Download libre office

>download libre office
>it's shit
>download open office
>it's shit
>download LATEX
>you have to be a fucking nuclear engineer rocket scientist just to type two sentences

>download Microsoft Office
>it just werks

Explain this shit Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

konachan.com/post/show/173369
youtube.com/watch?v=BBiOx3pKZAc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>download LATEX
>you have to be a fucking nuclear engineer rocket scientist just to type two sentences

I actually lel'd because it's true. Poorfags don't even have an excuse since it's so easy to pirate or buy a russian scam key for $5.

Why are anime posters almost always stupid shitposters?

What is lyx?

>office software
t. wagecuck

This. NEET life ftw.

neets are worse than niggers.

>download LATEX
I want to transcend reality and download a programming language too.

> t.
tpi

The biggest downside to LaTeX is that you have to speak english.
Other than that, it is the same if not 100% identical to writing a document in microsoft office, except the hotkeys and the button layout are different.
You type stuff using the keyboard, special things can be done from the menus.
The good thing about LaTeX is that when you press those menu options, it will not do some magic behind the scenes, it just inserts text you could just as easily write yourself.
Maybe the first document you write is a bit puzzling, but it is just as easy to learn as learning to write stuff in word.

Broken window fallacy.

What exactly is so shit about LibreOffice sans the outdated design?

I use it and MS Office (for different purposes) and while LO isn't quite there, it's pretty damn decent for most people.

If you can't use latex you probably shouldn't be programming. Only the mathematical syntax is somewhat complex, and regular document markup is about as complex as markdown.

I have been using libreOffice but when I tried to send some work for the school, it switched all the text and pics positions.

>I actually lel'd because it's true.
>Latex

You mean, someone opened it in MS Word, and it didn't work, because Word is buggy?

>>download libre office
>>i'm not used to it so it's shit
>>download open office
>>i'm not used to it so it's shit
>>download LATEX
>>i'm too stupid to look up half page of documentation
>>download Microsoft Office
>>i'm used to it so i like it, moreover, i wanna shitpost on g.

I fixed your post

>download LATEX

Sorry, you are just dumb. Latex is extremely easy. Use a template as base, read a wiki, and boom. You're ready to write any document, from a thesis to a simple two page report.

You mean always ?

>have to speak english

What?

Keywords and markups make way more sense if you know English.

Writing non-English papers in LaTeX is sometimes a bit awkward.

if you are pajeet that only speaks in curry, something like '\begin{titlepage}' wont be as intuitive

> too stupid to use Latex
Once again OP is a faggot

Because anime posting IS shitposting by itself

what if i only want word and excel, how to do this?

last time i used the official installer it just slapped all kinds of shit on my computer without asking anything. i don't need the entire MS software catalog, just word and excel

At least OP is not a degenerate frog poster
God I hate this Pepe meme

>download LATEX
You're a fucking idiot if you can't use LaTeX, it's literally the simplest fucking thing that exists.

>what is PDF?

>posts frog meme himself
ishiggyddt

just checked and if you want to install one "app" of the office set, you have to install the complete office suite plus additional bullshit like outlook, skype and onedrive

how is this acceptable?

>read a wiki
>needing that just to use a word processor

There is nothing intuitive about it. Why '\begin{titlepage}' instead of '\begin(titlepage)' or '\begin titlepage' ?

Works fine on macOS, Microshaft literally ruined Word on their OS.

>download Microsoft Office
can't make plots with several indepentent y-axis, without overlaying then on eachother.
>""Office"" my ass

then how do i change font and its size. without trying to figure out the config for 20 minutes

>
>>posts frog meme himself
>ishygddt
Ftfy

Once they fix compatibility with .docx and other new formats introduced with office 2007, it'll be perfect.

assuming you're not just trying to make us all super mad on purpose, what exactly is it you need that LibreOffice doesn't provide?

come on buddy you're not that simple are you?

This.
The accents in French words are a pain to write.
Otherwise it's clear and great for scientific papers.

> >you have to be a fucking nuclear engineer rocket scientist just to type two sentences
This is Sup Forums level in 2017.

whats erong with libre office?

>anime
>"I'm to stupid for fucking LaTeX, something you could write the bulk of non-mathemtical work in txt files and typeset later"

checks out

So go back to digg or krautshit if you don't like Sup Forums memes.

Any pepe made past 2013 is reddit tier. Only sad frog and feels good man are Sup Forums. Also, smug pepe wasn't even made here, it was made on krautchan so you can't even try to pull the site culture card on that.

>libreoffice
>it's shit

How? Any explanation at all?

You are lying through your goddamn teeth. At this point LibreOffice does everything MS Office does, there is no noticeable difference, except

>LibreOffice loads faster
>you don't have to buy or pirate it

You are a faggot. I bet you were also one of the fags that hated Windows 8 for no other reason than the goddamn start menu. What a fucking baby.

Is there something equivalent to The Saurus in LO? Been using it for years on and off, but at least haven't come across such a function.

>what is XeTeX

Writing in Norwegian is about as annoying as setting it up to use UTF-8, and then everything works.

Isn't it the same in French? Once it reads the file as UTF-8, the cedilles and accents should just be there. What is nice about the system is that it lets people write symbols they don't have on their keyboard.

>while LO isn't quite there, it's pretty damn decent for most people.

Pretty much. The sort of shit I use desktop publishing software for doesn't require anything special. I've been using Open/LibreOffice for as long as I can remember now, and have never run into an issue where it WASN'T more than sufficient. Most people are in this same boat. If you do have special requirements, then chances are that LaTex, and not MS Office is what you need.

Commercial software needs to meet a certain user standard to sell because the only people who would buy software are basically computer illiterate.

I personally have never paid for Office currently have it through university and before that I pirated. Hell, the pirated version is BETTER because it doesn't try to authenticate to MS servers once a week

but LibreOffice is great for everything apart from referencing without third party tools.

>Microsoft Office
>not shit

lol wut. I'm not saying that Libre Office is better, mind you, but MS Office is equally shit.

>LATEX
It's true there's a learning curve until you know how things behave, but it's not that bad. After a bit of time, you'll just know how to use it. There's not that much to learn.
Also there are templates for a lot of stuff, which make it really easy to get you started.
You can use beamer to create presentations for example. They look so much better than powerpoint, and beamer isn't complicated at all.

>Beamer

didn't know this existed

this is the kind of cool shit I browse Sup Forums for

thanks m8

\big

Or set the font size in the preamble

>not being a nuclear engineer rocket scientist

Kys yourself you sub 180 IQ brainlet.

you are retarded.

>organization primarily uses Word
>create document in hipster bullshit
>blame the more popular software on the fact that your hipster bullshit fails to create compatible documents

It certainly isn't LibreOffice's fault that MS is shit at implementing any standards not their own.

I used to take notes during classes in LaTeX
Are you retarded?

>Libre office
>ctrl-A, set font
>click somewhere in text, start typing
>Times New Roman
>ctrl-A, set font
>type
>Times New Roman
>whatever
>on page 385 of 900
>replace all "foo" with "bar"
>suddenly, I'm on page 900
>where was I.jpg
>why did you scroll me to the end.jpg

I have a virtual machine strictly for Word, Excel, etc.

A regular thesaurus? Yes, though depending on what version of LibreOffice you have installed, you may have to install a thesaurus package yourself.

On Arch, you need the libmythes package, and then a language package like mythes-en for english

Use microsoft word online

>It certainly isn't LibreOffice's fault that MS is shit at implementing any standards not their own.

Microsoft is shit at implementing their own standards. The ISO OOXML standard is a steaming pile, and Microsoft doesn't even support it correctly.

From the Wikipedia:

Starting with Microsoft Office 2007, the Office Open XML file formats have become the default file format[4] of Microsoft Office.[5][6] However, due to the changes introduced in the Office Open XML standard, Office 2007 is not wholly in compliance with ISO/IEC 29500:2008.[39] Office 2010 includes support for the ISO/IEC 29500:2008-compliant version of Office Open XML, but it can only save documents conforming to the transitional, not the strict, schemas of the specification.[40][41]

It makes me kinda sad that people blame the devs for OO and LO not being able to read and write perfectly between microsoft formats.

Microsoft literally doesn't follow the standards that they write and they do this on purpose.

A dev first implements part of the standard according to what microsoft publishes, then they try to open a microsoft document that includes what they wrote, then it doesn't work and they try to figure out why. Now do this a hundred thousand times because microsoft doesn't want people to stop being locked in with their software.

Have you tried not being really, really retarded?

>He didnt buy Office 2016 for $10 from work

> use libre office
> it just werks

I have no idea what you're on about, OP.

>the pirated version is better
Sadly this is the case with a lot of software (including games).
The amount of accounts you need for paid software is way too high.

>Poorfags don't even have an excuse

Not everyone is a consumerist retard. MS could fucking give away their proprietary horse shit for free, and I'd still use LibreOffice. When Office, and Windows are open and respect users' freedom, then I may consider using them.

Basipally you're fucking stupid

IMBECILE! HOW DARE YOU INSULT THE KNUTH'S LATEX

I use excel as a bug tracker.

Fight me senpaitachi.

OP is a confirmed retard

Download C++

Same retard who keeps making anti-Linux thread with the same anime picture. Get a life you dumb weeaboo.

Remember to sage.

>Libre office
>shit
Luddite college fag detected.
It literally just works. If your sending a file to someone who will be opening with Ms office, just export accordingly and stop being a dumb bitch. My whole team uses this at work
(salaried infosec employee) and we make more money in a month than you have in your life.

Poojeet detected

>download libre office
>it just werk
>saved me some money
>i dont feel like a pirate neither
wew lad

>tfw too smart to not edit my documents using vim

>>download Microsoft Office
>>it just werks
yeah, right.

Just use SILE

Libreoffice is breddy gud

Oh, and here's why:

> TeX users may have an expectation that SILE will do certain things with ordinary text as well. For instance, if you place two straight-backquotes into a TeX document (like this:``) then TeX will magically turn that into a double opening quote (“). SILE won’t do this. If you want a double opening quote, you have to ask for one. Similarly, en- and em-dashes have to be input as actual Unicode characters for en- and em-dashes, rather than the pseudo-ligatures such as -- or --- that TeX later transforms to the Unicode characters.
>The second clever thing that happens around ordinary text is that a few — four, in fact — characters have a special meaning to SILE. All of these will be familiar to TeX users. We’ve seen that a backslash is used to start a command, and we’ll look into commands in more detail soon. Left and right curly braces ({,}) are used for grouping, particularly in command arguments. Finally, a percent sign is used as a comment character, meaning that everything from the percent to the end of the line is ignored by SILE. If you want to actually typeset these characters, prepend a backslash to them: \\produces ‘\’,\{produces ‘{’,\}produces ‘}’, and\%produces ‘%’.
>SILE is Unicode compatible, and expects its input files to be in the UTF-8 encoding. (The actual range of Unicode characters supported will depend on the supported ranges of the fonts that SILE is using to typeset.) Some Unicode characters are hard to locate on a standard keyboard, and so are difficult to enter into SILE documents. The unichar package helps with this problem by providing a command to enter Unicode codepoints. After loading unichar, the\unichar command becomes available: \unichar{U+263A} % produces

Everything else is UTF-8 and will print out correctly out of the box assuming you set a font that a glyph for the characters.
あば x Hello world. あ will produce: あば x Hello world. あ
That simple.

yes it is, he's being retarded

came buckets to ryuko's cleavage
konachan.com/post/show/173369

youtube.com/watch?v=BBiOx3pKZAc

>being so completely braindead you think LaTeX is difficult
What the fuck

{\large foo} , or {\huge bar}, whichever you prefer, or you could just set the actual fontsize in the preamble if it's for the whole text

If you can't figure this shit out, you're genuinely stupid. Indisputably idiotic.

LaTeX is one of the easiest implementations of TeX out there and the comfiest. It is literally made to be the casualfag version of TeX, and it does it brilliantly.

Or are you trying to write this shit in notepad or something? If you don't know how to configure Emacs or vim, try TeXstudio, it's got most of the commands built into the menu if you're too ADHD to read the documentation

You download distributions of LaTeX so you can compile it, senpai. TeXlive or MikTeX or whatever

Not LaTeX

Because if you use Office, Microsoft already knows you're retarded. And retards don't complain.

>download wps
>it's chinese botnet

but hey, better than microsoft shit and it runs natively on linux

The point is that the documents you try to open with LibreOffice or OpenOffice
Is already corrupted to ne only used in Microsoft office
So one day maybe
They will stop using this fag Microsoft office for LibreOffice
These day the smartphones will have more than teras inside

>not using laTEX

>apt-get install libreoffice
>it just works out of the box
Works on my machine.

>implying vim is difficult, at all

people are just lazy, vim is the easiest thing in the world

Latex is God tier for engineering reports....fucking love it

>downloading viruses or paying
>not using WPS Office for Linux

>libre office is shit
in what way? oh that's right this is just poor bait and OP is a faggot.

>read a wiki
>word processor

Academical institutions in Niggerland don't teach Latex to first years/prep schoolers?
TOP FUCKING KEK