use VLC (:
You must be completely retarded then

I don't know, I have a desktop and three laptops and MPV performs the worst on all of them. All running Windows 7 SP1 x64 with different configurations varying from Core2Duo, IvyBridge and an XPS15 with a Skylake CPU. All have Nvidia GPUs. Sam eresults on all, MPV uses less GPU relative to VLC/MPC and a lot more CPU.

>what is cache and how do i disable it. the post

Then you don't seem very competent, no offence.

I think I am enough competent to get a piece of software working/ It's not my fault that mpv is developed by idiots who don' know programming for shit. In the latest build of MPV they actually broke the d3d acceleration and it uses opengl. In my screenshot it's actually the last build that has d3d accel still wring, otherwise with opengl CPU usage would have been over 40% constantly.

>In the latest build of MPV they actually broke the d3d acceleration and it uses opengl.
You just confirmed you are not competent.

It's broken in the last build.

It works here, means it's broken for you only and you being incompetent can't fix your shit

I highly doubt. D3d is broken since December.

So I just gave MPC-BE another chance after all the feature talk in this thread. I'm impressed. I'll probably replace MPC-HC with it now. Is there any reason not to?

It's a shame they don't advertise all these features more. Had to specifically look for them and try them out to see how they work.

works for me

Both angle backend and vo=direct3d work fine here
Doesn't work for you != it's broken

dead proect sadly.

It was awesome.

You can doubt if you want people who use it and myself know the truth, troll.

btw latest build from sourceforge

I use this: mpv.srsfckn.biz/mpv-x86_64-20161120.7z which still has d3d acceleration working.

are you a bot

>retard detected

looks like its time to filter another retarded namefag

Ah, you got me

MPC-HC with nothing on, except when im in full autismo mode i go the extra mile for the 60fps md vr, ffdshow codec, SVP, nvidiot cuda shit and the whole SHITBANG
>doesnt support rat dvd
Yeah gas yourself fagot.

>DVD
Go back to bed, grandpa.